Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat, FX4, White Platinum, Chrome, Tow
Occupation
Program Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Just got a map update notification in my Ford app. File is 19Q1_NA_Post-3.2_2ndRelease. Trying it today.
Sponsored

Dan Keil

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4
Occupation
Walmart Associate
I was told by my dealer that updates are only a available quarterly. Mine is at 3.3

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Well, got my adapter today and fixed the climate screen in just a few minutes without an issue. Just updated the tire size as well (going out to check it now and modify as needed), tuned off the key-reminder chime (FINALLY), and enabled the offroad gauge screen. This might be a problem...lol

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I still get this:

A software update is available.
Your SYNC system will be updated to SYNC3 v3.3.19052

Even though I have 3.4 (I think it is 20136). The "mother ship" never figured out that I did the upgrade. I've uploaded the xml file and it is connected to my home wifi - but it never seems to get the word.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I still get this:

A software update is available.
Your SYNC system will be updated to SYNC3 v3.3.19052

Even though I have 3.4 (I think it is 20136). The "mother ship" never figured out that I did the upgrade. I've uploaded the xml file and it is connected to my home wifi - but it never seems to get the word.
I get the same as you. I've been on 3.4 for months and uploaded the xml file a couple times.

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
I get the same as you. I've been on 3.4 for months and uploaded the xml file a couple times.
Mine said this for a while and then one day it started saying that I have 3.4.

Now that it's getting colder I'm really wishing I had the climate controls back to direct heat where I want it. In the summer I'm more of a windows down guy than AC unless it's REALLY hot. So it wasn't a big deal. But that's ending with winter coming fast.

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired

Now that it's getting colder I'm really wishing I had the climate controls back to direct heat where I want it. In the summer I'm more of a windows down guy than AC unless it's REALLY hot. So it wasn't a big deal. But that's ending with winter coming fast.
Then take it to the dealer and make them fix it. If they say they can’t then demand a loaner until they can. Shouldn’t have to get Forscan to restore what Ford broke.

If this happened to me I’d be in their face until they do something.

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Director
Then take it to the dealer and make them fix it. If they say they can’t then demand a loaner until they can. Shouldn’t have to get Forscan to restore what Ford broke.

Rule #1 of dealing with customer service: Don't yell at someone for something that isn't their fault.

It's not my dealer's fault that the climate controls were removed nor that the fix hasn't been released yet. I will ask if they have a different version than I have (the new trucks on the lot have 3.4 and all of them have the climate controls). But I'm not going down there to holler at anybody for something that isn't their fault and they have no power to fix.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase

Good luck. 1) bring rude doesn't solve anything. 2) I've been dealing with my local dealer about this for 2 months. They can't do anything until Ford engineering releases a fix. The asbuilt data for our trucks indicates that we shouldn't have the climate screen, which is wrong, and the new sync update reads that properly now so the controls are gone. It's on corporate to fix and the dealer is just as much at their mercy as I am.

Jamesb

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat, 501A, Build Date 12/19
Occupation
Engineering
Have you tried connecting your SYNC to your phone as a hotspot then "check for updates"?
?‍♂ ..that worked for me. I recognize I have a 2020 (Build Date 12/19) but my climate control is on my SYNC 3.4.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

Need to get Forscan or find someone close with it to fix it for you.

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
IT Director
Need to get Forscan or find someone close with it to fix it for you.
I'm good without Forscan. As someone who works in IT and knows a moderate amount of coding, I know what might happen if you attempt to adjust some of that code. Forscan works and it's probably fine, but I'd rather not fuck with my APIM. I'll just patiently wait, with hot feet :)
Sponsored

Last edited: