First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
How are you changing the theme in Forscan? I can change the splash screen, where is the change theme at?
It's in the same module configuration with the splash screen, it's just further down and not called theme. I think it is call " color variation" or something like that. gives several options for both Ford And Lincoln. All the Fords seem to be the same, as do the Lincolns. Just stay away from the ones for the the 10 inch or portrait screen. Basically the Ford tend to be blue and the Lincoln more brown/grey. You can then go into display settings in SYNC select background colors for both day and night mode from 4 choices. You can also set it to day/night/auto.

have fun playing
Sponsored

MotoWojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
It's in the same module configuration with the splash screen, it's just further down and not called theme. I think it is call " color variation" or something like that. gives several options for both Ford And Lincoln. All the Fords seem to be the same, as do the Lincolns. Just stay away from the ones for the the 10 inch or portrait screen. Basically the Ford tend to be blue and the Lincoln more brown/grey. You can then go into display settings in SYNC select background colors for both day and night mode from 4 choices. You can also set it to day/night/auto.

have fun playing
Ok, thanks, I gave that a try, but nothing ever changed no matter which theme I picked? Same blue screen with the same backgrounds. I wonder if somehow the splash screen limits the options? I have the Raptor splash screen chosen. Maybe I will change that and then try a couple of the theme options. I am looking for a theme with a black background, don't know if that exists?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Ok, thanks, I gave that a try, but nothing ever changed no matter which theme I picked? Same blue screen with the same backgrounds. I wonder if somehow the splash screen limits the options? I have the Raptor splash screen chosen. Maybe I will change that and then try a couple of the theme options. I am looking for a theme with a black background, don't know if that exists?
Just remembered to get the Lincoln screens you also need to change the "brand" to Lincoln from Ford. I'm running Lincoln colors with the Raptor splash. With one of the darker colors in night mode all the time. I also like the audio screen better with the Lincoln theme.

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Questions for those of you that used FORScan to restore the missing climate icon on the home screen ribbon after performing the Sync 3 update to v3.4.43 (Build 20136):
  • Had any DTCs been set in the APIM that needed to be cleared? If so, what were they and were they able to be cleared?
  • After Enabling the 3 climate settings in the APIM, as a final step, did you have to use FORScan to reset the APIM module or perform a master reset in the vehicle to re-enable the missing icon
  • Does performing a master reset in the vehicle perform the same procedure as a manual reset using FORScan?
Your responses are appreciated

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
Questions for those of you that used FORScan to restore the missing climate icon on the home screen ribbon after performing the Sync 3 update to v3.4.43 (Build 20136):
  • Had any DTCs been set in the APIM that needed to be cleared? If so, what were they and were they able to be cleared?
  • After Enabling the 3 climate settings in the APIM, as a final step, did you have to use FORScan to reset the APIM module or perform a master reset in the vehicle to re-enable the missing icon
  • Does performing a master reset in the vehicle perform the same procedure as a manual reset using FORScan?
Your responses are appreciated
No, no, and I don’t know.
I only enabled one setting. Climate Domain.
Sync 3.4 functions as it should.

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
An update: Appearently after making FORscan changes, the system needs some time to adapt or pull in changes. Kind of odd.

The splash screen change I made when also reenabling the climate controls was at first only on entry/start-up and the old Ford oval screen was on exit/shut-down. Now the new splash screen is on in both instances.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Can you take a pic of how that looks like? I’m curious
Not easily, since it only works when the phone is connected and I use a short cable. If you have the built in nav it's mostly the exact same dash display (speed limit, upcoming turn, current road, but does not set eta or remaining distance).

And my song titles came back, must have been a temporary glitch.

BGDOGY

First Name
Tommy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 4x4 crew cab
I was hoping to update to SYNC 3.4 this morning, but apparently my Ranger is up to date. It's a 2019 Lariat 501A. Does anyone have an idea when SYNC 3.4 might be available again?
The update is live again for my 2019 Lariat 501A. It was live a couple of weeks ago, but I wanted to give it time to work any bugs out. Went to download it this weekend and it said my 3.3 was up to date, but tonight 3.4.20136 is available again.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SOLD. 2005 S2000
Occupation
Accountant
The update is live again for my 2019 Lariat 501A. It was live a couple of weeks ago, but I wanted to give it time to work any bugs out. Went to download it this weekend and it said my 3.3 was up to date, but tonight 3.4.20136 is available again.
Thanks for the heads up. Currently downloading the update now!

Timothy Farley

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat 4wd

Wonder if it has the climate control fix. After I did my update a week ago, the website took it down and said 3.3 was the newest. Now it says 3.4 again. Hopefully with bug fixes. Downloading it now.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
Wonder if it has the climate control fix. After I did my update a week ago, the website took it down and said 3.3 was the newest. Now it says 3.4 again. Hopefully with bug fixes. Downloading it now.
No. Same software as before. Hopefully this has the Delay option in the script to prevent a restart loop.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
I should know within 20 min or so if my climate controls disappear. Currently installing SYNC 3.4.

Benworks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 501A Black Appearance Package
Downloaded the version that is once again available and it appears to be the same file. All file names, sizes and timestamps are identical. Strange that now it shows the version as v3.4.20136 instead of v3.4.43 on the website even though they are the same version. If for some very strange reason the new download fixes the climate for anyone is there a way to re-install the same version again? Will it ignore the USB or will it re-install anyways if inserted?

Also anyone with the B&O system notice the volume profile seems to be different or something off? I had everything tuned nicely for my tastes and it seems off..or I need to turn it louder to get the same volume as before with the same settings.

treimche

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Accountant
Did the Climate Controls disappear or did Ford fix the Problem?
Very Curious.
Well, if the update would actually work I could tell you. The damn truck turned itself off during the update. I just had the ignition turned on instead of wasting gas while updating. Now the SYNC system won't even start the update process at all. I reformatted the USB drive and downloaded the files again, still won't start the update with the Ranger running or not.
Sponsored