Just updated to Sync 3.4 on my Ranger 2019

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
If the Icons are on your screen you shouldn't need to do anything more.
Haven't had a chance to tweak yet. I'll just do the Climate Domain first and see what it looks like. Then report back. Waiting on the UPS guy with my OBD link...
Sponsored

TORQUERULES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
So, I was supposed to get the OBD Link today and it even said delivered and handed to the customer, but I was not even home... Amazon is sending a replacement.

j0shm1lls

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Focus RS, 2019 Ranger SCrew Lariat FX4 Sport
Vehicle Showcase
So I tried to install the official update coming from the unofficial 19200 build. Drove home for about 40 minutes and it still wasn't done restarting so I let it sit for almost an hour and it still kept restarting.

This was on 19200
20200806_170633.jpg

And this is now
20200806_184142.jpg

Not sure if that's everything or if I need to try this again...

EDIT:
I took a look at the USB drive and it appears 9 different log folders/files have been created, each about 7 minutes apart, below are the contents:

InterrogatorLog() +
CopyInterrogatorLog +
Interrogator log generation unsuccessful
CopyInterrogatorLog -
InterrogatorLog() -
getVINnumber thread already terminated

Last edited:

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
So I dropped the truck off this morning at the dealership. By the time I got home I had a notification from Ford Pass that they did a master reset. I just got a call that they still don't know what's going on (what happened to talking to Ford Engineering?) and have a call into Ford Engineering and should have an answer in the morning. So, it sits for another day and we'll see what happens. I'll keep y'all posted.
Looking forward to hearing what they do.

Benworks

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 501A Black Appearance Package
Not sure if asked before but those that have lost climate after updating I wonder if you were missing the heated seat controls prior to the update? I updated on my lariat to 3.4 and am also missing the climate icons. Seat control was not showing on mine on 3.3. Just looking to see if a common factor.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
So I tried to install the official update coming from the unofficial 19200 build. Drove home for about 40 minutes and it still wasn't done restarting so I let it sit for almost an hour and it still kept restarting.

This was on 19200
20200806_170633.jpg

And this is now
20200806_184142.jpg

If you don't have NAV, it'll just keep reapplying the update until you pull the USB stick. It's fine after the first reboot though.
Looking forward to hearing what they do.
Same. Fingers crossed at least.

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
I created this post earlier. If you are interested in looking at and/or editing a copy of your asbuilt file or forscan download its pretty neat. I found the tools and really liked that I could see more detailed info. https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/fun-stuff.8631/#post-156842

I am also downloading the 3.4.20136 update from cyanlabs to see if that gives me the NA traffic sign.
1596772276666.png

Edit** Spent several hours downloading and setting this up. Got an error PKG_ERR04 (Package Revoked). Back to the drawing board.

Last edited:

Bproctor

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
NC National Guard
If anyone is still trying to download the files from ford and can't, here is a copy I downloaded that doesn't include the license file. I have NAV, so I'm pretty sure it will not work for non-NAV. I'm not sure how the license file works, but I am assuming the update is generic for the most part for NAV and non-NAV systems. Someone please let me know if this is not a feasible idea and I will remove it.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ap9kGjPHeeYTg6kHwrR7NjL644BUMA?e=bOCaeQ

Hope it helps someone.

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid

This was on 19200
20200806_170633.jpg

And this is now
20200806_184142.jpg

EDIT:
I took a look at the USB drive and it appears 9 different log folders/files have been created, each about 7 minutes apart, below are the contents:

You’re missing. The updated -CL voice package. The restart loop is because the script doesn’t have a Delay option at the end. I believe that’s going to get fixed but hasn’t yet.

koly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat

This was on 19200
20200806_170633.jpg

And this is now
20200806_184142.jpg

EDIT:
Those interragator logs are produced after each repeated install after the initial one. It's trying to create another XML file each time but cannot since there's already one created from the first install. For the people experiencing the continuous installs without removing the USB, one install is all that's required.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Those interragator logs are produced after each repeated install after the initial one. It's trying to create another XML file each time but cannot since there's already one created from the first install. For the people experiencing the continuous installs without removing the USB, one install is all that's required.
Mine rebooted a ridiculous number of times and then suddenly was done.
It might be hard for people to be sure it's actually finished since the prompts are so hilariously bad...

koly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat
It might be hard for people to be sure it's actually finished since the prompts are so hilariously bad...
I went on for atleast 7 or 8 reboots before pulling the plug. Didn't seem like an end was in sight. How many times would you say it rebooted for you? Did you get the "installation complete" prompt where it stayed on the screen for good?

Geoff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger 1943 Willys Jeep
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Yeah, that's the most confusing SW updater I've ever used. The secret is it's done when it stops and doesn't reboot.
The safest bet for loading the map is to not pay attention to any on screen messages until it stays on the screen and doesn't close or reboot itself.

For those of you with continuous reboots....is there anything else on the USB drive other than the Map Installer?

Last edited:

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I went on for atleast 7 or 8 reboots before pulling the plug. Didn't seem like an end was in sight. How many times would you say it rebooted for you? Did you get the "installation complete" prompt where it stayed on the screen for good?
eventually yes. I lost count of how many times it rebooted and was pretty convinced it would never stop. :D

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
Not sure if asked before but those that have lost climate after updating I wonder if you were missing the heated seat controls prior to the update? I updated on my lariat to 3.4 and am also missing the climate icons. Seat control was not showing on mine on 3.3. Just looking to see if a common factor.
I was missing the heated seats icon on my Lariat - and are one of those that are now missing climate controls on Sync 3.4.
Sponsored