First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Meant to say I haven't used Forscan before.
You can look up many vids on it, once you do it, nothing to it after that. Getting the license is the hardest part in my opinion. In fact there is thread here in this forum dedicated to Foscan, you can find out everything you need there.

https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/forscan-crowdsourced-wiki.2008/

EDIT: Watch a few vids, it makes it alot easier than trying to read out things. For starters, recommend just using the simple enable/disable feature. The asbuilt can come once your comfortable with it.

Tiggger1531

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
retired USAF

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Meant to say I haven't used Forscan before.
As @viperwolf said check out the videos, with the configuration menus it is not real hard. Biggest thing that cannot be stressed enough! Backup all you module as-built files before making any changes. That way if something doesn't work you can restore your changes back to the way it was before the change. Backups are your friend.

Ugly_Betty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Running 3.3 19052. Followed all the instructions to update via USB. Plugged in the drive, it recognizes it.....then nothing. What am I doing wrong?

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Running 3.3 19052. Followed all the instructions to update via USB. Plugged in the drive, it recognizes it.....then nothing. What am I doing wrong?
how long have you left it in? mine can sometimes take a few minutes before it seems to notice and do something. unlike some, I suggest just taking a nice long drive in the country with updating happening as a side project rather than sitting and staring at it and driving yourself nuts--even if the update doesn't happen, at least you had a nice drive!

Ugly_Betty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
how long have you left it in? mine can sometimes take a few minutes before it seems to notice and do something. unlike some, I suggest just taking a nice long drive in the country with updating happening as a side project rather than sitting and staring at it and driving yourself nuts--even if the update doesn't happen, at least you had a nice drive!
Ok, I saw in some of the instructions that it would indicate it started the update....but it just says it's recognized the drive. Guess I'll go for a lil' drive then.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Ok, I saw in some of the instructions that it would indicate it started the update....but it just says it's recognized the drive. Guess I'll go for a lil' drive then.
it should eventually start saying "updating system" or words to that effect across the top of the screen. it'll also reboot a few times, and tell you to turn the truck off, and all kinds of weird stuff. my advice is after you're done your drive, check for the xml file in the SyncMyRide folder. If it's not there, do the same thing tomorrow. Especially the upgrade from 3.3 I remember taking forever, not really being done when it seemed to be, but also eventually being done even though it kept reinstalling. (Hopefully ford fixed that, it sucked.) I was a lot more mellow when I took an "it'll be done when it's done" attitude vs "I'm going to do this now" attitude.

Ugly_Betty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last update kept all my current asbuilt settings, splash screen, theme, climate screen and heated seat buttons. You should be OK.

Just be sure the SyncMyRide folder on the USB has all six files.
I downloaded from Ford and it only came with 5 files. What's the 6th?
SYNC Update FIle List.jpg

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I downloaded from Ford and it only came with 5 files. What's the 6th?
SYNC Update FIle List.jpg
Missing the 5U5T-14G391-BM file that's the new language file. It's big, like 1.5GB.

Yours is non-NAV correct?

Ugly_Betty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Missing the 5U5T-14G391-BM file that's the new language file. It's big, like 1.5GB.

Yours is non-NAV correct?
I have NAV. I keep looking for a post saying there' a VIN to use to get all 6 files?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I have NAV. I keep looking for a post saying there' a VIN to use to get all 6 files?
Hear is a post from another SYNC 3.4 thread that has a NAV VIN you can try.
1FMCU9J90LUB09229 is one example for NA NAV. Basically, if you're missing a file or files, you can look up some used vehicle VINs for MY19/20 with the same system and pull a full package that way. Annoying, but it works.

FYI - A quick way to check if you got the new Voice file is just press the VR button. If all you get is short silence, then the beep to talk you're OK. If it still chimes, or worse, chimes and says "please say a command", you're using an old Voice pack. Gracenotes you can check from the About SYNC screen.

tmcolegr

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 Platinum 4x4 & 2019 Ranger XLT 4x4