Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Somewhere between ME and AZ, depends on the season
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat with BAP, Tow and FX4
Occupation
Semi-retired, lazy bum/tramp, formerly Sys admin in a toxic work environment
No heated seats icon on mine after the upgrade, but the icon wasn't there before, either.
Sponsored

Murphie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 4X2, 2023 Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
Financial Auditor - Retired
Nope, just a straight upgrade via USB thumb drive.
But I'm assuming that you had heated seats on the main screen from the get-go, right? I don't think this update fixes anything other than restoring Climate Control. Even though I have heated seats, the controls were not on Sync. I added them via Forscan, and they remained after applying this update.

Al Gordon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
But I'm assuming that you had heated seats on the main screen from the get-go, right? I don't think this update fixes anything other than restoring Climate Control. Even though I have heated seats, the controls were not on Sync. I added them via Forscan, and they remained after applying this update.
I don't have or use Forscan. Yes, I never lost the heated seat icons from my display, probably because I didn't apply the update prior to this latest one that broke that.

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military

VegasP11

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
I find it weird that some people have the heated seats on the SYNC screen and some don't.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I had the heated seats on the main screen when I first got the truck. I found an option to turn it off because I thought it was stupid to have them on the screen when there's a hard switch with lighted indicators right below it on the console, and I thought it just cluttered the interface. I don't know if there's still an option somewhere to toggle them off and on, I'm happy that they're still gone. It's a mystery whether there were supposed to be seat controls on the screen at all, whether there should be now, whether their state depends on configuration options, etc. Almost certainly it's a bug that they seem to be random, but I have no idea what ford intended.

Al Gordon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I find it weird that some people have the heated seats on the SYNC screen and some don't.
I don't. The Sync QA team are almost certainly testing against an assumed-static configuration, not one that's been modified by customer end-users who have been playing around with their settings using Forscan.

I'm assuming that the reason I have never lost my heated seat control icons on my screen is either related to a) not installing a previous update, which likely removed those icons as a bug, and/or b) that I've never used Forscan on my truck. I'm not saying that people shouldn't use it, but I have no desire to use it myself.

Al Gordon

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's a mystery whether there were supposed to be seat controls on the screen at all, whether there should be now, whether their state depends on configuration options, etc. Almost certainly it's a bug that they seem to be random, but I have no idea what ford intended.
Yeah, I was thinking along those same lines. The physical controls, which do exactly the same thing, are just a few inches below the Sync screen. I don't get why anyone would consider this to be a blocker to upgrading, but, to each their own. :)

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
I don't. The Sync QA team are almost certainly testing against an assumed-static configuration, not one that's been modified by customer end-users who have been playing around with their settings using Forscan.
I've never used forscan, the settings I was talking about were in the on-screen menus.

VegasP11

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Yeah, I was thinking along those same lines. The physical controls, which do exactly the same thing, are just a few inches below the Sync screen. I don't get why anyone would consider this to be a blocker to upgrading, but, to each their own. :)
I have no problem using the physical buttons either, I just found it odd that some have it on the SYNC screen and some don't.

SILK

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT Crew Cab Sport, 2018 Santa Cruz Tallboy
Occupation
IT Director
Are there still issues here with the latest version? They fixed the climate controls issue, but now the heated seat icons are missing??? Is this a known issue they are going to address???
This is a panic-based reaction to a non issue. I believe I had the seat controls on the climate page when I had 3.3. I do not have them with 20282. Unlike the rest of the climate controls however, if you have heated seats, you have physical buttons to turn them on and off that are far more convenient than finding them in a UI anyway. I thought it was weird, but don't miss it or need it. I did not have them on my front page like @Al Gordon did. On my 3.3, they were buried in the climate and then "More" page. I had to press the UI 3 times just to get to them. Other than this, the 20282 release fixed a lot and has no issues that I'm aware of.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
This is a panic-based reaction to a non issue. I believe I had the seat controls on the climate page when I had 3.3. I do not have them with 20282. Unlike the rest of the climate controls however, if you have heated seats, you have physical buttons to turn them on and off that are far more convenient than finding them in a UI anyway. I thought it was weird, but don't miss it or need it. I did not have them on my front page like @Al Gordon did. On my 3.3, they were buried in the climate and then "More" page. I had to press the UI 3 times just to get to them. Other than this, the 20282 release fixed a lot and has no issues that I'm aware of.
With 3.3 I did not originally have them on my home page and was not even aware if they were on the climate screen sub menu. Which I agree is an inconvenient and stupid place for them. I added them to my home screen with Forscan and they have stayed through all the updates. Even after I lost the climate careen and had to restore it with Forscan.

Tiggger1531

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
retired USAF
Finally did the update to 3.4. No issues with the install. Everything is working as it should be. Just have to get used to the color scheme.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Finally did the update to 3.4. No issues with the install. Everything is working as it should be. Just have to get used to the color scheme.
That is somewhat changeable in Forscan. Just go to a Lincoln theme if you want to get rid of the blue.

Tiggger1531

First Name
Stacey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
retired USAF
That is somewhat changeable in Forscan. Just go to a Lincoln theme if you want to get rid of the blue.
Just ordered a OBDLINK cable to get into Forscan. I have used Forscan before. Hopefully it won't be too intimidating.
Sponsored