John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. Ranger Wildtrack
Occupation
Crane Operator
Yep..
It was a great for mat and color in all screens..
When i take truck for service , i will ask if they can re-set back to 3.3.
You also loose the picture in picture , maps and radio info in the one screen when touching home button whilst in Nav just through Bluetooth not AA..
Havent tried AA yet since 3.4 update..

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Yep..
It was a great for mat and color in all screens..
When i take truck for service , i will ask if they can re-set back to 3.3.
You also loose the picture in picture , maps and radio info in the one screen when touching home button whilst in Nav just through Bluetooth not AA..
Havent tried AA yet since 3.4 update..
You can get to themes using the "Testing Settings" menu. Looks like some of the names may have changed a little. They won't stick until they are set in in Forscan. You can also have the Test Setting s menu show up in the Settings menu. That way you don't have to hold both of the skip forward buttons to get to it.

In the APMI Configuration in Forscan they are under "Visual Design Variants" Not Themes. You may have to set the "Brand" to Lincoln to get the Lincoln themes to work. That's what I did, there are also a bunch of new splash screens too.

Not sure what you mean by "picture in picture"? Are you talking the split home screen? I don't have NAV on mine so I use AA for navigation. Not sure what built in NAV has to do with Bluetooth either, I didn't think it used your phone.

Yellowtoy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. Ranger Wildtrack
Occupation
Crane Operator
Hi Big Blue, that is what i have done got into menu and now just go through Test settings now, but since the 3.4 update the different themes are still there, but they dont change color and for mat like before..

Picture in Picture is using the trucks Navigation , Obviously Nav is still there , but you cant get this..

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Hi Big Blue, that is what i have done got into menu and now just go through Test settings now, but since the 3.4 update the different themes are still there, but they dont change color and for mat like before..

Picture in Picture is using the trucks Navigation , Obviously Nav is still there , but you cant get this..
All the Ford Themes are pretty much the same as are the Lincoln themes. You can go into the Display Settings and change the background color to one of 4 selections for both the day and night modes. And yes the formats are pretty much the same for all the Ford or Lincoln themes. I'm running a Lincoln theme with the darkest background, in Night mode all the time. Hope they do better in the future.
Lincoln SYNC Screen.jpg

As for as the NAv in the left half, That is the one complaint I haven't heard in the forum. I would think that would have shown up right away, kind of a big issue for people with NAV.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Yellowtoy

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. Ranger Wildtrack
Occupation
Crane Operator
Are you saying on the Home screen, you don't have the embedded map displayed? Picture?
I just went out to truck and checked ..
Its all good now, maybe wasnt fully downloaded ..

Pirategrad

First Name
Clem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor
That's expected. Update was pulled for MY19 Rangers. Newer build hasn't been posted yet.
Thanks UofMEngineer. Darn Ford, whatā€™s up with that? Been eating for a while now since Iā€™m a chicken to pull the trigger on the unofficial.

James Caper

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 f150, 2019 Ranger
There was a official release but it had an issue with climate control. I and others have installed it. If you have forscan you will be OK otherwise wait.

Ammalone72

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Med clerk
I can help you. I am NOT an expert but know how to accomplish this edit. Do you have FORScan ready to connect to your truck?
So I'm having the same climate tab issue. I know nothing about this forscan. Where and how? Do you ming helping. Kinda sucks that a missing little climate tab can cause so much greif. LOL

Ace Holliday

First Name
Scott K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Super Crew
Occupation
Aerospace Machinist/CNC Programmer - Retired
So I'm having the same climate tab issue. I know nothing about this forscan. Where and how? Do you ming helping. Kinda sucks that a missing little climate tab can cause so much greif. LOL
It is actually quite simple. You need to download the FORScan program onto your laptop. Follow the instructions to sign up for an account. It is free for a 60 day trial. Purchase the recommended OBD2 cable. Some folks have luck with generic cables but the one I bought would not work. Save some grief and buy the one the FORScan folks recommend. Until you get successfully connected to your truck there is nothing you can do to get your Climate Control screen back.

I am surprised Ford has not fixed this yet. Well, I probably should not be surprised but it is an easy fix once you do the legwork.

There are details in this thread that tell you exactly what to enable. It takes a couple of minutes. There is a link to some instructions in the thread that is titled FORScan Wiki that you should read.

Hope this helps.
Sponsored