First Name
derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 xlt ranger, 34 ford pickup, 302in TR6,
Occupation
retired eng.
I bought the Beltech lowering kit. I flipped the rear axel/spring and used the shackles to lower 5". At the front I used the supplied shocks
to lower it 2 3/4". All this lowering makes the truck look fantastic and level........BUT ! after 9 months of use I have to report that the truck rides very hard! The "Sport" shocks that Bell tech supplies seem way too hard for road use! Both front and rear seem like that their is not enough travel in the suspension now. It is like the truck bottoms-out on the shortened yellow rubber cushions that Bell tech supplies.
The truck corners much better now, but I think I would like softer shocks. Bell Tech has not been helpful on this installation.
Sponsored

Wytchdctr

First Name
Doug P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT
Occupation
Retired Military/HR Manager
The only significantly lowered vehicles (more than an inch) I've driven/ridden in that didn't seem a bit hard for daily street use had airbags under them.

66F100

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2WD XLT SCAB
Occupation
Lineman
If you want softer, put your stock shocks back on.
The Belltech kit uses replacement struts on the front or replacement coilovers. Could put the stock absorbers on the rear but I think it would be a bit unbalanced with a tight front and soft rear.

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
There's only one way I know to fix this AS BEST AS POSSIBLE.

The Belltechs are gonna be much shorter than factory, your best bet is gonna be to pull the shocks from the beltech system and take them to a custom shock shop. Somewhere with the capability to rebuild and perhaps dyno shocks. They can measure the Belltechs and suggest a shick body to go with, while providing custom valving.

You're gonna spend about twice as much as a set of factory Bilsteins, and you're gonna be on a rebuild schedule of about 25k miles. And it probably won't ride as buttery smooth as you want.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
your phone does not have a camera? wink wink nudge nudge
Pics! Send us the pics.

Or it didn't happen.
@derek costello DUDE---PICS !!!! (please) :fingerscrossed:
I think @RANGER PRIDE is in the St. Catharines/Niagara Falls area these days. Not that I’m stalking him or anything like that. Maybe, if he sees this mysterious lowered unicorn around town, he’ll snap a few pics and post them.

Also, the OP’s not far from me, so I could take a quick drive around to the other side of the lake and hunt it down if necessary. ;)

087B2866-93AC-4B38-8916-3FD88197A099.png

WolfgangVTS

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
I bought the Beltech lowering kit. I flipped the rear axel/spring and used the shackles to lower 5". At the front I used the supplied shocks
to lower it 2 3/4". All this lowering makes the truck look fantastic and level........BUT ! after 9 months of use I have to report that the truck rides very hard! The "Sport" shocks that Bell tech supplies seem way too hard for road use! Both front and rear seem like that their is not enough travel in the suspension now. It is like the truck bottoms-out on the shortened yellow rubber cushions that Bell tech supplies.
The truck corners much better now, but I think I would like softer shocks. Bell Tech has not been helpful on this installation.
1656327532574.gif