Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat CC Black FX2 (Wife's), 2017 Rubicon 2d
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I've been looking at the Hellwig Adjustable Rear Sway Bar for my truck. All the pics on Stage 3 show it installed on lifted Rangers... That's a problem, I was hoping some of yall could help me with?

I'm planning on doing a 6" rear drop/axle flip and was wondering if this bar would still be able to work after the axle is on top of the springs? They need more parts for us low-lifers :)

https://www.stage3motorsports.com/7778-19-20-ranger-hellwig-adjustable-rate-rear-sway-bar.html
Sponsored

Reactions: Doc

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
The rear of my ranger is stock height. I thought adding the Eibach shocks kept the rear axle under control but that was driving it like a truck. The factory shocks seems to allow it to swallow around a lot more. Now I don't think I need a sway bar for my driving style

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
The rear of my ranger is stock height. I thought adding the Eibach shocks kept the rear axle under control but that was driving it like a truck. The factory shocks seems to allow it to swallow around a lot more. Now I don't think I need a sway bar for my driving style
Mine's going to be more performance street oriented, so I was curious for holding curves better, than it not having one at all?

I installed a stock Splash rear sway bar on my '03 Ranger FX4 and it helped tremendously!

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I had a 93 splash an it handled well for a pick up but it would understeer like crazy if I really pushed it.

Dropping the rear that much (lowering the center of gravity) with firmer shocks would probably be enough for me but sounds like you want an all out canyon carver. You can always do the drop first then add the sway later

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 93 splash an it handled well for a pick up but it would understeer like crazy if I really pushed it.

Dropping the rear that much (lowering the center of gravity) with firmer shocks would probably be enough for me but sounds like you want an all out canyon carver. You can always do the drop first then add the sway later
Indeed it would be a canyon carver weekend/daily driver for me :) I am definitely going to drop it first and see how it is, but I was hoping someone had an answer if the Hellwig bar would work or not. Nobody to ask, since I'm pretty sure it's more for lifted trucks...

FInoob

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
??
Might work, would need shorter end links.

20211128_175728.jpg

20211128_175718.jpg

OP
OP
Mirage775

Mirage775

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Journeyman Waterworker
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, when I was looking at the pics of the endlinks, I thought the same thing. Would be nice if it weren't $500 or I'd try it after I drop it...

FInoob

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
??
Wonder if straight end links would work, looks like they might.
My old R/T, I lowered it 2" and put a rear swaybar on. Then I had a Core panhard bar, I broke the factory one and a spohn bar. Lol, it was fun.

20200930_172528.jpg

First Name
Wil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Ford ranger STX crewcab
Occupation
Tech
Indeed it would be a canyon carver weekend/daily driver for me :) I am definitely going to drop it first and see how it is, but I was hoping someone had an answer if the Hellwig bar would work or not. Nobody to ask, since I'm pretty sure it's more for lifted trucks...
Mine has a 4-2 drop on it and I was wondering if that would work on mine also.

Loweredon33s

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Performance person
I’m considering a torsion bar type sway bar setup (like an anti roll bar that has flex) I think a lot more rear roll control would make a huge difference on my lowered truck.
Sponsored