alazar14

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger (2019), Chevrolet Camaro 2002 Anniversary Edition
self inflicted dings are the worst dings
I don't know man, at least if I did them I feel like it was my mistake. I personally think other-inflected dings are worse. Especially when/if you park far away from anyone and you STILL get a ding.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Based on what my guy told me (I had a ding right on the lower body line), he would have had to make a hole on the inside of the door if I wanted the line to be exactly the same as it was before (hard to explain where). I decided to just leave it looking (almost) like it did before, but not quite. He wasn't going to go in through the window because the dent ways too low on the door and he needed leverage. Apparently they check for those if you ever sell the car to a place like "Carmax" or something. He also warned me never to buy a Subaru if I care about the "thickness" of body panels and quality of the paint. Go figure.
Can confirm the Subaru warning. Thinnest layer of paint. Kids brushed the edge of a door along the flat side of a cardboard box and the paint was down to the primer on our Forester...

PalmettoRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4x4 Magnetic Ranger XLT SuperCrew with STX package
I got caught in a hail storm about 2 miles from my house a while back. The car held up a lot better than I thought it would, but there are a couple of dings on the roof.

Deleted member 1634

Can confirm the Subaru warning. Thinnest layer of paint. Kids brushed the edge of a door along the flat side of a cardboard box and the paint was down to the primer on our Forester...
Interesting. I've never heard of the Subaru paint issue. Nor did I have any issues with my paint on my old Crosstrek. Even had an angry trucker (for reasons still unknown to me) throw a metal or glass bottle out his window at me going 80 down the freeway in North Dakota and that didn't even break through the paint (though it did put a nice dent on the body line right below the rear window where my dad was sitting at the time). Still one of the scariest driving encounters of my life. Nor did the countless gravel roads and door hit ice banks produce anything either. Only scratches I had were from me dragging my gravel ridden kayak on part of the roof.

Not discounting the claim, just noting that I never had any problems. I had plenty of mechanical problems with my Crosstrek though. haha

Turborave

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Shit, looks like a body line dent, but I can't quite tell because of the lighting. They may still be able to get most of it out though. I had a really bad (I mean really bad) dent right on the body line (about 1.5 -2 inches long and .5 inches deep). The PDR guy spent over 1.5 hours on the one dent, but was able to pull it out about 95% of the way. The only thing they can't do is make the body line as sharp as it was before, but they try to lift the metal so it looks even. You can't tell the difference visually, but when you run your finger on the body line you can tell the area where the dent was is way less sharp (more rounded).
Dent fairy came today, got it out!
0731201922.jpg

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
My truck has 700 miles on it. Ceramic coated and garage kept.

Looked at the hood yesterday, and there are two very fine dings on the front of the hood where the closing mechanism is under the metal. Makes me kind of curious if this is a widespread issue, but I haven't seen any others to verify.

At least make me feel better, lol.
I bought mine "used" with only 1100 miles on it...but the salesman that had purchased it from the dealer (kept it 2 weeks and turned it in) dinged the cap rail on the tailgate, and on one of the sides of the bed, and also nicked the little black trim piece that goes between the front and rear door windows. So my truck was somewhat pre-dinged when I got it. I'm not happy about it, but I'm also not as anal over it as I would have been had I bought it brand new.

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
Subaru's aren't known for their paint, it's true. Mine held up reasonably well but Subaru's are made to get back road pinstripes anyway.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO

Dr.Me

First Name
Daven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
I wanna keep the paint nice for as long as possible, But... once every panel has a few blemishes, it'll be time for some armor experiments:idea:. Maybe by then there will be a better option than bedlining the entire truck:fingerscrossed:

That being said i have 2 dings, both on driver's side, one on the hood, the other on the fender, Literally right next to each other. I'm either thinking someone got extra curious to see what was in the truck or it has something to do the the hood lift bracket/hydrolic.

Williamflores

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Dude, I dropped my old bike(yamaha sr500) while loading it in my truck, I had it for about 2 months scratched the shit out of the tailgate to the metal, I could have cried, I ended up covering it with an american flag tailgate vinyl. Once I broke the seal on that it wasn't nearly as painful when I drove my first trail and heard the screeching as I pinstriped my paint with branches.

FX4Offroad

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat FX4
Dude, I dropped my old bike(yamaha sr500) while loading it in my truck, I had it for about 2 months scratched the shit out of the tailgate to the metal, I could have cried, I ended up covering it with an american flag tailgate vinyl. Once I broke the seal on that it wasn't nearly as painful when I drove my first trail and heard the screeching as I pinstriped my paint with branches.
We call that Redneck Pinstriping.

bearrug

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX 4X4, 2023 ford Bronco Sport
Got my first one yesterday pulled up to the gas pump opened the door and the wind was blowing so hard and slammed it into a concrete post got a small crease in it, needless to say cuss words were flying.
Sponsored