Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Sid, if you're still on the original windshield after all those miles I'd say you're doing good. :like: But if you insist I have a good size rock I could help you out.?
Yup...original WS...not too bad considering the milage...the most notable damage is from a dump truck loosing a load of plaster or glass on the highway in front of me...I saw it coming and tried to swerve...missed all but one large chunk that smacked the passenger side which freaked Mrs out...thankfully, nothing on the body or paint but the glass got this strange mark that is in the glass...looks like a quarter size smudge...not sure how to repair that...it's not a "chip" or a "crack"...probably just need some TLC with a ball peen to fix it up good as new...?
Sponsored

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Yup...original WS...not too bad considering the milage...the most notable damage is from a dump truck loosing a load of plaster or glass on the highway in front of me...I saw it coming and tried to swerve...missed all but one large chunk that smacked the passenger side which freaked Mrs out...thankfully, nothing on the body or paint but the glass got this strange mark that is in the glass...looks like a quarter size smudge...not sure how to repair that...it's not a "chip" or a "crack"...probably just need some TLC with a ball peen to fix it up good as new...?

That's pretty impressive with all those miles to still have the original windshield. I noticed while cleaning mine the other day I have a small chip in mine and I only have 18,000 miles on mine. lol Why is it when you want them to break they don't?

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
That's pretty impressive with all those miles to still have the original windshield. I noticed while cleaning mine the other day I have a small chip in mine and I only have 18,000 miles on mine. lol Why is it when you want them to break they don't?
You know Dave, the Jeep Wrangler has the aerodynamics of a brick and a fairly vertical windshield which collects chips.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
You know Dave, the Jeep Wrangler has the aerodynamics of a brick and a fairly vertical windshield which collects chips.
Kent, I heard they were rock catchers. I always have glass replacement on my Insurance and I also added the Gorilla glass from the factory. Some say it works and some say it's snake oil but it was only $165 so I figured why not give it a try.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Kent, I heard they were rock catchers. I always have glass replacement on my Insurance and I also added the Gorilla glass from the factory. Some say it works and some say it's snake oil but it was only $165 so I figured why not give it a try.
Hey, this gives me a good idea for your jeep forum shopping network, Gorilla Glass Prover....

1635339984920.png
:idea:

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Invisible Glass is great stuff....and I simply use a crumpled up newspaper.
No streaking or hazing.
It's funny because I bought the Invisible glass before seeing this video to try something different. The name had me wondering if it was just another gimmick but you're right the stuff works great along with the Magic Eraser your windshield's spotless. This process also works great on bathroom mirrors and shower glass.

micheal2008

First Name
hanist
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM
Occupation
manager
When you clean inside windshield you need quick cleaning and deep cleaning. You can use a bar of detailing clay to deal with any grime and grit lodged into crevices. A typical one weighs 3 to 3.5 pounds.
Sponsored