First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
We always garage our vehicles......I have neighbors who have a $50 stack of crap in their garages and $40,000 vehicles in the driveway. My garage is not a storage locker LOL
It always amazes me how people will store junk in their garages yet leave $100K worth of vehicles outside! One of the last jobs I was doing back east before I moved the customer had several higher end vehicles outside. I'm talking a BMW,Escalade a Lexus and then one of the kids cars. The garage was stacked floor to ceiling with junk while these all sat outside in the snow! lol
Sponsored

Deleted member 1634

We always garage our vehicles......I have neighbors who have a $50 stack of crap in their garages and $40,000 vehicles in the driveway. My garage is not a storage locker LOL
#whynotboth haha

In the winter, and during severe storms, we put everything inside the garage. Escape, Ranger, camper, snowblower, lawnmower, boats, bikes, tools, and all the other junk we have. I made it a point to buy a house that had a big enough garage to fit everything in it. When it's nice out the truck and camper sit outside, which is fine. Nothing to worry about needing to protect it from on calm days and cool nights.

Turborave

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
PDR guys can do an excellent job at times. I had a few dents that got repaired recently and they came out about 95% of the way, can barely tell there was a dent there.
ive had very good experience with them, i got dents taken out of my jetta i had 2 cars ago. its an art and they make it look so easy.

Turborave

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
aaaannnnd... i just got my truck back from the dealer getting an electrical issue fixed, parked it in my newly cleaned out garage and one of the kids bikes fell against the driver side door.. i cant win.. my PDR guy is on vacation, so i get to look at it for a week or so... time to go to Home Depot for some more bungies to secure these bikes to the wall..

alazar14

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger (2019), Chevrolet Camaro 2002 Anniversary Edition
aaaannnnd... i just got my truck back from the dealer getting an electrical issue fixed, parked it in my newly cleaned out garage and one of the kids bikes fell against the driver side door.. i cant win.. my PDR guy is on vacation, so i get to look at it for a week or so... time to go to Home Depot for some more bungies to secure these bikes to the wall..
That really sucks man, I'm sorry!

With these new vehicles its almost impossible to keep them in perfect condition. The metal is flimsy and the paint damages very easily. I'm assuming it didn't make a massive dent?

As long as the dent isn't right on a body line, PDR guys can usually get them out most of the way. In the worst case scenarios, they do drill holes on the side of the door to reach certain spots. At that point, you will have to determine if its something you want fixed or not.

Turborave

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
That really sucks man, I'm sorry!

With these new vehicles its almost impossible to keep them in perfect condition. The metal is flimsy and the paint damages very easily. I'm assuming it didn't make a massive dent?

As long as the dent isn't right on a body line, PDR guys can usually get them out most of the way. In the worst case scenarios, they do drill holes on the side of the door to reach certain spots. At that point, you will have to determine if its something you want fixed or not.
ouch

0717201521f_HDR.jpg

alazar14

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shit, looks like a body line dent, but I can't quite tell because of the lighting. They may still be able to get most of it out though. I had a really bad (I mean really bad) dent right on the body line (about 1.5 -2 inches long and .5 inches deep). The PDR guy spent over 1.5 hours on the one dent, but was able to pull it out about 95% of the way. The only thing they can't do is make the body line as sharp as it was before, but they try to lift the metal so it looks even. You can't tell the difference visually, but when you run your finger on the body line you can tell the area where the dent was is way less sharp (more rounded).

peterson1604

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Body shop manager
Vehicle Showcase
They're not at all visible to passerbys. And I am VERY OCD about paint work (I used to do body work and ran detailing business). The dealer would just have a shop that doesn't know what they're doing around here paint it and fill it. It's about 0.2mm deep indent.

I will keep it as is since its not terrible, but I'm thinking that the dealer that installed my leveling kit did it.
I managed three body shops and I know what you mean, you have to be careful about who does your work. maybe a good PDR guy in your area could take care of it for you, probably wouldn't cost much.

Turborave

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
Shit, looks like a body line dent, but I can't quite tell because of the lighting. They may still be able to get most of it out though. I had a really bad (I mean really bad) dent right on the body line (about 1.5 -2 inches long and .5 inches deep). The PDR guy spent over 1.5 hours on the one dent, but was able to pull it out about 95% of the way. The only thing they can't do is make the body line as sharp as it was before, but they try to lift the metal so it looks even. You can't tell the difference visually, but when you run your finger on the body line you can tell the area where the dent was is way less sharp (more rounded).
i wonder if they will go in from the top, where the window is, or have to tap a hole in the bottom :( my guy is still on vacation so i havent gotten it looked at yet.

alazar14

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i wonder if they will go in from the top, where the window is, or have to tap a hole in the bottom :( my guy is still on vacation so i havent gotten it looked at yet.
Based on what my guy told me (I had a ding right on the lower body line), he would have had to make a hole on the inside of the door if I wanted the line to be exactly the same as it was before (hard to explain where). I decided to just leave it looking (almost) like it did before, but not quite. He wasn't going to go in through the window because the dent ways too low on the door and he needed leverage. Apparently they check for those if you ever sell the car to a place like "Carmax" or something. He also warned me never to buy a Subaru if I care about the "thickness" of body panels and quality of the paint. Go figure.

Last edited:

Roy Johnson

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Crew Cab Hot Chili Pepper Red
Occupation
Chef
I added dawn industries body color side body moldings. Absolutely awesome. Plus they covered one little ding I had on the body line in passenger door. They are worth the 135$.

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
I had some dings (From the repair technician) on my Truck that one was on the body line and I found a fantastic PDR guy here that got it out and fixed the dent near the cab corner without drilling. It can be done just find a good PDR guy. He guaranteed my satisfaction or it was free, he does not believe that 95% is good
enough. He is in Thousand Oaks, CA.

IMG_3068.jpeg
IMG_3071.jpeg
IMG_3268.jpeg
IMG_3267.jpeg

Last edited:

Turborave

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Vehicle Showcase
I had some dings (From the repair technician) on my Truck that one was on the body line and I found a fantastic PDR guy here that got it out and fixed the dent near the cab corner without drilling. It can be done just find a good PDR guy. He guaranteed my satisfaction or it was free, he does not believe that 95% is good
enough. He is in Thousand Oaks, CA.

IMG_3068.jpeg
IMG_3071.jpeg
IMG_3268.jpeg
IMG_3267.jpeg
dings from a repair tech? tell me more.. :O

Toytec

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT 302a S/cab 4X4 w/diff lock MG
Occupation
Automotive technician, Retired.
Vehicle Showcase
Above ground lifts parked even with the posts so door swings into it. Padding has fallen off the post for protection against dings.
Don't know how I know this. :sunglasses:

SafetyDan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 V2 - Ranger Lariat, FX4, 501A, Trailer Tow (Lightning Blue), V1- Lariat, FX4, 500A, Trailer Tow (Ingot Silver) <Epic Fail - Lemon>
Vehicle Showcase
dings from a repair tech? tell me more.. :O
Took it to the shop, with no dents, got it back with these dents. Dealership and Shop supervisor took ownership and did take care of me.
Sponsored

Last edited: