First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger XLT FX2
Occupation
Student
Must be the blue. Hehe. I dont have any chips. Hell not even in the bed after numerous firewood hauls.

my last truck's bed was far worse as far as chips go. I've been impressed with the durability of the paint on mine.
Well the good part is, once i get the bed sprayed, it will be scuffed already!! The hood and front just get sand blasted on the expressway. Dealer did give me a one year warranty on the paint. I raised an eybrow when i was told this. Now i know why. Glad to hear your pickup is holding up. Especially with wood!! Still the best midsize out there!! Ford F$+&*#? Ranger!!
Sponsored

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Lookin in my bed yesterday and the scratches were all over the place. Massive amounts of them too! :angry: I'm scratching my head wondering where they all came from. I let it go because for the life of me couldn't figure it out. Then later on it dawned on me. Open bed and a New England snow storm. You drive around and eventually it sloshes back and forth in the bed. At some point it packs pretty hard and you got to drop the turd. Well that's what scratched the hell out of my bed! It's ok though, less prep work for bed spray liner and then the MX4 top.
Those are both in my future too. Just sliding in some cardboard boxes was enough to get down past the gray into the primer.

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
Well I'm a little upset. not a dingy but scuffed a wheel on a rock at an offroad park yesterday. Made me a little sick when I cleaned it up. But the fun I had was a pretty good trade off. Did manage to keep from scratching the body. Shew wee
20210425_102718.jpg

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Well I'm a little upset. not a dingy but scuffed a wheel on a rock at an offroad park yesterday. Made me a little sick when I cleaned it up. But the fun I had was a pretty good trade off. Did manage to keep from scratching the body. Shew wee
20210425_102718.jpg
I'll take a wheel scar anyway before a body scar. I've got a few like that and the first one does hurt. While we were in UT last fall I came off an off camber corner over a rock and heard a loud scrape and then a thud. o_O My gf looked at me and thought something nasty happened. All I could think of was I crunched the rear qtr behind the tire but luckily it was the skid plate over the tranny. I bent up and it was rubbing against the tranny so it was vibrating through the floor. It sounded so much worse! lol

Last edited:

TN Ranger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Electricain
I'll take a wheel scar anyway before a body scar. I've got a few like that and the first one does hurt. While we were in UT last fall I came off an off camber corner over a rock and heard a load scrape and then a thud. o_O My gf looked at me and thought something nasty happened. All I could think of was I crunched the rear qtr behind the tire but luckily it was the skid plate over the tranny. I bent up and it was rubbing against the tranny so it was vibrating through the floor. It sounded so much worse! lol
I drug my reciever a couple times. Got out check truck each time. Remember the move"Without a paddle" I felt like the guy white water rafting. "I'm in over my head" hahaha

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
My truck has 700 miles on it. Ceramic coated and garage kept.

Looked at the hood yesterday, and there are two very fine dings on the front of the hood where the closing mechanism is under the metal. Makes me kind of curious if this is a widespread issue, but I haven't seen any others to verify.

At least make me feel better, lol.
I got one from a flying bolt around 2000 miles...nothing else since...I need to get some painless dent repair done so I can touch up the paint...

1mLPqdh (1).jpg

arbjosh

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Fx4
Occupation
Arborist
I've had my 2021 for 2 months and have about 6-7 1-2mm rock chips from driving on the highway. I know others say its just a truck but I've never had anything new and to be honest, I'm not happy about it. They're on the front passenger qtr panel and the driver side rear door where that body line is. Luckily, I have the side steps so I'm sure that has deflected a lot of potential damage but still, at this rate I'm guessing I'll have about 20 chips by the end of the year and 100 in 5 years. I think Ford did an excellent job in choosing the colors for our trucks but I swear its so damn thin. I know its not covered under warranty but I almost feel like emailing Ford to see what they can do. Besides the quirky Android Auto problems I have, this is my only concern about the truck.

To any paint/detail aficionados, can clear coat be reapplied the factory has done their jobs? If so, I'd pay to have a couple coats of clear added if that would do the trick.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Made a little trip to Tennessee to meet up with some friends last week. Got my first road booger on the left front facia. Oh well, at least I've got that out of the way as I'm sure there's more to come.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Made a little trip to Tennessee to meet up with some friends last week. Got my first road booger on the left front facia. Oh well, at least I've got that out of the way as I'm sure there's more to come.
The first ones always the hardest. Kind of like the first born leaving the house but soon enough you forget all about it. Or in some cases you're glad. lol ?

CJ74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX
I don't consider driving to wm and getting dings using my truck, now loading up the bed or towing yea.

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
Had my truck for three weeks and hit a turkey on my way home from work. 2" crease in the leading edge of the hood. My cousin owns a used car lot and gave me the number of his paintless dent removal guy. Turkeys do not fly very high or fast.
How did that work out? I've been told that you can't do paintless with aluminum hood.
Sponsored