First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I've tried everything from microfiber towels to newspaper to plain old paper towels and while I've got it 80%-90% streak free I still have some streaks throughout the windshield. I found this video and finally found something that worked,no more streaks! For the glass cleaner I use Stoner Invisible Glass (bought at Walmart for under $4.00 and it's tint safe) and a Mr Clean Magic Eraser. Works great on bathroom mirrors too.

Sponsored

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Chris is a hell of a detailer, dude has a bunch of useful tricks on his YouTube page

Ranger8729

First Name
Ashley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Ranger & 2019 Ranger
I use a 50/50 mix of isopropyl and hot water, and soak a magic eraser with that to clean the windshield. Wipe with a fresh microfiber and it's so clear my wife has poked it to make sure it's there lol. I also second Invisible Glass, been using it for years and it has great results. I'm a stickler for a clean windshield, and this combo has worked perfectly.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Chris is a hell of a detailer, dude has a bunch of useful tricks on his YouTube page
You're right he has some great detailing tricks and useful videos. You always think your windshield looks good until you take it out at night and see those streaks are still there. lol

I use a 50/50 mix of isopropyl and hot water, and soak a magic eraser with that to clean the windshield. Wipe with a fresh microfiber and it's so clear my wife has poked it to make sure it's there lol. I also second Invisible Glass, been using it for years and it has great results. I'm a stickler for a clean windshield, and this combo has worked perfectly.
That's a good idea using both the isopropyl alcohol and the magic eraser! Mine came clean with just the magic eraser but I will try both when I do my girlfriends windshield. She never cleans it and I'm sure it's going to be way dirtier than mine.

Roofhopper

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
HVAC Service Manager
Vehicle Showcase
This is one of the reasons I do full tint on all my windshields, it’s sooo much easier to keep clean

svache

First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat SuperCrew Saber, 2012 BMW 328i
Vehicle Showcase
I've tried everything from microfiber towels to newspaper to plain old paper towels and while I've got it 80%-90% streak free I still have some streaks throughout the windshield. I found this video and finally found something that worked,no more streaks! For the glass cleaner I use Stoner Invisible Glass (bought at Walmart for under $4.00 and it's tint safe) and a Mr Clean Magic Eraser. Works great on bathroom mirrors too.

This is kind of hilarious. I was wondering for a while what to use for the inside of my windshield. Even looked on these forums for something people suggested this past Saturday. I didn't see anything specific but went to Walmart and purchased the exact same product :crackup:

MasiJC

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SuperCrew Lariat Sport - Magnetic
Great video! Totally worth watching.
I have been cleaning my windows sooo wrong all this time!

Can't wait to try it this next time I clean the Ranger!

kieefer

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 2WD SuperCab - 97 BMW M3
Occupation
Retired
Good tips here.

Im also a bit anal about clean glass and found Sprayaway cleaner and Scott shop towels satisfy me. Both from Walmart.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Ya'll be very careful using Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It's very abrasive... and the chemicals are very harsh. No way I'd use it on my new Ranger.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I was wondering that myself.

I found this:

Screenshot_20191104-211917.png
Yup,they key is to lightly rub and soak it in water. Not much different than claying your vehicle. Some will swear it scratches the finish but if done right with plenty of lube you're just lightly touching the finish. The alcohol will work just as good if not better as you're just trying to get that oily film off before your final cleaning.

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just wanted to add that using a magic eraser or a clay bar on your windshield (or any window/glass) will not scratch it as long as it lubed. There are tons of articles that recommend using one for shower glass to get rid of stop scum. Most detailers recommend using a clay bar on the outside of the windshield to get rid of all the road contaminants and a magic eraser pre-soaked in water for the inside. :)

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Just wanted to add that using a magic eraser or a clay bar on your windshield (or any window/glass) will not scratch it as long as it lubed.
That's the thing about the internet.. Opinions Vary and if you look long enough you will find a story that backs your play....:

"The "magic erasers" basically take off a layer of glass from the surface of your windshield. You will wind up with scratches on your windshield from using them for a prolonged period of time."

motorex.net/magic-eraser-on-windshield/

OP
OP
AzScorpion

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
That's the thing about the internet.. Opinions Vary and if you look long enough you will find a story that backs your play....:

"The "magic erasers" basically take off a layer of glass from the surface of your windshield. You will wind up with scratches on your windshield from using them for a prolonged period of time."

motorex.net/magic-eraser-on-windshield/
Well technically you can find this for just about anything out there lol

If you have a general understanding about abrasives and how they work you can safely use them. Would you say that wet sanding a cars finish is bad? Surely a piece of sand paper will do more damage than a magic eraser? Some say claying is bad and will scratch your finish. I just did my whole truck and it's smooth as glass. Why,because I used almost one whole bottle of speed detailer as my lube.:)

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Well technically you can find this for just about anything out there lol

If you have a general understanding about abrasives and how they work you can safely use them. Would you say that wet sanding a cars finish is bad? Surely a piece of sand paper will do more damage than a magic eraser? Some say claying is bad and will scratch your finish. I just did my whole truck and it's smooth as glass. Why,because I used almost one whole bottle of speed detailer as my lube.:)
Your getting way off topic here. My point is about Mr. Clean Magic Erasers.

I'm curious... have you ever used a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser? We've used them for years around the house... they have some wicked chemicals in them and their abrasiveness is inversely proportional to how wet they are.

If you are using them to remove marks off of painted surfaces, like a wall in your home, they will easily sand the paint right off the walls. And if you get the Magic Eraser to wet, when you push on it it's like a sponge, and the liquid drips out and has the potential to stain whatever it gets on.

Just a tad bit different than a clay bar.
Sponsored