How long is your dipstick ?

Metalshift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
Here are some pictures of mine. This might help as a starting point to those monitoring their oil levels/volumes
properly as well as Fords quality control in manufacture of this part.

The Fuel in Oil thread is getting long winded, full of misinformation and probably doing a disservice to all us owners and Ford sales. I have yet too see one post showing 7 quarts or more being drained, measured and photographed/certified. This would show a 12% volume of fuel. The dipstick is only as good as the dipstick operating it. Read my other posts in this thread to learn proper techniques for owning this engine and how it actually functions. Boosted engines need vacuum time and the more the better. Ps- turn off your ASS.

dipstick 1.PNG
dipstick 2.PNG
dipstick 3.PNG
Sponsored

OP
OP
Metalshift

Metalshift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
not sure that those attachments are, but they are not viewable.

Curious, would all dipsticks for the Ranger be the same length?
Fixed and the dipsticks should register the same volume of oil in the same markings. Remember that adding a level kit changes the 6.2 quart full mark.

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
It depends on if I have recently been swimming or not. ?

Edit: I didn't mean to detract from the original post. I just could not resist making the joke. :)

Last edited:

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
OP
OP
Metalshift

Metalshift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT
Turbo charging an engine creates a pressurized intake system eliminating all intake manifold vacuum. This creates almost zero removal of crankcase fumes. A normally aspirated engine is almost always turning over the air inside the crankcase where as the turbo engine is only doing this when there is no boost. The more of a heavy foot - the less the engine removes.
This is why letting the engine idle down after a long drive under load is very important.
Proper warm up and idle time is this engines best friend.

Turbotom1052

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Screw
Occupation
Retired
long enough to tickle her tonsils

Augie81

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
Turbo charging an engine creates a pressurized intake system eliminating all intake manifold vacuum. This creates almost zero removal of crankcase fumes. A normally aspirated engine is almost always turning over the air inside the crankcase where as the turbo engine is only doing this when there is no boost. The more of a heavy foot - the less the engine removes.
This is why letting the engine idle down after a long drive under load is very important.
Hi I know I made a silly joke in this thread and sorry for that. I like to joke around a lot. But this caught my eye when you mentioned the crankcase. I recently got a check engine light that referenced crankcase ventilation via my Ford Pass app. "The engine control system has detected the crankcase ventilation hose sensor is reporting a signal outside of its expected value."

So I'm curious what you think.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Curious what your background is?

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
My curiosity lies with the change in fluid levels after a lift. I had never thought of that, and I really hope my dealer is if this is something that changes the level indication by any great amount.
Last thing I want to do is hurt this engine unintentionally.