I got hit... how long will it take to get parts?

Cpt stoney

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger fx4
a transit van decided he needed to be in my lane even though i was occupying the space he needed to merge safely?

how long is it going to take for the body shop to get parts? are bumpers and facias in stock from ford?

B8240FD0-0C90-43B2-8187-0BC99A7375BB.jpeg

69C059E2-F9EE-4505-9E6F-41B4B62AEC9A.jpeg
Sponsored

Hounddog409

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Vehicle Showcase
a transit van decided he needed to be in my lane even though i was occupying the space he needed to merge safely?

how long is it going to take for the body shop to get parts? are bumpers and facias in stock from ford?

That sucks.....hopefully that van is insured.

Grandaccess

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Computer Consultant

at 13k miles I blew a lower radiator hose and called local dealership, I was just going to buy it and change it my self its simple stupid I didnt want it in the shop for a week, the parts Department was being strange on the phone and then came back and said he couldnt get one, wasnt in his system and had no idea when he could get one! WTF its got to be a common hose right!
Thinking he was trying to get me in so the dealership could bend me over I said if I bring it in how long till I get it back, he said it will sit here because I cant even order the part, its not even a back order item, so I spent a day looking at after market Ford performance sites and found one in VA and is wasnt even in stock so I had to wait a week for it to get here, it cost $175 ! well Damn last time I bought one it was only like $15 I dont care about 7 layer with carbon fiber I want a hose that holds water LOL anyway its probably going to be good for the life of the truck :)
I hope for your sake bumpers are different!

RedDakooter05

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger STX RWD
Getting any parts from ford is a hassle.

Although mosr bodysbops can secure very good oem like aftermarket bumpers that are usually more reqdily available.

Capa certified stuff usually is nearly identical to oem.

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
at 13k miles I blew a lower radiator hose and called local dealership, I was just going to buy it and change it my self its simple stupid I didnt want it in the shop for a week, the parts Department was being strange on the phone and then came back and said he couldnt get one, wasnt in his system and had no idea when he could get one! WTF its got to be a common hose right!
Thinking he was trying to get me in so the dealership could bend me over I said if I bring it in how long till I get it back, he said it will sit here because I cant even order the part, its not even a back order item, so I spent a day looking at after market Ford performance sites and found one in VA and is wasnt even in stock so I had to wait a week for it to get here, it cost $175 ! well Damn last time I bought one it was only like $15 I dont care about 7 layer with carbon fiber I want a hose that holds water LOL anyway its probably going to be good for the life of the truck :)
I hope for your sake bumpers are different!
I hope for his sake, he’s not still waiting. :wink: