Hood alignment

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
I searched the forum for "hood alignment" but nothing really came up but if it's been discussed, I apologize for asking here.

When eye balling my hood, I kinda thought the hood has a gap left and right sides where it overhangs just a tad. Didn't really bother me though, still doesn't, thought maybe I was being a tad critical. I work with my brother (we have a company manufacturing aluminum truck caps) so lots of new trucks in and out. I park my truck out front at work and my brother just came in and commented, "Did you ever notice the hood on your truck? Doesn't look like it fits right, looks like they made the hood too big." Has anyone else noticed that about their truck? Like I said, doesn't bother me to where I'd ever even ask the Ford service department about it, just curious.
Sponsored

raytwntrvlr

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL
Occupation
retired
Mine seems to overlap the fender by a small, but noticeable, amount on the passenger side. looks fine on the driver's side. Not worth taking back to have some service dept newbie really mess it up.

pbethel

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2016 Ford t250 Transit
Occupation
retired
Old guys remember when trucks were about what they could do and not how they looked.
But they were a lot cheaper then.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Many of us had the hood overhang fenders issue. They all come from the factory like that. Our fix is to loosen the bolts along the hood line. Have someone pull out on fender so you’re at the extreme of travel and then reseat the fasteners. Both sides and you get the two flush to each other or just a tad of overhang.
9CA03781-955C-438B-9949-2FD85AA03016.jpeg

OP
OP
paval3

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many of us had the hood overhang fenders issue. They all come from the factory like that. Our fix is to loosen the bolts along the hood line. Have someone pull out on fender so you’re at the extreme of travel and then reseat the fasteners. Both sides and you get the two flush to each other or just a tad of overhang.
9CA03781-955C-438B-9949-2FD85AA03016.jpeg
Probably not some thing I'm going to try myself, but will pop the hood to see what the "fasteners" are of which you speak.

OP
OP
paval3

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Since you mentioned "our fix", I figured there must be a thread on it and I missed it.

Found the thread:

Hood Alignment

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Since you mentioned "our fix", I figured there must be a thread on it and I missed it.

Found the thread:

Hood Alignment
Great detective work! I will say that after the adjustment you can clearly see the paint mask from where the original fasten points were to where they are now! 3/8 to 1/2 an inch difference ?

OP
OP
paval3

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great detective work! I will say that after the adjustment you can clearly see the paint mask from where the original fasten points were to where they are now! 3/8 to 1/2 an inch difference ?
I think I searched for "hood over hang" and that's why I didn't find it first search go around.

RangerTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I searched the forum for "hood alignment" but nothing really came up but if it's been discussed, I apologize for asking here.

When eye balling my hood, I kinda thought the hood has a gap left and right sides where it overhangs just a tad. Didn't really bother me though, still doesn't, thought maybe I was being a tad critical. I work with my brother (we have a company manufacturing aluminum truck caps) so lots of new trucks in and out. I park my truck out front at work and my brother just came in and commented, "Did you ever notice the hood on your truck? Doesn't look like it fits right, looks like they made the hood too big." Has anyone else noticed that about their truck? Like I said, doesn't bother me to where I'd ever even ask the Ford service department about it, just curious.
Both of mine are the same way. Its hard to notice on the black Ranger. On my wifes cactus grey, it sticks out like sore thumb.

deleriumtremor

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Occupation
Retired

Mine does at times. I will see it in different light when looking at one side and it will appear to be a little to a lot on that side. Then go out in the garage the next day and check it out and it looks perfectly aligned. I quit doing the check, recheck routine after maybe 6-7 times.

I just love my truck... :)

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
F*&k!!!!!!! Another thing I have to run down stairs and look for. Thanks a bunch!

OP
OP
paval3

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mine looked off on the driver side.

Told the dealer.

Now it’s off on the passenger side.

I gave up
I know what you mean, now that my brother mentioned it, I keep looking at the hood every time I walk by the truck. I do believe my passenger side looks more flush than the driver's side. I now see the front of the hood on the driver's side sits a little lower. I'm going to twist that little hood bumper and see if it improves.
Sponsored