First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Xlt Sport 4x4
Occupation
Store Mgr
I don't like the idea of taping stuff to my pickup. That could be a completely unfounded concern, but given the choice between tape or not I chose not. I think it looks good and is very secure.
Cool so what's the model number of yours please...so I get the correct 1..thks
Sponsored

jthompson48

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Military

CollieDog

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Civil Construction Estimator

CHS

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(Ruby) 2021 Ford Ranger Lariat 4X4
Occupation
retired
My commute to the office is about 90% interstate and I noticed the leading edge of the hood was starting to get a lot more stone/rock chips than I was really comfortable with. Like you I wanted something low-profile. I went with the AVS Aeroskin II (amazon ~$85). It used a healthy amount of 3M tape and these arent designed to be removed. Im pretty sure the Weathertech is installed the same way with 3M tape. AVS & Weathertech are two of the best brands available on the market today.

8F48FE96-265A-4847-833A-D521C5438B0D.jpeg
That's the one I have. Love it. I also noticed that it looks like you either did not read the directions (like me) or like me, just mounted it at the bottom edge of the hood. For some reason your supposed to mount it about a 1/4 inch above the bottom edge of the hood. Oh well, I like it better not seeing the edge either.
I did have one issue of the 3M tape not sticking in two small places. Took a heat gun and softened the plastic, then pressed it tight. All good now.

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
I have the AVS bugflector 2. I also liked the fact that it has actual mounting hardware, not just tape. The video by @quangdog is very informative.

OP
OP
Ranger3

Ranger3

First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Store Mgr
I have the AVS bugflector 2. I also liked the fact that it has actual mounting hardware, not just tape. The video by @quangdog is very informative.
Is it flush with the hood??? Or is it raised? Which model number is it? None of the descriptions for the AVS say it comes with mounting hardware just says sticky tape

jthompson48

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Military
Is it flush with the hood??? Or is it raised? Which model number is it? None of the descriptions for the AVS say it comes with mounting hardware just says sticky tape
Here is an install video of the 25954 that I linked to:

OP
OP
Ranger3

Ranger3

First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Store Mgr
I have the AVS, it uses the rivets that hold the weather stripping under the hood. No tape, doesn't require any drilling, and does not touch the actual exterior paint. Only thing it it is difficult to really clean behind it, but it is possible.

PXL_20210509_200833798.jpg
Can u show me what it looks like from the windshield Down to the deflector? Is it flush or stick up? Thks for all ur help? Maybe a couple diff views?

CollieDog

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Can u show me what it looks like from the windshield Down to the deflector? Is it flush or stick up? Thks for all ur help? Maybe a couple diff views?
The only thing you see is between the valley between the two hood bulges. I do have a 2" lift from my Bilstein shocks, not sure if that makes any change or not. But from inside it is not very noticeable.

PXL_20210518_123059764.jpg

PXL_20210518_123118907.jpg

CollieDog

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
It uses the existing pop rivets that hold the weatherstrip to the bottom of the hood. There are 16 total, 8 are used to attach the deflector, the other 8 are left as they are. The shield mounting flanges slide under the weather stripping and then reattach the pop rivets.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
I have this version that I purchased from Ford (Aeroskin II matte black) so it does not have the AVS logo. Never used with all paperwork, instructions, etc... Make me an offer.
1621341394031.png

OP
OP
Ranger3

Ranger3

First Name
Dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Store Mgr
I have this version that I purchased from Ford (Aeroskin II matte black) so it does not have the AVS logo. Never used with all paperwork, instructions, etc... Make me an offer.
1621341394031.png
Is this the 3m version or does it come with hardware? Thks