First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
As you probably know from my name, I'm a woman. I'm over 60 and small... is the adjustment something I can do myself or do I need a second set of hands and maybe someone with more strength. I have RA in my hands & wrists so I'm limited in doing some things requiring hand strength. Do I have to be able to pull the fender out with one hand while tightening the bolt with the other hand??
Hi Val, it really should be a 2 person job now that you have shared that. It does require some effort with 2 hands to pull them out even with all the top fasteners cracked. If you can reseat the flange nuts while somebody else pulls them out that will make it effortless for you!
Sponsored

OP
OP
paval3

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
It is not a "hood over hang" , its a hang over hood. As far as what people call auto parts. I have heard lots of different names called out. :surprised:Different locals have their own names, also.

Well since I was talking about the state of the hood, it would be the hood over hang.

AzureRanger

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Jeep TJ
Occupation
Retired
I didn't see anyone mention this, but to get mine to align properly at the windshield end, I had to elongate the hole in the fender flange. Otherwise it was hitting the bolt before it could be pulled far enough to eliminate the overhang. Pretty scary (and disappointing) to have to use a Dremel on a truck with ~500 miles on it!

Edit: I saw in some other threads on this topic that I'm not the only one who has had to Dremel one or more of the holes to get proper alignment.
Sponsored

Last edited: