underwhelmed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger SC XLT FX4, 1998 Jeep Cherokee XJ
Occupation
Retired Military
Vehicle Showcase
I always thought they were built in Texas.
Moved production to Mexico for this new model. Saving a lot of labor cost per vehicle and they sell a crap ton of them.

Devil6

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I take it you have never been to the mountains?plenty of people will tow at capacity here where you easily drive at elevations varying from 7,000-11,000 FT. As for the WDH I know it helps with load distribution and I would have no problems putting stuff in the bed and passengers in the truck. Some say that would be overloaded. I say it will do just fine as long as you are being smart with the driving while towing.
I’ve been thinking about your “never been to the mountains” comment. From my time in Colorado, I understand that everybody who lives there thinks that they are the only people with mountains. The fact is that only a part of your state has mountains, the other part does not. Also, being careless doesn’t give you license to say that it’s okay to do just because.

In my case I grew up in a similar longitude to you at a medium high altitude. The mountains were right there. In addition, many places in New Mexico, for example, equal or exceed the “mile high” motto.

Colorado typically has roads that are only 7% whereas where I currently live streets can average 11-14%. The streets leading to my house are 12%, 10%, and 8%. The street in front of my house is 5%. If you go up these inclines you have to come down them, always fun with snow. Colorado does have length though with those roads running up to 7-10 miles with my longest one being 4 miles.

People in Colorado aren’t the only ones with hills and snow, just long hills.

Frenchy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger, 2019 cargo van, soon to be 1993
Occupation
Crown Forklift Technician
I’ve been thinking about your “never been to the mountains” comment. From my time in Colorado, I understand that everybody who lives there thinks that they are the only people with mountains. The fact is that only a part of your state has mountains, the other part does not. Also, being careless doesn’t give you license to say that it’s okay to do just because.

In my case I grew up in a similar longitude to you at a medium high altitude. The mountains were right there. In addition, many places in New Mexico, for example, equal or exceed the “mile high” motto.

Colorado typically has roads that are only 7% whereas where I currently live streets can average 11-14%. The streets leading to my house are 12%, 10%, and 8%. If you go up these inclines you have to come down them, always fun with snow. Colorado does have length though with those roads running up to 7-10 miles with my longest one being 4 miles.

People in Colorado aren’t the only ones with hills and snow, just long hills.
You are not wrong about only part of Colorado not having mountains. You are also correct about how Colorado isn't the only place with Mountains.

Since you decided to bring it up we might as well go on the subject of "Various Weather Conditions". In a short simple statement it is always best to drive to the conditions regardless of what you are driving and where you are driving. Depending on said conditions it may be in ones best interest to just stay put. If they don't then it may get real bad that it becomes a horrifying event.
Sponsored