Global multi leaf rear spring, anybody know spring design?

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
OP
OP
Fitzmotor

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
I did continue the axle shim on the left, I'm within 1/4" depending on fuel load, mine also came with only a couple of bushings.

And I actually screwed up, I have two + springs, I measured them on the floor, one was almost 1/8" higher, I was going to put it on the drivers side, got done with the job and realized it was on the pass side, all I could do was laugh.

This is a email from the UK seller about the model they are from, this was right after I got them and asked him about the shipping;

New message from: uk_car_parts_direct (18,181
stars-11.gif
)
I know its crazy ebay will transport these types of parts without issue. Glad you have got them safely. We have 40 sets + in stock. All from 2020/2021 ranger wildtrack - Removed when the trucks are brand new / delivery mileage as they are having airbag suspension kits installed, thats how we are buying them :)

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
Here's some insight from OME regarding the +/-:

All leaf springs will be labeled with either a “+”, “0”, or “-“ which signifies a tolerance of up to 3mm. “0” is exact, “+” is slightly above up to 3mm, “-“ is slightly below up to 3mm.

wilsoN_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor 2022 Kawasaki ZX-14R
Occupation
Logistics
I installed mine Friday evening, they're are tremendously better. Similar to my brother's stock tremor, I have custom tuned 2.5" Fox DSC coilovers and rear piggy backs. I ordered metric U-bolts originally for a Toyota and they worked like a dream and kept use of flange nuts and being metric they were $42 shipped. I'm running OEM 2nd gen Raptor rear bump stops, they're the perfect height and the bump stop touches just before the rear shock runs out of travel.

U-bolts: https://www.4wheelparts.com/s/_/?Ntt=#+LROLR-UB216MMKTACO&_requestid=48288

Bump Stop: https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/suspension/chassis-parts/bumper-6439505-

123.1.jpg
123.2.jpg
123.3.jpg
123.4.jpg
123.5.jpg
123.6.jpg

123.jpg

Cmar

First Name
Cam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger PX
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=JB3C-5560-TC

googling the part number JB3C-5560-TC looks like it came from the older transit? anybody look into US transit springs for when this supply runs out?

I want stiffer more solid back end and this seems the way to go but funds at the moment...
Don't worry it won't run out, there are heaps of new and near new sets available here for cheap because people buy a new truck and install an ARB (Old Man Emu) or similar 2" lift kit either the minute they drive the truck off the dealers lot, or sometimes even before. ( most dealers are happy to install ARB stuff for you = more margin for them)

wilsoN_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Logistics
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=JB3C-5560-TC

googling the part number JB3C-5560-TC looks like it came from the older transit? anybody look into US transit springs for when this supply runs out?

I want stiffer more solid back end and this seems the way to go but funds at the moment...
These are not stiffer, they’re softer and more progressive without losing capacity. They also have more wheel travel… I’m not sure why you’d want stiffer springs than oem on a midsize pickup. The oem rode nearly identical to a 3500 SRW diesel… stiff and jarring.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
These are not stiffer, they’re softer and more progressive without losing capacity. They also have more wheel travel… I’m not sure why you’d want stiffer springs than oem on a midsize pickup. The oem rode nearly identical to a 3500 SRW diesel… stiff and jarring.
my ass end bounces around like democrat presidential hopefuls and I have permanent 500 pounds extra in the back

wilsoN_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Logistics
my ass end bounces around like democrat presidential hopefuls and I have permanent 500 pounds extra in the back
These are not the springs for you then, if you have 500lbs of continuous weight I'd look at other options.

Pinepig

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last count was 12
Occupation
lol
If it's bouncing all over the place the springs are not your issue as much as the lack of control by the factory shocks. Pretty much any of the good shocks in the rear will solve your issue.

Robik

First Name
Andriy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Network technician
I'm torn between this pack and something like OME or Icon. I'm using my truck for work, daily, leisure etc. Currently have ARE topper and bedslide and most of the time it's loaded with tools, so constantly 500-600 pounds.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
I'm torn between this pack and something like OME or Icon. I'm using my truck for work, daily, leisure etc. Currently have ARE topper and bedslide and most of the time it's loaded with tools, so constantly 500-600 pounds.
These leafs + add a leaf are still cheaper than even the OME springs. Made sense to me to at least try these for the price.

YMMV.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
These leafs + add a leaf are still cheaper than even the OME springs. Made sense to me to at least try these for the price.

YMMV.
I'd agree here. With the addition of a suggestion towards the Icon if you go aftermarket. The flexibility in setups they offer make them unmatched at their price point.

OP
OP
Fitzmotor

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
Last edited:

gryder

First Name
Garrett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Fx4
Hey wilsoN_ I am unable to get this link to work, whats that 2nd gen Raptor bump stop number? I could use a couple of those, thanks!
I was just about to ask about this. I found this part, Ford HL3Z-4730-A. Is this the correct part number. Also is there any other parts besides the bumps, like bolts or bump stop holder.
Sponsored