Global multi leaf rear spring, anybody know spring design?

2021Ranger

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
oh yea. big time.
cool how hard is it to get the door panels off?
on another note where are the global leaf springs sold?
All I see is Icons at a good price at stage 3.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
How are the Ranger's hauling/towing with these "new" Global leaf springs? I do way more hauling then towing.

Just for clarity I will need:
- 2x Global/Wildtrak leaf springs (eBay)
- 4x Tremor U-Bolts
- 2x Tremor or Raptor Bump Stops
- Maybe new bushings?

Other question I like to ask is, any issues with installation; and which bump stops would be recommended the Tremor or Raptor? I'm leaning towards the former as it sounds like our Tremor has similarities to the Wildtrak.
Rough Country sells U bolts that appear equal to Ford's for less.

I don't know if replacement bumpstops are absolutely necessary although I've installed taller 'progressive rate' Sumo springs. Because factory ones are fairly hard I don't know the distinction. I haven't attempted to abuse the rear suspension yet.

Bushings are a marginal upgrade and the front ones seem to be a pain to swap. I don't know if poly in the shackles will introduce noise, oddly one of my springs came with some type of harder material and I used them. Lots of places to get those.

Previous responses have lots of good install info. Keep the axle components oriented the same, don't forget the driver's side spacer (rotate it) get the spring pack pin in place before bolting up the ends. Heavy duty C clamps will make swapping the u bolt mounts much easier.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Phew, ok I just read all 22 pages lol.

I must say I am ecstatic that the Global/Wildtrak Ranger leaf springs are compatible and there is a noticeable, welcomed improvement in our Ranger's ride, handling. I'll have to jump on the band wagon and look into doing this to my Ranger.

How are the Ranger's hauling/towing with these "new" Global leaf springs? I do way more hauling then towing (just recently picked up and hauled a 250 lb commercial washer [100km trip] for my job... I'm the only one who owns a truck lol). They're listed on eBay as used but from what I gather have been in pretty very good to like new condition?

Just for clarity I will need:
- 2x Global/Wildtrak leaf springs (eBay)
- 4x Tremor U-Bolts
- 2x Tremor or Raptor Bump Stops
- Maybe new bushings?

Other question I like to ask is, any issues with installation; and which bump stops would be recommended the Tremor or Raptor? I'm leaning towards the former as it sounds like our Tremor has similarities to the Wildtrak.
From what we found capacity should not be effected as the ROW Rangers are rated slightly higher than ours.

My truck still has just the slightest bit of rake with 250lbs of dogs back there. Almost level though. And that's with 2" of front lift.

They're virtually new. Being sold by an upfitter over there who is swapping them out for bags on commercial builds.

List looks good. But I'd do shocks while I was in there. I went with Raptor bumps but the Tremor part numbers were unknown at the time.

FiestaRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Veterinary Assistant
Appreciate the replies.

My Ranger is a 2020 Lariat FX4 SuperCrew, running 18" tires (factory spec) I am planning on upgrading the suspension to Fox 2.0 Stage 1 kit with BDS upper control arms. The Fox won't be set to a 2" lift as I want to keep the rake but I will likely increase the front by 1/2 to 3/4 inch, if I can find and recreate the global Ranger Wildtrak's ride height, approach/departure/breakover angles numbers that would be big win for my project.

So upgrade the shocks first before the leaf springs.

Given I live in Canada and we salt our roads and with winter anyone think it would be worth it to give these leaf springs some kind of rust proofing?

OP
OP
Fitzmotor

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 75 crewcab F350, 65 Mustang
Occupation
Retired from Honda Racing.
The Tremor bump stops are the same as non-Tremor I believe, you can shorten them really easy, dont even have to take them out of the truck, get one of those long snap razor blades and cut off one or two of the foam bumps, or the Raptor stops, they are going to be better for hard suspension bottoming out, they are rubber not foam.

Wolfman00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 fx4
got mine in. ended up with a 3/4” increase and n height, and that’s not settled yet.
they are smooth. close to the icons i had in regards to comfort.
they take big bumps well with the icon bumps and eibach resi shocks.
update- settled out to 1/2” over stock.

even at 400 bucks, totally worth it.

Last edited:

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
The Tremor bump stops are the same as non-Tremor I believe, you can shorten them really easy, dont even have to take them out of the truck, get one of those long snap razor blades and cut off one or two of the foam bumps, or the Raptor stops, they are going to be better for hard suspension bottoming out, they are rubber not foam.
When you say ' long snap razor blades ' do you have a better description, part # or even picture?
Thanks.

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
When you say ' long snap razor blades ' do you have a better description, part # or even picture?
Thanks.
I am sure he means this type where as you use you will snap off a portion.

images.jpeg.jpg

OP
OP
Fitzmotor

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
That's the one, or any long thin blade, extend it all the way out, the stop is foam, cuts easily.

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
Ahh ok having my springs installed tomm will see if i'm going to need to make the bump stop adjustment.
Thank you both

OP
OP
Fitzmotor

Fitzmotor

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I cut off the first lower round section, drove it for a while, saw it was making pretty good contact with the spring, then I cut off the second one off.

But my truck sits lower than yours will, so you may not need to shorten it much, if at all.

I hope you like them, if you can, report back on what you think of them.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
Been a few weeks almost 500 miles - mostly highway - on mine.

The change in the rear ride is a net positive experience, the only scenario I haven't tested is with a loaded bed or trailer.

Since I went with the SumoSprings at the same time I've been trying to sense what they do and what I haven't experienced is any abrupt changes i.e. thump or loss of control in the rear - no traction control/ABS indicator lights in modest right/left turns under throttle.

The noise, vibration and what I think of as oscillation in the rear is significantly dampened. It feels like a 'bigger' more stable truck back there.

I did re-torque the U bolts a week after install and a little more than 100 miles to be safe and I'll re-check the height in a day or so. Because of the exaggerated Ranger Lean™ I've bought a set of 1/4 inch plates for the front struts with the intent of just using one on the driver's side to minimize the tilt.

The improved rear now makes the front feel like it needs refinement over the simple Eibach adjustable struts with factory springs.

Passenger side before:
IMG_20230529_140232453.jpg

After:
IMG_20230605_154004854.jpg

Driver's (after, still up in the air - note shim is there, reversed)
IMG_20230605_152622868.jpg

This was a good investment in my mind, not as cheap as just swapping the shocks/struts but a compounded improvement. The only additional thing I would have done/spent money on is replacement shackle bushings. One of the Euro springs had them that appeared to be harder plastic than the rubber ones on the originals and the other replacement and I went ahead and used them. I frankly don't know if I'll ever detect or hear a difference but it would have been an easy swap to go polyurethane in the rear in the factory shackle.

If I get a wild hair and feel like spending $$ and time maybe in the future.

Last edited:

Muffin1

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Silver STX 4X4 SC
I picked up the truck this evening, immediately noticed it was sitting a bit higher, drove some local streets over the speed bumps and a RR crossing there is less of the stiff or harsh feed back inside the cab.
And then hit the highway, while it was a short run i was able to hold 70 mph over the varying road surfaces it was definitely more stable, felt planted better over the expansion gaps and the (i call it left right or side to side motion or bobble you feel) from the rear 'kicking' up was no longer present (best way i can describe it in words)

The drivers side is still is lower (3/4'') than the pass side so what ever is causing that lean it's apparently nothing to do with the springs. I measured from the center cap up to the underside of the lip mldg. (empty bed & same fuel as before the spring swap out and drivers side factory shim was left in place).
And you can see it in the pics attached from top of tire in relation to how much of the frame rail you can see.
As for sitting higher i need to find the note pad i used to write down the original height measurements to compare to what it is now, (i'm not complaining about the height i think it looks great). I will give another update when i go on a longer trip at the end of the week.
So overall i would say this is a positive change as for the ride quality, just wish this would have fixed the lean issue too, but oh well.

drivers side.jpg

pass side.jpg

back.jpg

side view1.jpg

side2.jpg

Wolfman00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 fx4
my springs are done and in. overall settled height over stock is 1/2”-5/8” depending on tank level.
they are soft. i get alittle bit of body movement/boatiness, but i also have linear shocks so some of that’s expected. bridge expansion joints, and other square edge hits are more dulled out. speed bumps are smoother.
they feel similar to my icons.
obviously big hits feel better with icons but that’s what those are designed for.
i used tacoma ubolts (8.5”) from low range offroad. they came with oem toyota flange nuts. 39 bucks too for nice hardware. i gotta trim them but not top of my list.
i am also using icon bumps.

edit-
one thing i’m curious about is under full flex if these make contact with that plate behind the shackle. these seem alittle longer.
if anyone has a shot of it that would be cool.
IMG_1198.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: