Global multi leaf rear spring, anybody know spring design?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
Not counting the 300lbs of sand for ride comfort, don't haul much stuff. Typical grocery getter.

Less lift the better, but 3/4" I guess would be my max. It's a 2WD so it won't be seeing any extreme offroad action.
¾" is max I've seen reported. Most are around ½".

Best value in a rear spring upgrade around in my opinion.
Sponsored

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
cool, that’s what’s coming . prices went up, 433 shipped now.
That's still about half what 2 tremor springs would run an those may not come with bushings

Wolfman00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 fx4
so from what i’m reading through all of the threads- if i ditch the 5th spring/ small overload, i should remain at the same height as my current fx4 springs? or there abouts?

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
so from what i’m reading through all of the threads- if i ditch the 5th spring/ small overload, i should remain at the same height as my current fx4 springs? or there abouts?
I'm not sure which one Fitz expiremented with.

Most of us wanted or were good with the slight lift, I'd PM Fitz for details on lowering from Tremor height and/or maintaining FX-4 height.

Racket

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat Supercrew 2WD
Occupation
Transient
I got a pair from across the pond from the shop supposedly swapping them for airbags on delivery vehicles.

Paid something like $320 US. One has a slight higher arch and I put that on the driver's side because of the Ranger Lean™ but it hasn't seemed to improved things yet.

Another small difference was the one with the slightly lower arch had harder plastic like shackle bushings rather than the rubber ones so I used them. I doubt the difference is going to be measurable.

If you obsess over continuity they would be the easiest and cheapest component to swap out for polyurethane - just keep the factory shackles. I don't know how much flexing goes on at that area of the suspension or how much harder bushings would transmit noise into the frame.

I wasn't interested in bringing back rake to the truck but I didn't feel taking a leaf out was going to be the safest thing either - I don't have a complete understanding of the engineering behind the monoleaf vs the multipack and what was factored into those designs in spite of the simplistic leaf suspension.

I will say the noise from the rear is reduced with the new (to me) springs. It's got me thinking of adding cabin soundproofing again.

Last edited:

Wolfman00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 fx4
I got a pair from across the pond from the shop supposedly swapping them for airbags on delivery vehicles.

Paid something like $320 US. One has a slight higher arch and I put that on the driver's side because of the Ranger Lean™ but it hasn't seemed to improved things yet.

Another small difference was the one with the slightly lower arch had harder plastic like shackle bushings rather than the rubber ones so I used them. I doubt the difference is going to be measurable.

If you obsess over continuity they would be the easiest and cheapest component to swap out for polyurethane - just keep the factory shackles. I don't know how much flexing goes on at that area of the suspension or how much harder bushings would transmit noise into the frame.

I wasn't interested in bringing bake rake to the truck but I didn't feel taking a leaf out was going to be the safest thing either - I don't have a complete understanding of the engineering behind the monoleaf vs the multipack and what was factored into those designs in spite of the simplistic leaf suspension.

I will say the noise from the rear is reduced with the new (to me) springs. It's got me thinking of adding cabin soundproofing again.
i kilmatted my doors inside and out and firewall. cut road noise in half, now i hear the little creeks and shit on the dash it’s so quiet.

FiestaRanger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4
Occupation
Veterinary Assistant
Phew, ok I just read all 22 pages lol.

I must say I am ecstatic that the Global/Wildtrak Ranger leaf springs are compatible and there is a noticeable, welcomed improvement in our Ranger's ride, handling. I'll have to jump on the band wagon and look into doing this to my Ranger.

How are the Ranger's hauling/towing with these "new" Global leaf springs? I do way more hauling then towing (just recently picked up and hauled a 250 lb commercial washer [100km trip] for my job... I'm the only one who owns a truck lol). They're listed on eBay as used but from what I gather have been in pretty very good to like new condition?

Just for clarity I will need:
- 2x Global/Wildtrak leaf springs (eBay)
- 4x Tremor U-Bolts
- 2x Tremor or Raptor Bump Stops
- Maybe new bushings?

Other question I like to ask is, any issues with installation; and which bump stops would be recommended the Tremor or Raptor? I'm leaning towards the former as it sounds like our Tremor has similarities to the Wildtrak.

2021Ranger

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
i kilmatted my doors inside and out and firewall. cut road noise in half, now i hear the little creeks and shit on the dash it’s so quiet.

Did it stop the tin can sound when you close the doors?
Sponsored