Fuel in oil

MotoWojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
How much longer until you can take it back to them again?
I am a little over half way to the 5000 miles they want on this oil change. It will probably be late January or February before I get to that point.
Sponsored

Justlooking

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC 1500 AT4 6.2L
Occupation
Retired
I put the request in with the Ford Customer Rep that I was working with and they said they submitted it and about a week later they told me it was denied. I never got any paperwork. When I look up the WI lemon law it does say:
  • One of the following happened during the vehicle’s first year and before the warranty expired:
    • The dealer failed 4 times to fix the same nonconformity
    • The vehicle was unable to be operated (“out of service”) for 30 days or more due to defects
Am I reading that wrong?
Definitely looks like a weak lemon law! Still worth arbitration arguing that it’s unreasonable to expect 4 oil changes in the first 12 months. Otherwise it sounds like you may become an ex-Ford customer!

I did a little digging and found out that Ford’s warranty costs have become a point of discussion with stock analysts. Currently their warranty is hovering around 4% of sales, double what it was 10 yrs ago and about double the competition’s. I imagine the pressure inside the company to deny warranty is extreme. Good luck and sorry you’re having problems.

Tra1969

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 501A and Tow
Occupation
Senior Manufacturing Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
What would be a long trip? My daily commute is 50 miles round trip and I believe my fuel dilution is worse than most. I am about halfway to the 5000 miles that the Ford wants me to drive on this oil change and the level has been hovering around the top of the twist for a couple weeks now, Last time it was at that level, when the oil was changed, ~7.8qts was drained, so 1.6qts of fuel? On the bright side, the truck pretty much still runs like it did when it was new, although, I am worried for how long? That much fuel dilution must be slowly killing my engine?

I have only seen it go down when my trips were over 90 miles one way. And the two trips I took and seen it, the weather was above 70 deg out. I was doing weekend trip to a local racetrack was 44 miles one way and didn't seem to help but stayed stable. When it first started before the HPFP change it was going up no matter what. Only since the last oil change has it been kinda stable. Got it schedualed for a oil change tomorrow. So I will get to see if it goes back up or stays stable.

jinja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Explorer 2015
Does anyone have a metal oil pan? There's plenty of oil pan heaters that could be an easy test. First one on Amazon I found says it keeps oil at 194 farenheight and takes only 15 minutes to get up to that temperature.

There's also the dipstick style

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
Do most of you guys have Extended warrentee for peace of mind and drive it until I breaks ? I don’t have the oil / problem but would it be worth it to press ford on this? Even at a reduced price?

Doc

First Name
Doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 HPP Mustang, 2021 Ranger STX,2022 Subaru WRX
Occupation
Retired
Do most of you guys have Extended warrentee for peace of mind and drive it until I breaks ? I don’t have the oil / problem but would it be worth it to press ford on this? Even at a reduced price?
Warranty ? No...
Regards
Doc

u wish u could ride

First Name
robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 xlt in blue
Occupation
building maintenance
Warranty ? No...
Regards
Doc
i meant to say if dealer wont help, and owners are affraid of long term .why not ask ford for free extended warranty ?its better than a buyback for them, and at those affected feel a bit better about longer term ownership .if it doesnt blow bye 100k it s good no?

Tra1969

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 501A and Tow
Occupation
Senior Manufacturing Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
Well oil is changed and dealer is still trying to find the solution. Told me to keep a eye on it and let him know if the level increases.and as soon as he finds anything out he will let me know. He has one he has been working on with the same issue but much worst condition. Oil level went up so high it burnt out the converter from all the fuel in the oil. He figures if they find the problem on that one he will know what’s wrong with mine and be able to fix it. Fingers crossed. Hope he figures it out.

Hoosier Daddy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4
Well oil is changed and dealer is still trying to find the solution. Told me to keep a eye on it and let him know if the level increases.and as soon as he finds anything out he will let me know. He has one he has been working on with the same issue but much worst condition. Oil level went up so high it burnt out the converter from all the fuel in the oil. He figures if they find the problem on that one he will know what’s wrong with mine and be able to fix it. Fingers crossed. Hope he figures it out.
Please keep us updated on what you find out.

MotoWojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
i meant to say if dealer wont help, and owners are affraid of long term .why not ask ford for free extended warranty ?its better than a buyback for them, and at those affected feel a bit better about longer term ownership .if it doesnt blow bye 100k it s good no?
Honestly, I would not call 100k a win. If Ford built vehicles, if properly maintained, that could not run well past 100k, they would go out of business. All my F150's went well over that mark before I sold them or traded them in.

Don't get me wrong, a free extended warranty is better than nothing, but in the end Ford needs to fix whatever the problem is, or it is a breach of warranty?

My truck has been in 8 times and counting, 1 HPFP, 2 sets of injectors, all HP fuel lines.....over 4 weeks of a rental vehicle. I am thinking that before this is done, hopefully it will get fixed, that Ford would have been better off replacing the truck?

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
3] Maintenance issues such as dirty air intake or clogged exhaust.
Easy enough to check.

C'mon now, there aren't enough miles on most of these trucks for any required maintenance besides oil changes.
As you said "MOST"
Just exploring the possibilities...
Sometimes miles just don't matter much....
1607131765766.png

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
W H A T !!!
Simply saying that there is more than just miles which can clog an air filter. a desert dust picture night have been even more to the point.

1607206735900.png

Last edited:

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Unreal. Each dealer acts like they are Ford's R&D shop. WTF?

Ford has data on every vehicle, seems like it would be bone numbingly simple to analyze all that data and send out a fix in regard to what has worked with other Rangers to the dealers.
Sponsored