First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat, 2020 Escape
Occupation
Fire truck mechanic
What module do you go into to change the splash screen? How many choices are there?
Sponsored

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I just did a bunch of Forscan mods 20 minutes ago. Awesome. Some might not work however. I enabled the off road gages but they don't show up? I change the splash screen to the Ford Performance! Turned off the fake engine sound and a bunch of other things. Maybe with the Lariat some don't work? I will try it tomorrow to see if all I did really work.
If I recall correctly, in order for the Off-Road Screen to display, you also have to enable selectable drive mode (Terrain Managment), check the WIKI, I remember some confusion on that setting, as there are different screens, and the wording on the WIKI page is a little confusing.

I added the TM switch, so I did all 3 together and found the Power Dist useless, so I restored that one to factory, since I do not have (Trail Managment)

If you did it correctly, the off-road gauge can be found by scrolling down using the Left Steering Wheel switch.

1. Off Road Gauge - Displays the truck and (Tilt Axis)

2. Selectable Drive Mode - Displays Options for Driving Conitions, and is displayed when you press the TM switch on the (2-Wheel dr / 4 Wheel Dr) selector. (Rock, Snow , Mud etc)

3. Power Distribution - Display - This will display individual power to the wheels and is worthless unless you have (Trail Managment), as it just shows a truck and no indication of wheel power.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
If I recall correctly, in order for the Off-Road Screen to display, you also have to enable selectable drive mode (Terrain Managment), check the WIKI, I remember some confusion on that setting, as there are different screens, and the wording on the WIKI page is a little confusing.

I added the TM switch, so I did all 3 together and found the Power Dist useless, so I restored that one to factory, since I do not have (Trail Managment)

If you did it correctly, the off-road gauge can be found by scrolling down using the Left Steering Wheel switch.

1. Off Road Gauge - Displays the truck and (Tilt Axis)

2. Selectable Drive Mode - Displays Options for Driving Conitions, and is displayed when you press the TM switch on the (2-Wheel dr / 4 Wheel Dr) selector. (Rock, Snow , Mud etc)

3. Power Distribution - Display - This will display individual power to the wheels and is worthless unless you have (Trail Managment), as it just shows a truck and no indication of wheel power.
Ok I will check that out. I do have the TM which I added a few months after getting my Ranger. I did want the off road gauge to show the truck and tilt axis. I did enable in Forscan the off road gauges and two other ones associated with the off road gauges? They never did materialize on the main gauge in front of the steering wheel. I will see if I can find the power distribution display also. I don't recall seeing that.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
What module do you go into to change the splash screen? How many choices are there?
the splash screen is in APIM module. There is about 10 different choices. I do like the Ford Performance one as it also has a big cobra on the screen along with Ford Performance lettering.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I was going to turn on the off road gauge an I thought you had to turn it on with the driver menu with the left arrow keys.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I was going to turn on the off road gauge an I thought you had to turn it on with the driver menu with the left arrow keys.
Ok Lang, I did get the off road gauge to work. You do have to enable it in Forscan. There are 4 things to enable it. The gauge is in the driver menu on the left side of my dash on the Lariat.

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
Ok Lang, I did get the off road gauge to work. You do have to enable it in Forscan. There are 4 things to enable it. The gauge is in the driver menu on the left side of my dash on the Lariat.
I may have enabled it an forgotten about it. The only four wheeling I do is across a muddy field or through some snow now an then.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Just played with forscan for the first time. Enabled bambi mode, got rid of the double honk when exiting, disabled fake engine noise and lastly upped the battery charge level to 90%
I couldn't figure out how to up the battery charge level? Could you possibly help me out?

Thanks,

MrBusses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4dr FX4
Occupation
Ford Tech
Question about the Offroad gauges. I have an FX4 with Terrain management my offroad screen only shows roll/pitch steering angle. Are there more options to enable with Forscan ?

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Question about the Offroad gauges. I have an FX4 with Terrain management my offroad screen only shows roll/pitch steering angle. Are there more options to enable with Forscan ?
No, you just need to scroll through the other gauges like you'd do any of the other screens like Trip 1/2 and Fuel Economy. It's not very intuitive at first.

MrBusses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4dr FX4
Occupation
Ford Tech
No, you just need to scroll through the other gauges like you'd do any of the other screens like Trip 1/2 and Fuel Economy. It's not very intuitive at first.
So this is only screen? Can't scroll to anything but this

PXL_20230206_125247994.jpg

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Here are the screens that are available.

Press the TM Button on the 4WD selector and it will cycle through the modes with each press

Terrain.jpg

Use Left Steering wheel switch and scroll down to view this screen.

OffoadGauges(TPS).jpg

This screen is enabled with Forscan (Intelligent 4WD Gauge), I think it only works with Trail Management and or E-Locker, I'm not sure, my non-FX-4 will display this screen but is useless as it's supposed to show indivudual power output to the wheels. But FX-4 should display properly.

Power Distrubution.jpg

I do have a question for you, just a curiosity question, I have an Autel scanner and Forscan but neither will display the actual PID Battery SOC, does IDS display that PID for the Ranger like it does on the F-150?
I am just wandering if the PID is available or just not programed withing the BCM like the F-150 and other platforms are.

MrBusses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4dr FX4
Occupation
Ford Tech
Ok I have the first two screens pictured, I will look into enabling the intelligent 4wd screen.

As for the battery pid i will check fdrs next time I have the truck in
Sponsored