FORScan Modifications

TJC

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Miata, 05 Ranger 4x4, 20 Ranger 4x4, 23 CX-5
Anyone in North Carolina want to help a Newby install terrain management button and program on my 2020 xlt please. Lunch and brews on me...in the Triad area...
I'm in Wake Forest, and that will be quite a drive. I have installed the TM in my XLT. I'd be willing to assist you if can't find someone closer. I don't free up until late Feb.

- T
Sponsored

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
Any of ya'll tweaker tweak on a MY 23 yet?

Can't seem to get Forscan to recognize my truck... Gives the error where it wants me to put the PCM information in.... :-/

Thanks ya'll.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
what error are you getting?
It gave me an unable to identify vehicle error - I can't remember exactly. It says to enter the PCM part number. I read in a thread here, and a mustang forum I could get it out of the as builts. But that didn't work.

I'm using the more expensive of the two recommended adapters, on a windows 7 machine...

(I can read codes using a different ODBII Bluetooth adapter. Reminder, the Bluetooth adapter is not what I'm using to connect to the computer.)

I'd provide links, but they are on the computer and I'm on my phone now... :-/

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
if you can post the exact error you’re getting, that will help. Without it, I don’t know what we’re working against.
1674917385906.png

unable to identify vehicle...

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/getting-forscan-to-read-a-tuned-car.122019/page-2

Using some of the steps here I attempted to input the part number it is looking for.
(downloading as builts, opening them and dissecting them)

thus the ask if anyone has gotten it to work on a '23 yet... Because if no one has, I will need to email the forscan folks and see what they say. according to their website though it could take a while for them to ge back to me... (longer if they have been conscripted :/ )

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
In the past, it required a new version of FORScan to pick up new years. First thing I'd do is make sure you have the absolute most recent version installed. If you do and it still doesn't work, then email the FORScan folks.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
In the past, it required a new version of FORScan to pick up new years. First thing I'd do is make sure you have the absolute most recent version installed. If you do and it still doesn't work, then email the FORScan folks.
Yeah, I removed and reinstalled 3.5 yesterday a few times... Each time going back and clearing all the leftover files hoping there was something left behind from a previous install. Log files, database, reg entries...

Intriguingly it says the 3.5 version has 22 & 23 my vehicles...

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah, I removed and reinstalled 3.5 yesterday a few times... Each time going back and clearing all the leftover files hoping there was something left behind from a previous install. Log files, database, reg entries...

Intriguingly it says the 3.5 version has 22 & 23 my vehicles...
They used to have "beta builds" that had the newer models sometimes but I didn't see that. I remember way back in the "dark ages", when the 2019 was new that we had to get beta builds for a while so it would work. Every year the app lags the MY release a bit, but they eventually catch up.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
I am not a Forscan Guru, and it is still new to me and still learning how to use it.
But I don't remember having to input PCM Part Number, it should read it automatically when it scans the system and loads the trucks profile, now being a MY 23, might be the factor IDK.
I am assuming you are using OBD-Link EX, by your statement.

1. Try updating the Firmware on the adapter: OBD-Link EX

2. I know that when the truck is connected for the first time, it takes a few minutes to load the trucks profile, and I never fully understood if it automatically finds the as-built files I downloaded from the Ford Motorcraft Services or does Forscan download the file itself after it performs the initial scan of the truck, I just remember it did take some time to finally get into being ready to read and tweak.

3. So, on initial first-time scan, it may need WI-FI, I just do not remember for sure.

4. Try, having the truck running with the initial hook-up vs (KOEO) Key On Engine Off, this might help in getting Forscan to read the VIN# and or PCM part number.

5. Although you mention clearing files, did you clear out the old profile and start a new profile?

Just some thoughts to throw out from a novice user.

Jhbryaniv

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ranger Tremor
Vehicle Showcase
I am not a Forscan Guru, and it is still new to me and still learning how to use it.
But I don't remember having to input PCM Part Number, it should read it automatically when it scans the system and loads the trucks profile, now being a MY 23, might be the factor IDK.
I am assuming you are using OBD-Link EX, by your statement.

1. Try updating the Firmware on the adapter: OBD-Link EX

2. I know that when the truck is connected for the first time, it takes a few minutes to load the trucks profile, and I never fully understood if it automatically finds the as-built files I downloaded from the Ford Motorcraft Services or does Forscan download the file itself after it performs the initial scan of the truck, I just remember it did take some time to finally get into being ready to read and tweak.

3. So, on initial first-time scan, it may need WI-FI, I just do not remember for sure.

4. Try, having the truck running with the initial hook-up vs (KOEO) Key On Engine Off, this might help in getting Forscan to read the VIN# and or PCM part number.

5. Although you mention clearing files, did you clear out the old profile and start a new profile?

Just some thoughts to throw out from a novice user.
I will try and update the firmware on the adapter . . .

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081VQVD3F/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yup, per forscans instructions I bought the reccomended adapter.

I tried in all 3 key positions (well 4 really, but I knew off wouldn't work) and the one I got to connect on was truck running.

I ran the app as administrator thinking it was a permissions thing on the laptop. . .

:-/ shrug - I'll send them an email this evening when I get home. . .

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
I just did a bunch of Forscan mods 20 minutes ago. Awesome. Some might not work however. I enabled the off road gages but they don't show up? I change the splash screen to the Ford Performance! Turned off the fake engine sound and a bunch of other things. Maybe with the Lariat some don't work? I will try it tomorrow to see if all I did really work.
Sponsored