First Name
Loren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Iconic Lariat Tremor
Occupation
IT
I cannot detect the "engine sound enhancement" so I will really have to listen for it. However I did a master reset in the dash settings a few times trying to get my Sync to update to Ford and in doing so picked up a "RPM wine" through the speakers that was not there before. Also not to jsck this thread but the master reset kept my radio station selections which I thought it would clear out...

LB

PS - I want the V8 sound they have in the F-150, my loaner sounded pretty badass (inside the cab) LOL
Sponsored

Wings06j

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT
I did a few forscan mods today and I came away with more questions lol. It's one thing to read these threads when you haven't used forscan, quite another one you've used it a bit.

1. There are a lot of options for active noise canceling. All are showing disabled. Do any of those actually work? I have the 2019 XLT.

2. HD radio is showing as disabled. Does enabling that work?

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
I did a few forscan mods today and I came away with more questions lol. It's one thing to read these threads when you haven't used forscan, quite another one you've used it a bit.

1. There are a lot of options for active noise canceling. All are showing disabled. Do any of those actually work? I have the 2019 XLT.

2. HD radio is showing as disabled. Does enabling that work?
ANC I don’t believe existed in 2019, and I’m almost sure not in the xlt.

the hd radio does not work because the hardware is not installed, and it’s almost impossible to acquire inexpensively.

Beez

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat, 2.5 Leveler, MBRP 3" Exhaust
Occupation
Just another incredibly super average dude
Welp, it wasn't pretty fellas, but even a complete computer illiterate buffoon, (such as myself) was actually able to tweak several mods within FORScan to my Ranger. Besides the Bambi mod, BMS increase from 70% to 95% and several others, I really liked the other Splash Screen options better than the original version. Although the Aviator and Navigator screens are much better, they both got edged out by the Bronco animation selection. I only wished there was some sort of option to change the completely bland and thoroughly uninspiring Radio Screen that we now have since the latest SYNC update.. Oh? You don't like Blue? How bout MORE BLUE?.. I mean, (IMHO) even my wife's sissified CRV has a much more appealing look to its radio than the Ranger with its nature backgrounds and such. - Forgive me, but unless I've somehow missed something, (which is entirely possible), I haven't been able to identify one single thing that is an improvement to the previous SYNC version which came with my truck.... Anybody??

Dull - Boring.jpg

Bob902

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
Occupation
RETIRED!!!!
Welp, it wasn't pretty fellas, but even a complete computer illiterate buffoon, (such as myself) was actually able to tweak several mods within FORScan to my Ranger. Besides the Bambi mod, BMS increase from 70% to 95% and several others, I really liked the other Splash Screen options better than the original version. Although the Aviator and Navigator screens are much better, they both got edged out by the Bronco animation selection. I only wished there was some sort of option to change the completely bland and thoroughly uninspiring Radio Screen that we now have since the latest SYNC update.. Oh? You don't like Blue? How bout MORE BLUE?.. I mean, (IMHO) even my wife's sissified CRV has a much more appealing look to its radio than the Ranger with its nature backgrounds and such. - Forgive me, but unless I've somehow missed something, (which is entirely possible), I haven't been able to identify one single thing that is an improvement to the previous SYNC version which came with my truck.... Anybody??

Dull - Boring.jpg
I liked the colors of the Lincoln screens, just didn't like that it had Lincoln logo on it. If I could have figured a way to have t h e Ford logo, I would have kept it on.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
I liked the colors of the Lincoln screens, just didn't like that it had Lincoln logo on it. If I could have figured a way to have t h e Ford logo, I would have kept it on.
I used Forscan to change the "Brand" to Lincoln and run the Lincoln color schemes with the Raptor splash screen. That way I got rid of the blue. Also like the design of the Lincoln screen controls. I also run the screen in night mode all the time. More color choices would be nice but I can live with this.

SVTPaul

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2004 SVT Cobra, 2008 Subaru STi
Occupation
Engineer
I used Forscan to change the "Brand" to Lincoln and run the Lincoln color schemes with the Raptor splash screen. That way I got rid of the blue. Also like the design of the Lincoln screen controls. I also run the screen in night mode all the time. More color choices would be nice but I can live with this.
Interesting. I've been using the Raptor splash screen and use night mode permanently for as long as I've had my truck, but haven't tried the Lincoln colors. I need to look into this.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Interesting. I've been using the Raptor splash screen and use night mode permanently for as long as I've had my truck, but haven't tried the Lincoln colors. I need to look into this.
Their colors are more brown/grey.

JesseS

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT FX4, Jayco 26' Class A
Occupation
Retired, work is a four letter word.
Their colors are more brown/grey.
I am going to have to try this, I also use the raptor screen in night mode, but the blue is just to much.... blue.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I am going to have to try this, I also use the raptor screen in night mode, but the blue is just to much.... blue.
?

Tremor416

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor
Occupation
Printing
I have the cheaper toggle switch obd2 adapter. worked fine over the summer. I just decided i wanted to go back in and change some stuff. I updated my forscan to latest version . Now it won't read the DTC. Could it be possible it doesn't support that adapter now? seems weird.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
I have the cheaper toggle switch obd2 adapter. worked fine over the summer. I just decided i wanted to go back in and change some stuff. I updated my forscan to latest version . Now it won't read the DTC. Could it be possible it doesn't support that adapter now? seems weird.
Did you use a saved config when you started it up? I've had intermittent issues where it wouldn't read, but when I answered no to the "do you want to use this saved config" it worked fine. It takes a bit longer since it has to go thru all the modules again, but it has worked for me.

DangerRanger84

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
Should be mics around the cabin that listen and inform the ANC system on what signal to produce.
I messed with this and enabled all of the microphones (2021 Lariat) and man it jacked with incoming calls played over the stereo, it would make them cut in and out - like the noise cancelling was fighting the normal audio. It was so bad to the point I just turned it back to normal.

OP
OP

t4thfavor

First Name
Chance
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Fox 2.0, 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Anyone in North Carolina want to help a Newby install terrain management button and program on my 2020 xlt please. Lunch and brews on me...in the Triad area...
Sorry, I’m in Florida today, and my plane doesn’t stop in NC on the way back to the frozen north. Here’s a free extra bump though.
Do you have the computer and cables? Someone could help remotely if you verify them somehow first.
Sponsored