FORScan Modifications

FirstRanger

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 SuperCrew
Your after pic does not show a street name like the before pic. I would not expect a speed limit to display unless the system is also displaying the street/location and nav knows the speed limit. So, I can’t see how the two compare......

023C9B2E-125E-4BBB-B542-B8330DF66161.jpeg
3.jpg

in this right upper corner no speed sign.

Last edited:

codestp202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Has anyone noticed the Trailer Brake Control Module under the IPC? I was poking around the other modules after turning off the engine noise in the ACM. The trailer brake control module is disabled in my IPC, I do have a Ford OEM Redarc w/ the emergency braking addon that I installed, but it had no instructions on a forscan modification, and I have yet to hear anyone on here making a forscan change w/ the brake controller. I haven't towed anything yet, but my Redarc does glow blue if I hit the button.

Any ideas if it needs to be enabled or not? I don't have a trailer handy right now to test it enabled/disabled.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Has anyone noticed the Trailer Brake Control Module under the IPC? I was poking around the other modules after turning off the engine noise in the ACM. The trailer brake control module is disabled in my IPC, I do have a Ford OEM Redarc w/ the emergency braking addon that I installed, but it had no instructions on a forscan modification, and I have yet to hear anyone on here making a forscan change w/ the brake controller. I haven't towed anything yet, but my Redarc does glow blue if I hit the button.

Any ideas if it needs to be enabled or not? I don't have a trailer handy right now to test it enabled/disabled.
It does not. That is a left over from the F150 which can have an integrated break controller. Has nothing to do with our current Rangers. Your brake controller will work just fine.

codestp202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
It does not. That is a left over from the F150 which can have an integrated break controller. Has nothing to do with our current Rangers. Your brake controller will work just fine.
Good stuff, I figured as much. Thanks!

Czaplewskin

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Black Lariat FX4
Anyone know which module this is in? Is it apim and can the seat heaters be added to lariat screen?
I beleive this was fixed with the latest SYNC update? I'm not 100% sure, but I did get climate controls back...

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Lets try this again!! When I made the mod for traffic sign recognition to show speed limits, it took the speed limit sign off of the navigation on the right side (See pic below) of my dash. Can you get both to show up?

Before
3.jpg

After
023C9B2E-125E-4BBB-B542-B8330DF66161.jpeg
I missed it, how did you do this in the first place? Top One.

Timothyfry9188

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ford ranger
A question,
I have a 2015 XLT, I have enabled the traffic sign recognition in the ipc.
But I don't have the ipma option on my forscan. Does this need to be enabled or am I doing something wrong

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
Anyone know if you can have your DRLs stay bright with your headlights on? Our units overseas dim when you turn your light on.

RAYJAY

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 ranger pickup 2019 subaru
looking for tire size setting is it on the spread sheet ?

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Since I couldn't find the circumference for my actual tire size I plugged in generic circumference and drove by one of those signs that tell you your speed. It was a bit high. So I divided the numbers and got a percentage to multiply the original number. Used that and it's dead on on the second try.

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Since I couldn't find the circumference for my actual tire size I plugged in generic circumference and drove by one of those signs that tell you your speed. It was a bit high. So I divided the numbers and got a percentage to multiply the original number. Used that and it's dead on on the second try.
I like your process, but choice of tools (the radar speed sign) may be questionable as to its accuracy.
I was going to suggest GPS, but same question would apply. But would be interesting for you to compare.
Sponsored