First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger wildtrak
Occupation
Eletricista
You don't need the codes for that, that's a UI option to change, with no need to edit HEX codes.

no they don't work I can't understand where I'm wrong ..........

it works only with the indicator running
Sponsored

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
no they don't work I can't understand where I'm wrong ..........

it works only with the indicator running
As was mentioned before, the non-NA trucks are setup *very* differently than the NA trucks are, and many of the FORScan modifications are unlikely to translate between models.

Roby65

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger wildtrak
Occupation
Eletricista
As was mentioned before, the non-NA trucks are setup *very* differently than the NA trucks are, and many of the FORScan modifications are unlikely to translate between models.
?

Glocker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4, 2014 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm excited! A coworker sold his Ford truck and came by my office and dropped off his dongle so I can play with FORscan. It looks like I have a lot of reading to catch up on to see what I want to mess with and what I want to leave alone!

Wasatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Supercab
For "Bambi Mode" (allow high beams and fog lights simultaneously) It seems like this is a multi-step process. I do not want my fog lights as DTRL, or to turn on when turning.

Question:
Is there an option to keep the function of the fog lights the same as factory, but allow them to stay on when the high beams are also running?

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
For "Bambi Mode" (allow high beams and fog lights simultaneously) It seems like this is a multi-step process. I do not want my fog lights as DTRL, or to turn on when turning.

Question:
Is there an option to keep the function of the fog lights the same as factory, but allow them to stay on when the high beams are also running?
That is the function of bambi mode. It has nothing to do with dtrl.

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Occupation
Retired
Sync 3.4 latest update build 21020
Is there a way to add Heated Seats icon to my display?
I did not see a GUI in the APIM module.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer
Sync 3.4 latest update build 21020
Is there a way to add Heated Seats icon to my display?
I did not see a GUI in the APIM module.
It is in the APIM configuration, called "seat button icons". Set to heated seats.

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired
I successfully installed Sync 3.2 a few days ago via USB. Then I decided to update my Maps as well.
I downloaded the files from the Ford website, followed the instructions carefully and installed the update.
Got the message Update Complete. Remove USB. The map update was successful except that my steering wheel Voice Control button no longer gives me Navigation commands. Only Phone, Radio, Sirius, Climate and USB. Somehow the Navigation connection is lost. Anyone else come across this. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

alcohenusa

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Retired
I successfully installed Sync 3.2 a few days ago via USB. Then I decided to update my Maps as well.
I downloaded the files from the Ford website, followed the instructions carefully and installed the update.
Got the message Update Complete. Remove USB. The map update was successful except that my steering wheel Voice Control button no longer gives me Navigation commands. Only Phone, Radio, Sirius, Climate and USB. Somehow the Navigation connection is lost. Anyone else come across this. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Please see my reply in the other thread where you posted the same issue….

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
Hey everyone, I've received my obdii dongle and have the trial license ready to go. I understand that when I first connect to the truck, FORScan will read the tuck's computer(s) and then offer for me to save an AS-Built "profile" of the truck in case I ever want to revert back to factory settings.

So my question comes after I've made a few changes to the module data. It appears that there are two things that people are making backups of: the profile and the module data.

Do I need to save backups of the individual modules AND save a new profile each time I make a change? Or do I just do one or the other? It seems like saving a new profile each time would be less messy than having to save and remember (or write down) one or more individual modules. Or does it not work that way?

TIA. I don't want to brick my ecu or get in trouble with the dealer!

Josh

RCMUSTANG

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion 1995 Ranger
Hey everyone, I've received my obdii dongle and have the trial license ready to go. I understand that when I first connect to the truck, FORScan will read the tuck's computer(s) and then offer for me to save an AS-Built "profile" of the truck in case I ever want to revert back to factory settings.

So my question comes after I've made a few changes to the module data. It appears that there are two things that people are making backups of: the profile and the module data.

Do I need to save backups of the individual modules AND save a new profile each time I make a change? Or do I just do one or the other? It seems like saving a new profile each time would be less messy than having to save and remember (or write down) one or more individual modules. Or does it not work that way?

Josh
You can't brick your ecu as there's nothing you can do to it with forscan.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation

Josh
Create the profile the first time you connect the truck. It will scan your truck and get all your modules both the asbuilts and for some also a configuration. Next, before you make any changes back up all the as built modules. This is very important. This will give you way to return the truck to the original state if some thing work as expected. Don't worry about the profile just reuse it the next time you log in. You can and should make incremental back ups of the as built models as you make changes, develop a naming convention so you can tell module and version it is. Don't worry about the configuration files. If you make the changes there, which is easier and safer than editing the as built file, the changes will show in the as built as well. Welcome to Forscan and have fun with your truck.

No you really can't brick anything with Forscan as long as you have backups so you can restore to a previous working version or original settings.

JTDay

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazdaspeed3, M3
Occupation
EHS
Create the profile the first time you connect the truck. It will scan your truck and get all your modules both the asbuilts and for some also a configuration. Next, before you make any changes back up all the as built modules. This is very important. This will give you way to return the truck to the original state if some thing work as expected. Don't worry about the profile just reuse it the next time you log in. You can and should make incremental back ups of the as built models as you make changes, develop a naming convention so you can tell module and version it is. Don't worry about the configuration files. If you make the changes there, which is easier and safer than editing the as built file, the changes will show in the as built as well. Welcome to Forscan and have fun with your truck.

No you really can't brick anything with Forscan as long as you have backups so you can restore to a previous working version or original settings.
Thanks Blue. So what I'm reading is that each vehicle only has one profile and if I ever wanted to revert back to a previous revision or go back to stock completely, I would have to do so solely by loading and writing the modules individually?

I've watched about 2 hours worth of tutorials so far but that backup piece eludes me. If the above is correct, I'm going to start editing the modules a bit tonight. Thanks for helping to clarify this for the uninitiated!

Josh

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Thanks Blue. So what I'm reading is that each vehicle only has one profile and if I ever wanted to revert back to a previous revision or go back to stock completely, I would have to do so solely by loading and writing the modules individually?

I've watched about 2 hours worth of tutorials so far but that backup piece eludes me. If the above is correct, I'm going to start editing the modules a bit tonight. Thanks for helping to clarify this for the uninitiated!

Josh
Correct the profe is linked to your vehicles VIN. The only time I've needed a new profile was when a revision to Forscan added a configuration file to a module that didn't have one.
Sponsored