First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 4.0 Ranger, 2021 cactus grey Ranger
Occupation
Energy
I am looking around with forscan I have the trial license and using my Ford VCM3 to connect. I was able to enable bambi mode but I do not see all modules listed. Is this a limitation of Forscan orthe license I am using?
No the 2 month trial and the purchase version should have the same stuff. Different modules are in different locations. What one you looking for
Sponsored

MrBusses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4dr FX4
Occupation
Ford Tech
No the 2 month trial and the purchase version should have the same stuff. Different modules are in different locations. What one you looking for
Going through the wiki I saw some stuff for the IPC but I do not have an IPC module in Forscan. Everything shows up just fine in FDRS.

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
Going through the wiki I saw some stuff for the IPC but I do not have an IPC module in Forscan. Everything shows up just fine in FDRS.
What adapter are you using?

RedlandRanger

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat FX4, 1973 Mercury Capri
Vehicle Showcase
1674349029903.png

Tried it with my OBDlink adapter also same options.
Is that wireless? Wireless adapters are not recommended (last I knew). What I was wondering is there is a high speed and low speed CAN bus - Wondering if some of the modules are on the bus your adapter isn't seeing? On the "old" adapters there was a switch to control which one you were reading - the newer wired adapters automatically adjust.

MrBusses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4dr FX4
Occupation
Ford Tech
Is that wireless? Wireless adapters are not recommended (last I knew). What I was wondering is there is a high speed and low speed CAN bus - Wondering if some of the modules are on the bus your adapter isn't seeing? On the "old" adapters there was a switch to control which one you were reading - the newer wired adapters automatically adjust.
I mean this the latest OEM scan tool that I use daily with FDRS and IDS it can see every network and module the truck has. Maybe forscan doesn't like that it is wireless but both the IPC and APIM are on the HS3 can network and I Can access the APIM through forscan.

I will venture over to the forscan forums and see if they have any info.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4X4 SCrew
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I mean this the latest OEM scan tool that I use daily with FDRS and IDS it can see every network and module the truck has. Maybe forscan doesn't like that it is wireless but both the IPC and APIM are on the HS3 can network and I Can access the APIM through forscan.

I will venture over to the forscan forums and see if they have any info.
One thing to try is to just make sure when connecting in FORScan that you use a new profile. Stored profiles don't upgrade well and sometimes just don't work.

MrBusses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger 4dr FX4
Occupation
Ford Tech
One thing to try is to just make sure when connecting in FORScan that you use a new profile. Stored profiles don't upgrade well and sometimes just don't work.
I will give that a try also thanks

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
MrBusses, I have a question for you, as I am playing with Forscan and the available PIDs, I was wondering if the VCM2 or VCM3 will display the battery SOC, like the F-150 does or is it tied to the available programed PIDs in the BCM.
I ask because I walked away from auto tech before scanners became the norm for our toolbox, I have owned a few over the years and self-taught myself how to use them. I had the OTC Genisys for years till it hit its demise with no more updates, then upgraded to my Autel 906TS.
So, with that and Forscan I am unable to view the actual PID for Battery SOC Percent, like the F-150 has.
So, I was just curious is it an available PID with the Ranger and I just need the right adapter to view it? or is it only available via IDS, or just not programmed within the BCM at all.

Now, for your issue of not seeing all available modules, completely load a new profile and it should see the IPC module

RangerBill

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew FX4
Occupation
retired
Does anyone know if there's an option to disable the horn honk, when locking it with the double push on the key fob? My horn works absolutely fine, when used from the cabin, but when I get out and arm the alarm, the horn makes a really faint noise, almost like the horn is failing... I'd rather just disable it, if possible?

Thanks
Only push one time on the fob lock button. No honk and still locks.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
Yea, no shit, but doesn't arm alarm....
You don't need to double-click your lock button to arm the alarm. Otherwise locking with the doors inside when you get out wouldn't do it either. And it does.

And before you even come for me....
1677017595929.png

Page 65 of the 4th edition printing in the 2019 manual under "Security" if you look it up.

Gizmokid2005

Threads
Reaction score
Website
gizmokid2005.com
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
SQL Developer
Vehicle Showcase
I dislike forums....

Everything I've come across says 1 press, doors lock, 2 presses, alarm is activated...
That was true in the '00s. Back in the old days of alarms. It hasn't been true in a LONG time for most vehicles.

This is also why your manual is your friend.

RangerBill

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Super Crew FX4
Occupation
retired
Yea, no shit, but doesn't arm alarm....
I gave you the correct answer. You can choose to ignore it if you want to. It does arm the alarm with one press of the lock button on the fob.

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
To idea of the double press is to give you an audible and visual confirmation that the doors are closed and locked, but the alarm is armed with a single press

Locking the Doors: Press the button to lock all doors. The direction indicators will flash. Press the button again within three seconds to confirm that all the doors are closed. The doors will lock again, the horn will sound and the direction indicators will flash if all the doors are closed. Locking and Unlocking the Door

chrisakz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Supercab XLT FX4
They also call it a “car locator” so if you press it twice your horn will honk and you can find your car in a parking lot.
Sponsored