Ford Perimeter Plus Alarm system

Hirnlego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 302A
Thanks!. My eyes are not that good. Had to download the image then enlarge it...can confirm the 2nd A at the end. :idea: Found a killer deal on this kit. Guess I have a veterans day project to complete this Thursday.

Thats the one! You can see it in one of my install images above.
Full disclosure - I cant confirm the 2nd A at the end ?
Sponsored

micl9

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Fx4 302A
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks!. My eyes are not that good. Had to download the image then enlarge it...can confirm the 2nd A at the end. :idea: Found a killer deal on this kit. Guess I have a veterans day project to complete this Thursday.
you and me both - I did the same!
Nice find!

Gil-galad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
Can someone confirm this module part number is correct for the 2019-2021 Ranger, Part number KN1J-19G367-AA.

I assume the kit with the other items wiring harness, jumper, and zip ties is Part Number KN1Z19A361A Ford Perimeter Plus Vehicle Security System.
Definitely the same as mine. Even the bar code is identical.

rfmanning

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger
That's what we are here for!
The money part that is. the helpful posts are purely a coincidence!
Well, took the aforementioned part numbers to my dealer last Wednesday. Got a call today, a week later, they were in. Walked I with my 43,000 points. Added $25 to it to pay my way out. Just finished the install. Pretty painless. Seems to work as advertised. Thanks for all the posts and photos.

Bob

puckdodger

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Lariat 2020 SOLD Black Cadillac XT5
So I can get perimeter plus for with long range antenna, installed, for about $290 USD after using 40000 Ford Points. My truck did NOT have factory Remote Start.

KN1Z-19A361-A Perimeter plus module $277 USD
JS7Z-15K601-C Remote start system with two 1 Button Remotes $82 USD
JS7Z-15603-A Long Range Antenna $43 USD

Without FordPoints it would bein the neighborhood of $450 USD, taxes and installed.

They didn't break out the install cost from the hardware, is that a fair deal?

Also, do I need to revert ForScan changes I have made back to stock before taking the truck in for the install?

Thanks.

taildraggerpilot

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2022 MINI JCW Hardtop
Occupation
Boeing Driver
When I was up under the dash connecting the gateway module pigtail, I noticed a purple wire in a harness along the sidewall that was terminated with heat shrink. Anyone know what is up with that?

taildraggerpilot

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Boeing Driver
Oh, and I got the “plus” module for $160 the other day.

Waltztj

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Xl
Occupation
Retired
Can someone confirm this module part number is correct for the 2019-2021 Ranger, Part number KN1J-19G367-AA.

I assume the kit with the other items wiring harness, jumper, and zip ties is Part Number KN1Z19A361A Ford Perimeter Plus Vehicle Security System.

1636409269881.png
That part # did not work on my 2021 I sent it back and waiting for the correct part.

Waltztj

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Xl
Occupation
Retired
When I was up under the dash connecting the gateway module pigtail, I noticed a purple wire in a harness along the sidewall that was terminated with heat shrink. Anyone know what is up with that?
That wire is for the tow package. There should be 4 total wires.

taildraggerpilot

First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Boeing Driver
That wire is for the tow package. There should be 4 total wires.
ok. I guess I should locate and bundle those four wires in preparation for a brake controller install. The other three were probably hiding on the backside of that giant wire bundle.

Hirnlego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 302A
What did not work? It is odd how the same model truck has so many deletions and slight variations with software after 2019. This unit did work out on my truck, but it is a 2019 model.

The sensitivity is not nearly as much as I would expect; however, the manual does state it is shock it detects not rocking of the vehicle. Is this what others experience? I have mine set just past half on the dial.

That part # did not work on my 2021 I sent it back and waiting for the correct part.

Gil-galad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
The sensitivity is not nearly as much as I would expect; however, the manual does state it is shock it detects not rocking of the vehicle. Is this what others experience? I have mine set just past half on the dial.
I just kept fine tuning the sensitivity until it matched my expectations. That's one of the advantages of mounting the unit in such a way that it allows easy access to the adjustment knob.

If someone grabs and releases an exterior door handle when the door is locked, letting the spring snap it back into its stowed position, it sets off the "one honk" warning on my truck. Rocking the truck or kicking the tires is not enough of a shock to set it off. I could easily set it to be more sensitive but I like where it is.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
What did not work? It is odd how the same model truck has so many deletions and slight variations with software after 2019. This unit did work out on my truck, but it is a 2019 model.

Yeah, rocking the Truck does not setup the alarm, tapping the window does. I had mine setup just on the halfway so it's doesn't alarm when a load motorcycle drives by.

MXGOLF

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lucille my 2020 Ranger Lariat 4x4 -2007 Yamaha FZ6
Occupation
Sales / Photographer
Ok well I ordered one too a couple of weeks ago with some other goodies. I get real heavy trucks driving in front of my house and was wondering if this would get set off all the time?
Thanks for all the help guys!

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Ok well I ordered one too a couple of weeks ago with some other goodies. I get real heavy trucks driving in front of my house and was wondering if this would get set off all the time?
Thanks for all the help guys!
You can adjust the sensitivity level for your liking and environment.
Sponsored