Ford Perimeter Plus Alarm system

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
Someone in another thread was asking how do I like my Ford Perimeter Plus alarm system?

It works great. I find that if I try to open door handles the horn will beep once, which is great since we have a perp that goes through the neighborhood checking car doors. (not sure if its one attempt to enter, or 2 attempts to cause horn beep)

The alarm is setup so if If I kick the tire hard I will get 1 honk alert. Its also supposed to give me a long alert if its hit harder. I have not tested that part yet.

I did not know this when I bough tit but it also sends me an alert through Ford Pass.
Below is what the alert looks like.
you have to use the time stamp on top (2:12 PM) because the other stamp is England time (utc)

Now the bad part:
When I received this alert today my truck was sitting in the dealers parking lot waiting to be picked up for the line-x bed liner install :(.

FordPass (002).jpg
Sponsored

Sway

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
This happens constantly when I have my truck parked anywhere, for absolutely no reason.

OP
OP
towpro

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
So today I rode my 2006 Sportster with stock exhaust past the truck as I was going into the garage and it set off the truck alarm.
so I pulled the front dash cover off and found they just stuffed it into the kick panel. All you need to do is find the thin wire that drops into the kick panel and use it to lift out the module so you can get to the adjustment screw, I don't need to remove the front dash panel.
I found the adjustment was turned all the way to High. I turned it back a little past 1/2 and did the Harley test. No more alarm when I ride past.

TheBadger

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 STX Crew 4Ă—4
Occupation
Union Pipefitter
I just installed (super easy, disconnected wiring harness, connected tee harness, zip tied module to dash innards) the Perimeter Plus module on my 2020 XL STX and was overjoyed to find it is plug-and-play! Alarm works without activation.
Remote start does not, however, so I've ordered FORScan to set that up and change some other stuff.
BTW the dealer quoted me $200!!! ?

RBTremor

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang Convertible, 2019 Mustang Conv. 2.3L
Is this an option or standard on the Lariat models? Anybody know?

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
Is this an option or standard on the Lariat models? Anybody know?
I have a Lariat and it was not standard equipment. Literally a 10 minute install and you have remote start and a perimeter alarm.
Works great and I scored mine for $120!

RBTremor

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1966 Mustang Convertible, 2019 Mustang Conv. 2.3L
I have a Lariat and it was not standard equipment. Literally a 10 minute install and you have remote start and a perimeter alarm.
Works great and I scored mine for $120!
Nice! What's involved in the install?? Didn't your Lariat already have remote start? Do you have to carry two key fobs now?

OP
OP
towpro

towpro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Lariet F150
Nice! What's involved in the install?? Didn't your Lariat already have remote start? Do you have to carry two key fobs now?
like he said, plug and play, but you need computer to make the remote start work.
BUT
When I ordered it I was able to add the install price ($68.50) to the cost and just pay ford accessories at time of order. When part arrived at dealer (before my truck got there) the install was already paid for. Dealer started telling me they wanted more for install, I told them to call Ford, and in the end it all worked out and it cost me $68.50 for install.

I just checked website again, and picked the wrong dealer and the did not have install prices listed, so apparently some dealer can block that install price option.

All the installer did was plug and play, then stuffed it into the kick panel, than did the computer work. I tried to remount mine all nice behind the panel under the steering column and it would not trigger, moved it back to just being stuffed in kick panel and it works great.
plus you can just pull the wire to lift it out so you adjust sensitivity (one knob) if needed.

and it uses that remote that came with your truck. Lock, Unlock, Lock and it starts. a couple lights will come on while its running.

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
like he said, plug and play, but you need computer to make the remote start work.
BUT
When I ordered it I was able to add the install price ($68.50) to the cost and just pay ford accessories at time of order. When part arrived at dealer (before my truck got there) the install was already paid for. Dealer started telling me they wanted more for install, I told them to call Ford, and in the end it all worked out and it cost me $68.50 for install.

I just checked website again, and picked the wrong dealer and the did not have install prices listed, so apparently some dealer can block that install price option.

All the installer did was plug and play, then stuffed it into the kick panel, than did the computer work. I tried to remount mine all nice behind the panel under the steering column and it would not trigger, moved it back to just being stuffed in kick panel and it works great.
plus you can just pull the wire to lift it out so you adjust sensitivity (one knob) if needed.

and it uses that remote that came with your truck. Lock, Unlock, Lock and it starts. a couple lights will come on while its running.

There is no computer work involved....not sure who told you that, you don't need ForScan or anything to do it.
I did my install myself took me literally 20 mins max. Connected it and stuffed it down the side of the kick panel. Took me longer to get the sensitivity adjusted than the actual install. You don't need another key fob. My Lariat did not have the system as a factory install. I simply click lock-unlock and then lock again on the fob and it starts. Exactly as the instruction said. It evidently comes pre-programmed as I plugged it in and then cycled the lock- unlock-lock on my fob and it started.
Super easy and more dependable than that the crappy Ford app remote start.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Hmm. If I have remote start do I have this Ford perimeter security system? How would I confirm this? Double lock the truck and give it a few tugs on the door handle? Kick the tire real hard and not stub my toe? Haha, I think those will work to check it. If there’s a more official way, let me know. Will check in the AM.

I think most vehicles work like this but if you double lock the truck the handles can’t be opened from inside. But does that matter if they can unlock via the button inside the vehicle or does that disable after a double lock? Not to mention they have to bypass the shift stick lock in P to D without fob nearby. Seems like there’s a lot of things going on to deter theft. In addition the fx4 skid plate or any skid plate makes it that much tougher to get underneath the vehicle to certain components. Guess there’s lots to test.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm. If I have remote start do I have this Ford perimeter security system? How would I confirm this? Double lock the truck and give it a few tugs on the door handle? Kick the tire real hard and not stub my toe? Haha, I think those will work to check it. If there’s a more official way, let me know. Will check in the AM.

I think most vehicles work like this but if you double lock the truck the handles can’t be opened from inside. But does that matter if they can unlock via the button inside the vehicle or does that disable after a double lock? Not to mention they have to bypass the shift stick lock in P to D without fob nearby. Seems like there’s a lot of things going on to deter theft. In addition the fx4 skid plate or any skid plate makes it that much tougher to get underneath the vehicle to certain components. Guess there’s lots to test.
Did you get the perimeter security? I definitely need one since I thought mine came with it.

rydfree

First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Super crew Lariet - Mercedes GLK
Occupation
Maintenance
Vehicle Showcase
Is the shock sensor a separate module from the main brain of the system or is it an all-in-one module ? The reason I ask is that for a shock sensor to work properly without giving false alarms , it should be securely fastened to a solid part of the vehicle . The best place is the steering column or secure metal bracket but a large wiring bundle can be used if mounted in the kick panel . If the shock sensor is just tossed in the panel it will never operate correctly as it will pick up all sorts of vibrations or not at all depending on how it gets banged around during regular driving . Also the wiring harness going to the module should be securely wire tied at least a few inches from the module to keep it from inducing vibrations to the unit . Whether this is a componet or an all-in-one design , the module containing the vibration/shock sensor should not be able to move freely .

Hirnlego

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 302A
Anyone install this who already has remote start? Is just the 2-stage shock sensor an item on its own? Any install videos or pictures of the system?

Part No: KN1Z19A361A Ford Perimeter Plus Vehicle Security System

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Did you get the perimeter security? I definitely need one since I thought mine came with it.
I never checked if I have it since I wasn’t sure how to check hahaha.
Sponsored