Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Occupation
linux admin
I installed this today: KN1Z19A361A Ford Perimeter Plus Vehicle Security System

Came with module, jumper and wiring harness.

Simply plugged it in. Tested auto start and stop which worked ootb. However, I cannot tell any alarm feature is working. Tried bumping the glass, kicking the tire, adjusting the knob but no horn response at all. I don't see any option to enable it or disable in the ford app or any truck menu options. Any idea what is going on or how to resolve the issue?

airline tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ranger Lariat-Super Crew, Cactus Gray
Occupation
Aircraft Tech
Found this on Ford Website - Operation Manual for the system, if no help
possibly try - FORscan and enable it in BCM (easy way) or change As-Built

726-01-02 - (XXXX-XXX0-XXXX) From
(XXXX-XXX1-XXXX) To

Plus: Try it without Keyfob on you, move it away from truck out of range

Attachments

Last edited:

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase

Simply plugged it in. Tested auto start and stop which worked ootb. However, I cannot tell any alarm feature is working. Tried bumping the glass, kicking the tire, adjusting the knob but no horn response at all. I don't see any option to enable it or disable in the ford app or any truck menu options. Any idea what is going on or how to resolve the issue?
There is a sensitivity adjustment on the module, hopefully yours came with one.

blank264

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Occupation
linux admin
Bladeranger, Yes, it has one. I adjusted it far left, middle, far right and it doesn't seem to work. I've read about a way to enable and disable in the left panel menu. My 2019 ranger lariat doesn't have that. Maybe it's a forscan solution. Like I said, remote start/stop works but I can't tell the alarm works. Maybe it isn't enabled.

myothercarizahearse

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX 4x4 w/ GFC V2, 1987 Caddy hearse
Occupation
Unretired
Bladeranger, Yes, it has one. I adjusted it far left, middle, far right and it doesn't seem to work. I've read about a way to enable and disable in the left panel menu. My 2019 ranger lariat doesn't have that. Maybe it's a forscan solution. Like I said, remote start/stop works but I can't tell the alarm works. Maybe it isn't enabled.
try breaking a window.... kidding. have you tried jumping in the bed with alarm engaged and keys far from the truck?

blank264

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford ranger
Occupation
linux admin
myothercarizahearse, Limited testing so far. 16F and 20mph wind or so here. Tried a few things but nothing happened so far. Should be warmer tomorrow so I'll look into it more. Just trying to findout why no alarm so far.

BladeRanger

First Name
Bladimir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger 2020 XLT FX4
Occupation
Electronic Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe the module is bad, mine took about 5min after off/on, did you get the LED with the module?

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Broadband/ Microwave Engineer
Dammit, just ordered my perimeter plus module for my Lariat, these forums are dangerous.

BOCTOK

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Analyst
Trying to decide if I want the perimeter plus alarm or the F & R cameras first. I already have remote start through the app, but having it through the fob would be much more convenient. On the other hand, having video evidence of any bullshittery going on with my truck is also very enticing.

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
Installed mine today, put the led in the center of the dash for best visibility. Mounted the control unit under the dash panel for ease of sensitivity adjustment. Simple install, works great.

20230101_103415.jpg

20230101_103447.jpg

JasonTremor

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor XLT
I've read through about all the posts here and am still not certain this would be plug and play on a 2021 XLT without Forscan changes or a dealer visit for programming. From what I understand, as long as it isn't a 2019, plug and play works without programming.

I really would just like to get key fob remote start capability on my XLT and the shock sensing perimeter security add is just a bonus.

Appreciate any additional confirmation anyone can share!

Bsthroop

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4x2 Sport
Occupation
I've read through about all the posts here and am still not certain this would be plug and play on a 2021 XLT without Forscan changes or a dealer visit for programming. From what I understand, as long as it isn't a 2019, plug and play works without programming.

I really would just like to get key fob remote start capability on my XLT and the shock sensing perimeter security add is just a bonus.

Mine was installed in a 2019 Lariat and was plug and play for the alarm, didn't activate remote start since I already had it.

Jerry Eiler

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 Lariat SC , Ford Edge 2007

Did you lock the truck?

00Doc

First Name
Wes
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger 4x4 XLT
Occupation
Retired

I installed the Perimeter Plus Alarm on my 2021 XLT and as long as you have remote lock and unlock, the module will give you remote start with a lock-unlock-lock button sequience. No programing required. I have the sensativity all the way up and occasionally my neighbors Harley will set it off but that's OK with me.
Sponsored