Tra1969

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Ranger Lariat Tremor 501A and Tow
Occupation
Senior Manufacturing Supervisor
Vehicle Showcase
1FMCU9J90LUB09229 is one example for NA NAV. Basically, if you're missing a file or files, you can look up some used vehicle VINs for MY19/20 with the same system and pull a full package that way. Annoying, but it works.

FYI - A quick way to check if you got the new Voice file is just press the VR button. If all you get is short silence, then the beep to talk you're OK. If it still chimes, or worse, chimes and says "please say a command", you're using an old Voice pack. Gracenotes you can check from the About SYNC screen.

I pulled the file and added it to my flash drive. I did get the chime but it did not say "say a command" I will go try it.
Sponsored

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
Does the Non Nav update have the -CM file as well. I checked my .zip file and its only got 5 files. I checked another VIN for a 2019 XLT non nav with the same radio as mine and I just downloaded the .zip file for that and it doesn't have the -CM file as well. If i check my VIN on the website it says its up to date.

Looks like the VIN posted in Post #206 is for a 2020 Escape with NAV that one does have the -CM file.
Non-Navs should have 14G391-BM. Try 1FMCU9G64LUA56256. That worked for me for a Non-Nav pack.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
If you have NAV, you should be able to use the one from the earlier post. If not, I'll see if I can find a VIN for Non-Nav (4" or 8") that's working.
I don't have nav. That's why I started browsing used car listings. PITA to try to find the ones with the same package I have. Lots with Nav, and lots with lower packages than mine. Lots of work to find just one, and it didn't seem to be working.

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Non-Navs should have 14G391-BM. Try 1FMCU9G64LUA56256. That worked for me for a Non-Nav pack.
I see the -BM with that supplied VIN file, I'm guessing all i would have to do is prepare a flash drive with the .zip file for my VIN then copy over the 5U5T-14G391-BM.tar.gz to my flash drive? and go to truck and install it?

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Checked the files on that one. they are all identical to mine, except for the BM file and the associated line in the autoinstall.lst file. Thanks. I'll probably give this a shot tonight.

Tra1969

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I pulled the file and added it to my flash drive. I did get the chime but it did not say "say a command" I will go try it.

After 45 min no luck and gave up for tonight. Not sure what the issues was and it said it was updating the whole time. First time it only took 25 min to install the one with the missing file. Everything still works fine. Guess I will try again when I have some time.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
After 45 min no luck and gave up for tonight. Not sure what the issues was and it said it was updating the whole time. First time it only took 25 min to install the one with the missing file. Everything still works fine. Guess I will try again when I have some time.
I expect this one to take longer. that voice file is a decent bit bigger than the others

Tra1969

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
I expect this one to take longer. that voice file is a decent bit bigger than the others

Will try again tommorrow or Friday. Reformated the hard drive and reloaded the files on it. Will start it when I leave work that way at least 20 min of it will be driving it. See what happen then. :)

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-BM file is huge i am not sure if it will work or not on a 2019 There might me a memory limitation.

Files.PNG

UofMEngineer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20' Escape Hybrid,18' Fusion Hybrid
-BM file is huge i am not sure if it will work or not on a 2019 There might me a memory limitation.

Files.PNG
Normal size for the 8" Non-Nav. It contains a lot of languages given this is a global part. That's why it's so much larger than the Nav -CM. That only has 3 languages since it's NA only.

mtbikernate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT 4x4
Installed for me fairly quickly this morning. Maybe 20min, but did require a restart for the "2nd part" of the install, which only took a few sec.

New voice recognition function with the beep is now installed and working.

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

Files.PNG
Went and double checked must USB I downloaded and used a couple left weeks ago. It only had 4 files. It didn't have the BB or BM files. Downloaded using the VIN posted previously and got all six files. Updated my USB and reran install. Took about 20 minutes with the key cycle near the end. Now I just get the beep with the VR button and it seems quicker. Will see after I use it a while, but everything seems OK.

Tra1969

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Vehicle Showcase
Reinstalled on way home from work. Took 15min and done. Thanks UofMEngineer for your help. Hit VR button and get beep. No more chime. “Go Blue!!!”

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Went and double checked must USB I downloaded and used a couple left weeks ago. It only had 4 files. It didn't have the BB or BM files. Downloaded using the VIN posted previously and got all six files. Updated my USB and reran install. Took about 20 minutes with the key cycle near the end. Now I just get the beep with the VR button and it seems quicker. Will see after I use it a while, but everything seems OK.
when you updated USB which files did you update? the -BM, -BB, and .LST file