First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
@AzScorpion Oh brother Dave, I'm sure you noticed that Ford is using the reservation system like the Bronco. Yeah, made me laugh too. :)

And BTW, if Ford can put like 200 tie downs in the bed of the Maverick I would think the Ranger could have at least stayed at 6 after the first year. Damnit.............:rolleyes:
Jim, it'll probably launch and be on the lots before we even see our Bronco's. I will give Ford a pass from last years Covid shutdowns but this hardtop fiasco is really head shaking. :headbang:
Sponsored

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
Figure I'm more of an oat milk and free-range organic chicken Ranger guy than a soy milk and tofu Maverick guy or a super-size coke and two big macs with fries F-150 guy. Gotta find a happy medium somehow.
NOT judging anyone, you all can drink all the 'designer' coffee you want and eat all the runny cheese too...

I'm a Goose/Lime & Cran kinda guy...
My wife & Doc say I dont eat enough fruits, my urologist says cran is good for my 25+ years of kidney stones and general UTI prevention and my bartender says the Vodka will kill the awful taste of the lime/cran...PROBLEM SOLVED.. !!
:party::clap::like:

1623174853865.png

1623174890607.png

1623174927610.png

DESERT: It also doubles as 'wife repellent' for when I want some alone time with my drink!
1623175266836.png

Last edited:

TimmyB

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
Wow. rear seat storage that wasn't just phoned in.

Practical and useful bed storage/cargo tie downs combined with factory sprayed in liner and adjustable tailgate that will accommodate 4x8 sheets flat.

I went to the website and priced out one like I would want it and it was several thousand less than what I've been offered for my Ranger. Unfortunately to get what I want I would have to get pushbutton start which I don't particularly care for.

I can already feel my attraction to the Hyundai Santa Cruz starting to wane...

I'll bet it doesn't come with a murse though.

What's the big cubby hole next to the Sync screen for? Larger screen coming in the future?
My wife and I were loyal Hyundai drivers since 2002. When that Santa Cruz was at NAIAS and won truck of the year, we were falling over ourselves trying to be first in line to order one. Then, Hyundai went completely brain-dead. I understand they are now finally going to build that thing. This Maverick is simply going to crush it. I wonder if the execs at Hyundai are a wee bit concerned about going to production, now?

Deleted member 1634

Agreed. I'd love to see one of these with a 6 speed manual though. What a hoot that would be, especially with the eco and a mild tune.
Yeah, a manual would be fun. There were thoughts it would have one just to be able to hit the $20k base number, but apparently Ford has figured out how to not only not need a manual, but to even have a full hybrid at $20k. As disappointing as a lack of manual is, having such a cheap efficient vehicle is going to sell way more and be eons more popular than a manual base model every would. It really is a good move on Ford's part.

TBR17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Ranger Tremor, '13 Vette Z16, '62 VW Beetle
Yeah, a manual would be fun. There were thoughts it would have one just to be able to hit the $20k base number, but apparently Ford has figured out how to not only not need a manual, but to even have a full hybrid at $20k. As disappointing as a lack of manual is, having such a cheap efficient vehicle is going to sell way more and be eons more popular than a manual base model every would. It really is a good move on Ford's part.
Should help them fulfill a huge chunk of the fuel efficiency obligation they have to the government by selling a large number of these trucks since they are so practical and affordable.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Should help them fulfill a huge chunk of the fuel efficiency obligation they have to the government by selling a large number of these trucks since they are so practical and affordable.
You betcha'. Ford needed some help after the Bronco's numbers were posted. ;) :clap:

wolfhawk73

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 SuperCab
The 1500 payload is impressive though and is probably the more important stat for the buyers of this truck. It’s kind of funny though that they say the payload is equivalent to 37 bags of mulch, when it would be impossible to get 37 bags in that bed.
You haven't seen how creative I can get with a few ratchet straps... :)

Joeiconic

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT
If you can get past the”CVT” style transmission, I believe it’s a sweet setup.
My folks have a Hybrid Camry with CVT that I’ve driven a lot and a it works surprisingly well. Now, how a CVT would behave in a vehicle that is towing and hauling, I don’t know. But, most vehicles that will be cross shopped against the Maverick will probably have a CVT too.

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, here it is, the downer hater....no tie down hooks, no damper, no separate cargo box and no special hidden ice chest in the bed...;)

PS - using shorter stature spokes people to make the truck look bigger and special staging/angles...sheesh!!:angel:
Okay, I stand corrected- a bit - article on Road Show states, " The Flexbed also features up to eight bed tie-downs including convenient D-rings, two cleats on the tailgate that double as bottle openers, there are four threaded holes in the bed sides so you can mount various accessories like an aftermarket Ford cargo management system (or ones you create yourself) and the bed features eight stamped pockets to accommodate two-by-fours and another two that fit two-by-six dimensional lumber so you can make your own cargo dividers or even install a false floor for maximum versatility. " This is an MSN site, soooooo..... they don't tell you how to get all those nifty tie downs, as in what options or not you have to "select" and model...

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
This is an MSN site, soooooo..... they don't tell you how to get all those nifty tie downs, as in what options or not you have to "select" and model...
yes, you get more tie downs as you move up the trim lines. they're the new cup holders.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
Much to the disappointment of the die-hards, I think we're far past the point that any potential savings of a mechanically simpler transmission are offset by the cost of providing an option that almost nobody will buy. Economy of scale FTW. I don't think you'll ever again see a manual option on a newly engineered vehicle that's not aimed at an enthusiast niche. You can still buy a buggy whip, but probably not from a local dealer.

CO2Ranger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD / Former: 2021 Ranger Lariat FX4
So with all the positive chatter (mostly), who's going to take their chances with the CVT over the automatic? Just asking, not shitting on CVTs.
Sponsored