2022 Ford Maverick Pickup Debuts June 8!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 1634

It will be the same hybrid system that was in the Fusion and Cmax. Won’t tow much.
The powertrain isn't the only thing that determines towing capability. Most of the reason the Fusion, C-Max, and Escape hybrids tow so little is because the vehicle as a whole isn't made for towing. I wouldn't expect Ford to put out a truck that will only tow a very small load, even a compact one like the Maverick. The Maverick itself won't be a towing monster, just because of what it is, but the hybrid system likely won't diminish the capacity much in my mind. But I guess we'll find out for sure in a few days either way.
Sponsored

Texasota

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT, 2023 Escape PHEV
The powertrain isn't the only thing that determines towing capability. Most of the reason the Fusion, C-Max, and Escape hybrids tow so little is because the vehicle as a whole isn't made for towing. I wouldn't expect Ford to put out a truck that will only tow a very small load, even a compact one like the Maverick. The Maverick itself won't be a towing monster, just because of what it is, but the hybrid system likely won't diminish the capacity much in my mind. But I guess we'll find out for sure in a few days either way.
The 2021 Escape with the 4 cylinder Ecoboost is rated to tow 3500 lbs. The Escape hybrid and the Escape PHEV are rated for 1500 lbs. The Escape hybrid and PHEV utilize an eCVT and a 2.5 liter Atkinson cycle ICE which is not capable of towing heavy loads. I would expect the Maverick hybrid to be the same system with a similar tow rating but I could be wrong.

dondonbabyraptor

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat
Occupation
I/O Psych MSc student
Is it just me or is this car just a bit too square/box shape? Very rigid body with not much curvature imo. Can't wait to see more nonetheless.

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
The Maverick would be the one to lower, IMO……and they should have based the Bronco off the Ranger platform.
Incorrect.

The Bronco is based off the Ranger platform, or vice versa depending on your perspective.
The Bronco Sport and Maverick (and Escape) are based on the same platform (different from the Ranger/Bronco platform).
This.

Ford did themselves a huge disfavor launching the BroncovSport first. It has created so much confusion in the masses that they might as well have shot themselves in the foot.

Ohh and anybody who actually believes this will be launched as a 2022 has not been paying attention. Possibly a "late" 2022, but there's no way people will be buying these in October.

Has Bronco job one even been delivered yet? Cause it's June now.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Incorrect.

This.

Ford did themselves a huge disfavor launching the BroncovSport first. It has created so much confusion in the masses that they might as well have shot themselves in the foot.

Ohh and anybody who actually believes this will be launched as a 2022 has not been paying attention. Possibly a "late" 2022, but there's no way people will be buying these in October.

Has Bronco job one even been delivered yet? Cause it's June now.
From what I saw the other day a few have received their VIN but non have been built yet. There was just under 1,100 mannequins built for dealers so far but I don't even think those have been shipped out yet.

At this point I'm just trying to forget about mine and if/when it happens it happens. So glad I don't need one because this is a huge fuster cluck with the hard top debacle! I have more faith that the PHEV next gen Ranger will be available before my Bronco is made. :mad:

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
From what I saw the other day a few have received their VIN but non have been built yet. There was just under 1,100 mannequins built for dealers so far but I don't even think those have been shipped out yet.

At this point I'm just trying to forget about mine and if/when it happens it happens. So glad I don't need one because this is a huge fuster cluck with the hard top debacle! I have more faith that the PHEV next gen Ranger will be available before my Bronco is made. :mad:
What a shit show!

P. A. Schilke

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger FX4 Lariat 4x4, 2020 Lincoln Nautilus, 2005 Alfa Motorhome
Occupation
Engineer Retired
Vehicle Showcase
What a shit show!
HI Doug,

Yep! Ford has received double black eyes for their inability to execute quality launches of new vehicles under Steelcase Funiture Maker, Jim Hackett. Farley is under pressure to return to quality launches on time. Not there yet...more decision maker heads need to roll, JMO! Swarming the launch with tons of Engineers is not the answer either...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ranger Vehicle Engineering
Ford Motor Co. Retired

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Milkman
HI Doug,

Yep! Ford has received double black eyes for their inability to execute quality launches of new vehicles under Steelcase Funiture Maker, Jim Hackett. Farley is under pressure to return to quality launches on time. Not there yet...more decision maker heads need to roll, JMO! Swarming the launch with tons of Engineers is not the answer either...

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Having never worked in the industry it's mind blowing. Covid is definitely part of the problem but other manufacturers have successfully launched vehicles recently.

As a consumer it's very frustrating.

But at least I'm no longer waiting on a Bronco.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
HI Doug,

Best,
Phil Schilke
Ford Motor Co. Retired
Phil, the saying we had at my second job was, "A camel is just a horse designed by a bunch of engineers".

Note: No engineers were injured in the making of this post. :)

Last edited:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
It's tough to see and if you freeze it at the 8 second mark there's a Hybrid badge in the lower left.

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
The Bronco is based off the Ranger platform, or vice versa depending on your perspective.
The Bronco Sport and Maverick (and Escape) are based on the same platform (different from the Ranger/Bronco platform).
Ford calling the completely different little one the "bronco sport" was just stupid. The first rule of marketing is to convince people they need what you're selling, not to confuse the crap out of them.

DeathRanger

First Name
Peyton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport 4x4
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
In-house 2.5 L hybrid is standard. 40 MPG. 191 hp 115 torque 2,000 lbs towing capacity. Optional 2.0 EcoBoost available. 250 hp 277 lb-ft toque. 8 speed automatic transmission available on fwd or awd. 4,000 lbs towing capacity

Onboard modem and new tech features like Apple CarPlay standard. Lane keep and adaptive cruise control Optional. No word on BlueCruise Bed is 4.5’ x 4’

Max payload 1,500 lbs Like the Bronco, it’s very accessory forward. Starting price UNDER $20,000.

Maverick.jpg
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.