First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Not say'n I'm trad'n BUT I would like to drive one b/c I'm sure it will be a hit..it wont be long until you see a bunch of them at beach-front car rental lots. Great size for vacation use, good MPG, decent space for recreation bags/gear and easy to park. Anyone used to driving a car should be able to drive this.

Our 2020 Escape Hybrid AWD is great and nearly always gets 40mpg. If my teen son drives it you can bet its in sport mode.

There are some aspects I really like so far and some like the CVT I'm not..anyways it's certainly exciting! Regardless if you like it or not...

Oh, lets not digress and debate the nuisances of what a 'truck' is...This is obviously not a truck, its 'truck like'...an Escape with a big open trunk, etc. Its not gonna pull your ATV's, bass boat or traverse Pike's Peak, no week long camping excursions to the bad lands, yada, yada.. :) I can see it now, subsequent threads bashing how non-off road worthy it is..:headbang:
Agreed. I just got rid of an outback for the ranger. If it was a choice between the outback and maverick, I'd be driving a maverick. But between the ranger and maverick. I'm keeping the ranger.
Sponsored

Deleted member 1634

Agree with others that this is not for me, but for those looking at CRV or RAV4, etc., this should be an attractive option. If passenger space is the same, a bed is much more versatile than a hatchback.
Heck, throw a topper on this thing and you've got so much more covered cargo space than any CUV on the market. And this is cheaper and more fuel efficient than most of them too. The versatility of this kind of a product is immense.

Dr. Zaius

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4
I am a bit surprised at how much buzz this is generating.

The $19995 base MSRP has a ton of interest as it undercuts a lot of economy cars while getting significantly better city MPG as well.

I think Ford is going to use this as a gateway drug to get people hooked on trucks.

After all, I am one of those who once I had tasted life with a pickup swore I'd never again be without one.

ranger-rick-roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I just watched the TFL video that stated the tow package includes an integrated trailer brake controller. On a vehicle that is hardly designed to tow that is likely to piss off many on this forum (I’m a little peeved myself)…

I guess all we can hope for is that Ford learned their lesson and the next gen ranger will include a TBC.

ranger-rick-roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat Tremor
I’m a bit disappointed at the lack of available AWD with the hybrid engine, not saying I would buy one but I think it would be a great option.

If the next gen ranger includes a hybrid option with a tremor-like off road package I am placing a day 1 reservation.

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
This will be a huge hit to Ridgeline sales. Maybe we can get Tom @SubVet back into a Ford again. ?
@AzScorpion Oh brother Dave, I'm sure you noticed that Ford is using the reservation system like the Bronco. Yeah, made me laugh too. :)

And BTW, if Ford can put like 200 tie downs in the bed of the Maverick I would think the Ranger could have at least stayed at 6 after the first year. Damnit.............:rolleyes:

Last edited:

FoD

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT FX4 Chrome Iconic Silver
Occupation
COO of Dave's DeeZee Enterprising
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, here it is, the downer hater....no tie down hooks, no damper, no separate cargo box and no special hidden ice chest in the bed...;)

PS - using shorter stature spokes people to make the truck look bigger and special staging/angles...sheesh!!:angel:

mdbusey

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Supercab
Occupation
Software Technical Support
I like it and if it had been available (or if I knew it was coming) when I got my Ranger, I may have waited. But, after having the Ranger for a little over 6 months now, I love it. I would like a slightly longer bed, the 5 ft bed works, but it would be nicer to be slightly bigger.

That being said, if I had known this was coming and waited to get one. I'd end up with the buyer's remorse after trying to help move friends and taking bicycles places. Plus, the Ranger won me with the towing capabilities (even though I haven't towed much). I'm hoping that we are able to take a trip with a trailer and the Maverick would put a twist into that.

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
I'm just confused; why isn't it called the "ranger sport"? Or maybe the ranger should be the "f150 sport", and this could be the "f150 sport mini"? Ford should pick a naming convention and then stick to it!
It prolly should be called the Ranger and the Ranger should be called F100

TJMarchand

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT / 1984 Monte Carlo SS
The Escape Hybrid can be had with AWD, there's one sitting in our garage at home right now. The plug-in hybrid (PHEV) Escape is FWD only.

IMG_20200326_153527889_HDR.jpg

I would expect an AWD Hybrid Mav to make it's way to market in the coming years. Same with a PHEV and BEV model as well. It's a good platform for those types of things. Especially being city/urban/suburban centric. That's where electrification really comes into its own.
That's really cool I didn't know that. Before the announcement I was ready to jump if a hybrid AWD Maverick was available but I will have to wait. If it does happen, that would probably be exactly what I need for a daily. I'm glad Ford is trying out stuff like this.

db_tanker

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
TBH the CVT isn't a big issue I think. The CVT in our Civic is nice and, with proper maintenance is no issue at all.

If the trim packages change the looks I'd be interested to replace the Civic with one...but more and more I think the Bronco Sport would be a better fit since we have the Ranger already.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
A 6G ranger Scab with a tricked out bed, updated tech, PHEV, TBC, and please better shocks. Sign. Me. UP

Sorry. OT.
Sponsored