First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger / 2018 Honda Civic EX 5 door
Occupation
Process Professional
OMG...just saw some interior pics...it has rear AC vents...WTF?!?!?
Sponsored

VAMike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCab
@AzScorpionAnd BTW, if Ford can put like 200 tie downs in the bed of the Maverick I would think the Ranger could have at least stayed at 6 after the first year. Damnit.............:rolleyes:
Don't worry, next year the maverick will come with a single tie down you can position wherever you need it, and extras will available at $100 each (out of stock).

Deleted member 1634

TBH the CVT isn't a big issue I think. The CVT in our Civic is nice and, with proper maintenance is no issue at all.
This^! Everybody hates on CVTs because the early ones were a little finicky. Or because they might overheat if you try and climb Mt Everest at a snails pace. Or because they don't get that same Fast and Furious shifting sound.
The CVT in my wife's Escape Hybrid, which is likely the one in the Mav since it has essentially that same hybrid system, is wonderful. No issues whatsoever. A CVT is definitely not an issue in a vehicle like this.

kickinchicken

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Pro bro
I guess you're completely unaware of the difference between the bronco and the bronco sport? The former is built on the T6 platform (like the ranger) and the latter is built on the C2 platform (like the maverick)--there's exactly as much difference between a bronco and a bronco sport as there is between a ranger and a maverick. This is why I enjoy poking fun at the idiots at ford who came up with that naming/branding.
So... It's not based on the Escape platform? I'm confused. But what I'm more concerned about is whether this will cannibalize Ranger sales and affect resale value.

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
Soy milk and tofu come to mind. Then again, this is Ranger forum and not a Super Duty forum. I'll try to be more open minded.
Figure I'm more of an oat milk and free-range organic chicken Ranger guy than a soy milk and tofu Maverick guy or a super-size coke and two big macs with fries F-150 guy. Gotta find a happy medium somehow.

BCRanger

First Name
Miles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger Lariat FX4 2020
Occupation
Software
So... It's not based on the Escape platform? I'm confused. But what I'm more concerned about is whether this will cannibalize Ranger sales and affect resale value.
I can't imagine that will happen at all. People that are looking for this kind of truck are not going to confuse a body-on-frame "real" truck for the Maverick. No hit on the Maverick which looks like a nice package I just don't think they will be cross-shopping it against Tacoma.

DHH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
It's a lot nicer looking than I expected. For what it is intended to do, I think it's a great option. I just don't know if there is really a market for it in NA. Ford certainly has more insight to the market than I do, so I hope it does well.

Tom_C

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCab FX4
Occupation
System Admin
Time will tell I guess, but seems to be aimed at a different buyer.

kickinchicken

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger
Occupation
Pro bro
Figure I'm more of an oat milk and free-range organic chicken Ranger guy than a soy milk and tofu Maverick guy or a super-size coke and two big macs with fries F-150 guy. Gotta find a happy medium somehow.
"Ford Ranger - The Free Range Chicken of Trucks". That should be their next tagline. ;)

JAKE2.3

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger STX, 2018 Mustang Ecoboost
Occupation
Appraiser
This^! Everybody hates on CVTs because the early ones were a little finicky. Or because they might overheat if you try and climb Mt Everest at a snails pace. Or because they don't get that same Fast and Furious shifting sound.
The CVT in my wife's Escape Hybrid, which is likely the one in the Mav since it has essentially that same hybrid system, is wonderful. No issues whatsoever. A CVT is definitely not an issue in a vehicle like this.
Agreed. I'd love to see one of these with a 6 speed manual though. What a hoot that would be, especially with the eco and a mild tune.
Sponsored