Fuel in oil

Dustanmont

First Name
Dustan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot! Did you accidently grab a quart of Amsoil ATF by mistake during fillup?!

Called amsoil and they said it’s the Additive package in the signature series. When the Oxidation inhibitors activate it will turn it red. Doesn’t happen all the time. Only certain conditions can cause it and it’s definitely not a concern.
Sponsored

CompDude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Lariat Rapid Red
Occupation
PAID GEEK
Yup... Our 2.0L EB Ford Escape has very little gas smell and no variance in oil over an 8k OCI
I have been looking to buy in the next couple months this has me rethinking.. Or may just find a killer deal on a used one and trade up in 22 if there is redesign

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
I changed my oil 600 miles ago an no more gas smell an no change in the oil level. I wonder if it was do to the over filling in my case.

Reactions: Doc

MotoWojo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Just got back from the dealer. They ended up taking a sample of the oil and are sending it out for testing. I have only about 500 miles or so since I changed the oil last, but the level was about an 1/8" above the max "hole" on the dipstick. They did not think that was too excessive, but I reminded them that I just changed the oil 2+ weeks ago and that the level was up further in the "twist" area before that oil change, to which they agreed was not right. I will do another oil change this weekend and wait for what they say after the oil test gets back. 500 miles between oil changes is not something I can live with, On a positive note, they took care of the tail light recall and my truck checked out OK.

Wheazy

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 XLT
It's been a while since I checked in. as I am in the "Underlying Health Condition" group I haven't taken my truck in yet even though I am beyond the 1000 mile mark. I did swing by the dealer Friday and made an appointment for this coming Friday for them to perform their tests. This will be at 1700 miles instead of the original 1000, which I honestly feel would represent a better chance of the issue presenting itself. I will come armed with my Blackstone Labs sample bottle and will update everyone with results from both the dealer visit and the lab results once returned. I love this little truck and truly hope nothing is there.

more to come...

Jacob

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4
Hmmm I find this too but haven’t had anything more then 6 quarts come out. I wonder if it’s because I let it idle for 2-5 minutes after a long trip so cool the turbo down.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Anybody have any updates yet?
FWIW.....

I talked to the Service Manager at the dealership where I bought my Ranger. He said they have had no Rangers in for this issue.

He said that they have had other vehicles that had injectors that leaked down. He said if the engine cranks and cranks and then fires... that's a good indication of injector issues.

r1ch999999

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
My Ranger has been running rough at startup, I haven’t checked the oil lately but it’s also been sitting a lot.

Wheazy

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150 XLT
Well, got my truck back today from the check-up. Of course, nothing found, no issues reported meaning fill level was at the same mark they put on the dipstick. They did pull a sample for me which I will send to blackstone for analysis. Of course I know Ford will not take that as evidence of a problem, but it will help me decide how I proceed. I did take a smell of the sample bottle and it had a faint whiff of gasoline, but not the strong odor that was present on the initial factory fill. Will update once I receive analysis.

MINI Ranger

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4, 2014 MINI Cooper S Clubman
Occupation
ASE Master Technician, MINI Technician, Retired
Vehicle Showcase
My oil level has not changed since I reported it to the dealer. They changed the oil and filter, made crude scratch marks on both sides of the dipstick and sealed the oil cap and dipstick with a blob of sealer. The sealer was not mentioned on service ticket nor to my service adviser as we checked the oil together when i picked up the truck.
Was something else done to solve the problem that wasn't noted or did the problem just go away for now? Who knows....

BButah

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew FX4 (Saber)
Just did my first oil change at 3419 miles. (My truck was built July 2019 FWIW)
I have attached the Blackstone Test Results below.
In the comments, they say: "nothing took us by surprise".
Perhaps someone else here at 5G has another opinion or a different interpretation of these results?

Screen Shot 2020-04-23 at 2.06.33 PM.png

jsphlynch

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XL
Perhaps someone else here at 5G has another opinion or a different interpretation of these results?

I should be doing my first change this weekend and sending off a sample to Blackstone. If my report looks like this, I'll be happy.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Looks good.. congrats!

Sponsored