First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
It doesn't honk if you get out and leave the door opened. It only honks if you get out and close the door
Also weird. Tried it his morning. Doesn't do that on our XL?
Sponsored

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Also weird. Tried it his morning. Doesn't do that on our XL?
Intelligent Access is not available on XL or XLT, Lariats only. This system allows you to unlock or lock the doors and start turn off the vehicle without a blade-type key or pressing buttons on a key or fob as long as the IA fob is within ~3ft. If you exit the Lariat with the fob on you while it is running, the horn will honk.
If you leave it in the truck while it is running, you can lock it with either the door keypad (if equipped) or the Ford Pass app, just like all models.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
It honks loud when you push lock button twice. Can be fun. :crackup:

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Intelligent Access is not available on XL or XLT, Lariats only. This system allows you to unlock or lock the doors and start turn off the vehicle without a blade-type key or pressing buttons on a key or fob as long as the IA fob is within ~3ft. If you exit the Lariat with the fob on you while it is running, the horn will honk.
If you leave it in the truck while it is running, you can lock it with either the door keypad (if equipped) or the Ford Pass app, just like all models.
Thanks for the explanation.

Once again I'm glad we opted for an XL to avoid all the technology on our truck. We live in the country, nice and quiet, deer roaming about the property, pretty idyllic. So the horn blowing, twice, every time I get out to open / close the overhead barn door would be... well.. Idiotic Access (the exact opposite of "Intelligent Access"). Especially at 5:30 am.

Isn't there a way you folks can turn that off? I mean other than hard wiring a horn disconnect?

Big Blue

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Supercrew lighting blue
Occupation
Retired mechanical designer

Once again I'm glad we opted for an XL to avoid all the technology on our truck. We live in the country, nice and quiet, deer roaming about the property, pretty idyllic. So the horn blowing, twice, every time I get out to open / close the overhead barn door would be... well.. Idiotic Access (the exact opposite of "Intelligent Access"). Especially at 5:30 am.

Isn't there a way you folks can turn that off? I mean other than hard wiring a horn disconnect?
It's called Forscan. :wink:

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee

For those who don't want to use Forscan there is a horn honk eliminator. Just plug into the ODB port and it'll disable it and once done you remove the device.

https://www.4dtech.com/hornhonk/

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless

Well maybe when the gray wolf proliferates in Colorado those deer will be taken care of - after they wipe out the elk population.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Well maybe when the gray wolf proliferates in Colorado those deer will be taken care of - after they wipe out the elk population.
Yeah, that entire Gray Wolf bullshit is being pushed by folks that haven't a clue. Once somebody's kid gets killed and eaten by one, it'll be bounty time on the wolves I see one in my yard, it'll have a hole in it... Manifest Destiny...

dtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger Lariat FX4, chromed and forever damperless
Yeah, that entire Gray Wolf bullshit is being pushed by folks that haven't a clue. Once somebody's kid gets killed and eaten by one, it'll be bounty time on the wolves I see one in my yard, it'll have a hole in it... Manifest Destiny...
Well stated , to me it's unfathomable that initiative was put to statewide vote, let alone be passed, very representative of what CO has become. In 2016 the state wildlife commission unanimously rejected a proposal to re-intro the gray wolf, knowing that in other western states where the wolf has been re-introduced millions have been paid out to compensate cattle ranchers.

THLONE

First Name
Thom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68 Chev C-20, 2019 Ford Ranger XL 4X4
Occupation
internet wise guy
Vehicle Showcase
The horn honk is for scaring the big bad wolf. And if that dont work then use the 3 S procedure.

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Well stated , to me it's unfathomable that initiative was put to statewide vote, let alone be passed, very representative of what CO has become. In 2016 the state wildlife commission unanimously rejected a proposal to re-intro the gray wolf, knowing that in other western states where the wolf has been re-introduced millions have been paid out to compensate cattle ranchers.
Calirado. Folks move here from their old state they now hate... then vote in the laws that made them hate their old state. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing, but expecting different results.

txquailguy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Lariat - 2020 Hyundai Kona Ultimate
Occupation
Biologist
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still back at how you start the truck with the app if the door isn't locked to begin with?
Guess I'm a bit thick....lol

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Calirado. Folks move here from their old state they now hate... then vote in the laws that made them hate their old state. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing, but expecting different results.
We're getting Californicated right now here in AZ. They're coming in droves for the cheaper COL but bringing all their old habits with them! :mad:

Don't CA My AZ.jpg

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
We're getting Californicated right now here in AZ. They're coming in droves for the cheaper COL but bringing all their old habits with them! :mad:

Don't CA My AZ.jpg
Just saw a report in a local newspaper to me that in the NE folks are moving out in droves. A much higher rate than decades before. Looks like the taxation up here is finally choked the golden goose! Won’t be long and I’ll be joining them. ?
Sponsored