Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
Some of these are funny,

I always discuss heavy financial ideas, bc I want to know her opinion. I dont need her permission for anything, but I care about her opinion. Her ideas and overview has changed my mind a couple of times. I always tell her, dont ask to get your nails done, buy some clothes, makeup or whatever you need. Just let me know the amount so I can balance the book and keep our finances in order. I have a habit of backing myself out of things I want anyway, but she will just tell me to go for it. She knows Im responsible with our money. I always end buying her clothes over mine, she tries to talk me out of it but something in me wants her to have it first.
After 8 years We still surprise each other with gifts and I still (waste money ) I mean buy her flowers and stuff like that.
When it comes to vehicles, I just say. Hey babe, Im thinking of getting this for this amount of money. Her reply always is, ok babe just get it, if thats what you want. However I want her involved, I just explain what it is, what its for, and does she think its good idea. Thats respect for each other and it works great!!!!!!
I make sure she does not go without (within reason) , in return she wants the same for me.
She is the biggest blessing in my life, but she says the same about me.
:like:

stangertwc

First Name
Thad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger STX | 2003 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra
Vehicle Showcase
My wife ā€˜influencedā€™ my sun visor mirror purchase. I just have the STX model which doesnā€™t have them (which I never really even noticed) but her look of utter shock when she went to check her makeup to find one not there :LOL:

fortunately I was able to score a salvage yard one, but made me sad to know thereā€™s already a 5G Ranger in car heaven:rolleyes:

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
fortunately I was able to score a salvage yard one, but made me sad to know thereā€™s already a 5G Ranger in car heaven:rolleyes:
:crackup:..............................................:)..................................:frown:........................................:crying:

viperwolf

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Everest 4x4 Titanium BI Turbo, 2015 Ford Ecosport Titanium
Occupation
Retired Military
I'm surprised no one has answered with, "my truck is my spouse..."
I have needs that it cannot provide :giggle:.......................................................?

DukeCanBuildit

First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
Husband-Caregiver
Vehicle Showcase
She doesn't influence my mods but she certainly influences what I tell her...

Rough Country 2-1/2" level kit, new wheels and 32s = I'm getting new winter tires

Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform = I'm installing a rack on the canopy for my ladders

Bushwacker Bolt On Style Fender Flares = I'm protecting the paint from rock chips

Westin Drop Step Nerf Bars = I'm making it easier for you to get in and out of the truck

In reality, I might only be fooling myself. ?

Rinn69

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x4 Lightning Blue
Occupation
Retired USAF MSgt
Vehicle Showcase
When I order new stuff, she enters my credit card number, quantity, and hits "Place Order" and NEVER says no......I love my right hand.

(Yes, I'm single :p )

GtownRanger

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Network Engineer
She doesn't influence my mods but she certainly influences what I tell her...

Rough Country 2-1/2" level kit, new wheels and 32s = I'm getting new winter tires

Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform = I'm installing a rack on the canopy for my ladders

Bushwacker Bolt On Style Fender Flares = I'm protecting the paint from rock chips

Westin Drop Step Nerf Bars = I'm making it easier for you to get in and out of the truck

In reality, I might only be fooling myself. ?
LMFAO!!!! I love it !!

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™m just interested in hearing if others do the same... I drive the Ranger 99% of the time but I see it as just as much my wifeā€™s truck as it is mine.

She doesnā€™t care or know much about suspension parts or engine parts or and hard parts like that so I pick all of those out. Anything cosmetic or for the interior I always get her input.

She decided on the Cup Holder Hero colour and she found the Dominator DSS steps that look great. I picked the size of RokBlokz and she decided the black logo would be best. I prefer the Lariat grille but she likes the Raptor grille so we are going to order it and paint it the Lariat Sport Magnetic colour.
My wife doesn't even know I have a truck...ok maybe she does because she does the bills?

Other than that...she could not care less what I'm doing with it (she has her own SUV) as long as it doesn't bust our bank or cause LEO to show up at our house... ?

geezmo2020

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT 2001 Ranger Edge 2017 Chevy Trax 1978 Camaro Z/28 2013 H/D Switchback
Occupation
Metal fabricator
As long as it's not something totally off the wall, she respects my decisions. She likes her Camaro set-up the way she wants it, and I respect that. On a side note, Phil, good luck with the eye surgery. I have had both eyes surgically repaired (diabetic issues). Bottom line, you will love your 'new' eyes.

BobKnake1968

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT supercab 4x4 Sport
Occupation
RN
My wife told me the tires were too small on my truck. I need to remedy that. I told her it wasnā€™t that simple, I probably need spacers and to change out the crash bars and obviously a leveling kit. She said I already told you the tires are too small they need to be replaced. So I replace them as well as everything else that was needed.

13B5701D-87A8-48E0-B9C6-CE496BEE41F4.jpeg

D Fresh

Banned
Banned
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Lariat FX4, '17 FiST, '16 CX-5, '95 YJ
Occupation
Milkman
My old lady couldn't care less what I do to my vehicles.

I handle the family books but I run large purchases by her.

If she can see practical value in it I can get away without an eye roll. If it's a performance part I get an eye roll and and a brief interrogation of why it's needed. She frowns upon purely cosmetic crap mostly, which works for me because I rarely spend money on cosmetic "upgrades."

First round of mods is bed stuff, purely practical. She is encouraging of the money that will be spent. The second round, lift/wheels/tires/tune she'll need some time to warm up to.

It would be easier if I could get her to spend money on things she wants.
Sponsored