MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
My old lady couldn't care less what I do to my vehicles.

I handle the family books but I run large purchases by her.

If she can see practical value in it I can get away without an eye roll. If it's a performance part I get an eye roll and and a brief interrogation of why it's needed. She frowns upon purely cosmetic crap mostly, which works for me because I rarely spend money on cosmetic "upgrades."

First round of mods is bed stuff, purely practical. She is encouraging of the money that will be spent. The second round, lift/wheels/tires/tune she'll need some time to warm up to.

It would be easier if I could get her to spend money on things she wants.
A cool performance part is well worth the cost of an eye roll....

RANGER_MARC

First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD RANGER LARIAT 2019
Occupation
TEACH
Vehicle Showcase
Seriously, in retrospect, the only two mods that I discussed first with my spouse were the Ford Performance Leveling Kit and the FP Power Pack Tune because they involved what for us is significant money. Smaller stuff I just go ahead and put on, and she either does not notice or does not care.

IdahoRanger

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat SuperCrew FX4
Occupation
RETIRED
Congratulations! We are past thirty years married (and definitely more than three eye rolls)!
Hit 40 years married shortly after her cardiac arrest last August and a lot of things don't matter anymore(life is short) so that is when I got the tunes.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Nope. She decides what's for dinner, I decide what-do regarding my motorized toys.

She's always spot on with dinner.... and she seems to like my taste in motoring related things.. it works out! ?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Mine is another state now, 32 years and lots of water under the dam. My new girl is Natasha. Never talks back or gives an eye roll and drives like a dream! Just like the wife, the more accessories the better! ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Mine is another state now, 32 years and lots of water under the dam. My new girl is Natasha. Never talks back or gives an eye roll and drives like a dream! Just like the wife, the more accessories the better! ?
Plus with Natasha you can just put her in the garage for the night and she won't complain. :lipssealed::shock::bandit:

Edit: I really hope you named your truck Natasha. ?

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
Plus with Natasha you can just put her in the garage for the night and she won't complain. :lipssealed::shock::bandit:

Edit: I really hope you named your truck Natasha. ?
Just for the record I did! Even changed the Nav voice to reflect that! Additionally, my pellet stove that’s going on 20 years now is named Ashley. She’s always a hot mess ?

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Just for the record I did! Even changed the Nav voice to reflect that! Additionally, my pellet stove that’s going on 20 years now is named Ashley. She’s always a hot mess ?
Oh thank God. lol My brain is still half asleep today and I thought so per a conversation a while back. ?

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
Mine doesn't influence my decisions on mods, but after 43 years I've found that she has a much better eye on what looks good, and what doesn't. So I defer to her with several options I like, and we then talk it over on which is best i.e. color, design, etc. When it comes to unseen stuff....that's when I'm apt to get the dreaded "eye roll". :) But she never says "no" on those. She's a damn good woman in my book.