First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired electrician
I’m not a gear head so this is very helpful! Mine clearly states 35 PSI but I never tow and truth being told since I’m retired I don’t drive it much either. 7000 miles in 21 months. But I have noticed that the steering tends to lane float so I may do the chalk test and lower the PSI a little to experiment.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I’m not a gear head so this is very helpful! Mine clearly states 35 PSI but I never tow and truth being told since I’m retired I don’t drive it much either. 7000 miles in 21 months. But I have noticed that the steering tends to lane float so I may do the chalk test and lower the PSI a little to experiment.

Paul another thing you might want to do is get a battery maintainer. There's a lot of parasitic draw with all the tech and if you're not driving much the battery isn't getting fully charged. I used my Ford points and got one there but these two are very good.

The Ford one is this CTEK rebranded for Ford.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CD44RQ...olid=23F2DD1VHYN09&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00068XCQ...olid=1UKFKU4Y25LPI&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

JACKSMYDOG

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat FX4 Black
Occupation
Retired
I bought tires at a local shop a few weeks ago. I didn't tell them what pressure to set, because I had no history on these tires, never owned Michelins before, never ran a 255/70-18 before, and assumed they knew what they were doing, being a tire shop.

I didn't check them before going on, assuming they would set them 75-90% of listed sidewall info which is 50psi max cold pressure. I was going to run them a few days see how they perform, then make an adjustment if required.

Took about 30 minutes @ 55mph for the computer to display the TPMS which showed 37, 43, 46 & 53. WTF. I could see maybe 3lbs variance, but 16 lbs is ridiculous.

I've been running them at 42 since adjusting them after the first trip, and they seem good so far. The forecast has a half inch of snow every morning next week, so that will be be a good test.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
What am I missing, my 19 Ranger says 35 PSI on the door sticker for the tires. Why the difference? Mine is a 4x2 with factory tow package. Please enlighten me.
As far as I know, the SuperCrew calls for 35 and the SuperCab calls for 30.

I'm OCD about tire pressure and check them a couple times a week and every time I get gas. I double check them EVERY time they've been messed with at the dealer or tire shop and they're often incorrect. Surprisingly a lot of dealer techs think they should be inflated to the max psi on the sidewall, which is way too high.

JohnnyO

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger STX 4x4
Occupation
Asst. Greenskeeper, Bushwood Country Club
No, it's based on the specific wheel/tire/suspension options.
Okay. I did run across someone here a while ago with the same model and tires as I have but he had a SuperCrew that called for 35 and my SuperCab calls for 30. STX, 255/65-17 tires.

Sparky2

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired electrician
Paul another thing you might want to do is get a battery maintainer. There's a lot of parasitic draw with all the tech and if you're not driving much the battery isn't getting fully charged. I used my Ford points and got one there but these two are very good.

The Ford one is this CTEK rebranded for Ford.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CD44RQ...olid=23F2DD1VHYN09&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00068XCQ...olid=1UKFKU4Y25LPI&psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it
I have a smart (ish) 4 amp charger, not a true battery maintainer but it works well so thanks for reminding me of that. Going out to the garage to hook it up right now.
When I first got my Ranger I disliked the Auto Stop Start feature enough I bought one of the plug-in devices to over ride it. As it is now I don’t really even need it since the battery doesn’t stay fully charged unless I put the small charger on it.

Sparky2

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Occupation
Retired electrician
Okay. I did run across someone here a while ago with the same model and tires as I have but he had a SuperCrew that called for 35 and my SuperCab calls for 30. STX, 255/65-17 tires.
I should have mentioned it on my first post but big surprise, me forgetting something…. My truck is also the super crew and has the 255/65 R17 stock factory tires.

Gil-galad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Retired
The door placard on my '21 Lariat SuperCrew with stock Bridgestone Dueller A/T 255/65-17 tires recommends 30 psi.
Sponsored