First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger lariat 2023 Cactus grey
Occupation
paramedic
Old thread sorry, i took my tray out and now the front of the tray doesn't sit flush, any tricks to have the 2 whimpy clips to clip?!!?
Sponsored

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer / IT Admin
Old thread sorry, i took my tray out and now the front of the tray doesn't sit flush, any tricks to have the 2 whimpy clips to clip?!!?
My tray looked warped after being out for a while but it turned out to be the dash. After being back in the dash for a day or so the dash conformed to it again and it looks normal

lukdeg

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
paramedic
My tray looked warped after being out for a while but it turned out to be the dash. After being back in the dash for a day or so the dash conformed to it again and it looks normal
Perfect thanks! Ibwas quoted 42$ canadian for a new tray and realized that a thin piece of double sided tape would help to have the edge sitting flush!

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
Perfect thanks! Ibwas quoted 42$ canadian for a new tray and realized that a thin piece of double sided tape would help to have the edge sitting flush!
I just noticed that the photo in this post on page 3 shows the same issue I had, with a gap under the lip front & center. Just wanted to confirm if that's what you're trying to solve? The gap I had was a lot larger, though, but like I said it went away on it's own.

lukdeg

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
paramedic
I just noticed that the photo in this post on page 3 shows the same issue I had, with a gap under the lip front & center. Just wanted to confirm if that's what you're trying to solve? The gap I had was a lot larger, though, but like I said it went away on it's own.
Yea, similar problem but bugger gap, will wait a bit t9nsee if it fixes itself but if not, will use 3m tapes!

OFC Ranger

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ZR2
Vehicle Showcase
haha yup

I ordered a new tray (to try a different mounting configuration) and the old one was out for a few weeks while I was busy at work and couldn't get around to it.

Put the new one in and thought I got a defective bent unit.

Waltztj

First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Xl
Occupation
Retired
Anyone have the tray part number?

Tony Robyn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger Lariat Sport
Occupation
City Administrator
I want to install a USB port in the tray on top of the dash.
Has anyone safely removed the tray without damage?
Or maybe removed the panel where the optional dash speaker would go?
I would like to see what's under there so I could drill the hole and route the 12V wiring.
Anyone try a charging pad install in that tray? I’m hesitant to have my phone baking in the sun on the dash tho. The whole storage and console design in these are amazingly ill-thought for modern vehicles. From the weird dash tray, to the tiny center arm rest console storage, to the minuscule inaccessible cubby behind the shifter.

lukdeg

First Name
Luc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
paramedic
Anyone try a charging pad install in that tray? I’m hesitant to have my phone baking in the sun on the dash tho. The whole storage and console design in these are amazingly ill-thought for modern vehicles. From the weird dash tray, to the tiny center arm rest console storage, to the minuscule inaccessible cubby behind the shifter.
I have a wireless charger from quadmount and it overheats... Not sure if it's a dull charger or the sun baking the dash but half of the time, i have to unplug the charger and plug my cell directly to charge it.

Tony Robyn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
City Administrator
Boo, yes, I wondered.

TechnicallyReal

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger Lariat 4x4
Occupation
I did a long time ago (https://www.ranger5g.com/forum/threads/wireless-charging-install.2704/post-166996) and have basically since forgotten, as it never gets used. I think it did get too hot, but mostly it's just not a good spot for me to put a phone as it slides around.

Ronbo

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4+
Occupation
Retired LEO Sgt., USAF & USA Veteran.
Vehicle Showcase
Still not as bad as the weird dash tray on the new Chevy Colorado. It’s hidden behind the infotainment screen and is quite small.
1699636082849.jpeg

Tony Robyn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
City Administrator