2019 Dash Tray Issue

Trey1940

First Name
Trey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Fiesta ST, 2019 Ranger Lariat FX4 Sport
Thanks for the follow-up. I have a couple radios to choose from with detachable faceplates (Motorola XPR 5550 & CS800D, both used for DMR). I would like to explore a mic extension like you have so the mic cable doesn't have to drape across the nav screen. I like the clean look you have.
The Lightforce fascia has an RJ45 pass through as a switch option, I just ran a regular cat5 extension cable from the faceplate down to the fascia and it works great.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Fjoyner

Fjoyner

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Lariat 4X4, FX4, Black package
Occupation
Retired Optometrist
The Lightforce fascia has an RJ45 pass through as a switch option, I just ran a regular cat5 extension cable from the faceplate down to the fascia and it works great.
Well, that would work for the 800D very well. I have a mic extension cable coming this week for the XPR5550 which would allow me to remote-locate the mic for it as well. Nice.

OP
OP
Fjoyner

Fjoyner

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Optometrist
Well, that would work for the 800D very well. I have a mic extension cable coming this week for the XPR5550 which would allow me to remote-locate the mic for it as well. Nice.
I can't find a place where the Lightforce fascia is available for sale (CBFASCIA). I suppose that's a known issue or does anyone have a source in the US?

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
you may need to pull it rearward after the front(toward the hood) is seated just a few thousands of an inch.
I used a flat 1-1/2" scraper as a pry bar to align mine.
You might lightly heat the area with a hairdryer.

thumbnail.jpgDT4.jpg

thumbnail.jpgDT2.jpg

thumbnail.jpgDT7.jpg

thumbnail.jpgDT9.jpg

OP
OP
Fjoyner

Fjoyner

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Retired Optometrist
Thanks again for the photo with the tray removed. I really don't want to take mine out again unless I'm prepared to get the job done, yet I need to see what kind of room there is to run wires, etc. Any additional photos with the tray out would be appreciated!!

Floyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Ranger SCab,'16 Connect,'95 MustangGT,'50 Ford
Thanks again for the photo with the tray removed. I really don't want to take mine out again unless I'm prepared to get the job done, yet I need to see what kind of room there is to run wires, etc. Any additional photos with the tray out would be appreciated!!
these are the rest that I took, not much,but if you click on any of them they are pretty large.

thumbnail.jpgDT5.jpg

thumbnail.jpgDT1.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited: