First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Anyone know of a dual gauge pod that will fit in the tray above the radio? Trans temp, and boost would be great. Unless there is a digital option I do not know about.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Dereku

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Is there a list of gauges that is confirmed to work with the ranger? Trans temp is my big one right now, and boost is always fun to see.

FunInTheSun

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XL 4x4, STX, in Velocity Blue
Occupation
Engineer (Semi-Retired)
Vehicle Showcase
Mount a $60 tablet there. Buy a wireless obd reader for $25. Get Torque Pro II for $4.95

Have unlimited gauges.
Any suggestions for a mount?

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
Is there a list of gauges that is confirmed to work with the ranger? Trans temp is my big one right now, and boost is always fun to see.
Those are both available on my SCT BDX, so should be available through Torque Pro. The big one that I'd like to see, but we can't in our trucks is oil pressure. You don't know there's a problem with oil pressure, until the idiot light comes on.

I don't know about on Torque Pro, but on my SCT BDX, the boost gauge clips at 22.47 psi and won't read anything higher. I don't know if that's a SCT thing, or a Ford Ranger thing.

Sariandan

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang EcoBoost
Occupation
Paramedic/Shift Supervisor
Off the top, I know you can see accelerator position, boost, coolant temp, fuel pressure, gear, intake temp, knock retard or advance values, load, long and short-term fuel trims, octane adjustment ratio, rpm, spark advance, desired and actual throttle inlet pressure, vvt values, airflow values AFR in Lambda... lots more. These are values that I found when looking up what various tuners want datalogged. Now, whether Torque Pro shows all those or not, I don't know. I would imagine it does.

Synfulz

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger FX4 Diesel :)
Occupation
Retired Powerplant Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Off the top, I know you can see accelerator position, boost, coolant temp, fuel pressure, gear, intake temp, knock retard or advance values, load, long and short-term fuel trims, octane adjustment ratio, rpm, spark advance, desired and actual throttle inlet pressure, vvt values, airflow values AFR in Lambda... lots more. These are values that I found when looking up what various tuners want datalogged. Now, whether Torque Pro shows all those or not, I don't know. I would imagine it does.
Yes you can bring those up and set up your screens with many different gauges. Other thing that is great with Torque pro is that you can also do fault codes and check them and clear them.

OP
OP
Dereku

Dereku

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Occupation
Project Manager
Well once Amazon arrives it looks like I have some tinkering to do. Thanks everyone.

Dr3wDrop

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lariat Tremor
If I was to go with a boost gauge setup, I would contact HN Customs

Boost Gauge.JPG

HN Customs Boost Gauge 2.JPG

HN Customs Boost Gauge.JPG

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Here is my gauge setup. I purchased an Autometer 3 gauge pod that has a pedestal so the gauges will be above edge of the tray. Vacuum/Boost, Oil Pressure and Voltage.

IMG_20220627_102016102.jpg

I started to do the install about a month ago and planned to install a Tee where the factory low oil pressure switch is but found it had a metric thread and couldn't find fittings that would work with the 1/8 NPT gauge sender and the metric factory switch. I wound up getting this adapter that sandwiches between the block and oil filter.

IMG_20220627_102107995.jpg

I am hoping when I take out the upfitter switch pod there will be enough slack in the harness to relocate down on the center stack near the coin tray. I don't plan to use them so if I can't no sweat.

For the boost gauge I purchased a setup mentioned in another thread that allows you to tee off the intake manifold without cutting any vacuum lines.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Here is my gauge setup. I purchased an Autometer 3 gauge pod that has a pedestal so the gauges will be above edge of the tray. Vacuum/Boost, Oil Pressure and Voltage.

IMG_20220627_102016102.jpg

I started to do the install about a month ago and planned to install a Tee where the factory low oil pressure switch is but found it had a metric thread and couldn't find fittings that would work with the 1/8 NPT gauge sender and the metric factory switch. I wound up getting this adapter that sandwiches between the block and oil filter.

IMG_20220627_102107995.jpg

I am hoping when I take out the upfitter switch pod there will be enough slack in the harness to relocate down on the center stack near the coin tray. I don't plan to use them so if I can't no sweat.

For the boost gauge I purchased a setup mentioned in another thread that allows you to tee off the intake manifold without cutting any vacuum lines.
Do you have any more pics/info on your setup/what you used to put it together?

Dgc333

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger Lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Do you have any more pics/info on your setup/what you used to put it together?
Here is a picture of it installed. There is an issue with my phone's camera and the LED back lighting in the gauges that doesn't capture everything back lit at the same time. So the picture is with the engine off.
IMG_20220628_115545597.jpg

The gauges are from Glowshift as is the oil filter sandwich adapter and as previously mention the gauge pod came from Autometer. The gauges are LED back lit and you have your choice of seven colors. I have been using Ice Blue.

The boost gauge came with soft silicone tubing that easily kinked and pinched off the vacuum/boost from the engine. I wound up using 1/8" nylon tubing and picked up some 90 degrees tubing fittings off Amazon for the connection to the gauge. The gauges have three power and a ground connection. Ground is to the frame of the panel under the steering wheel. I used add a circuit pigtails in unused fuse positions in the fuse panel under the dash. Switched 12v for turning the gauges on/off with ignition and constant 12v for the gauge memory. The third connection goes to the headlights to dim the gauge back lighting at night. There wasn't an obvious place to hook it up under the dash so I went without. The gauges are not to bright at night so I won't bother with looking for a place to connect that wire.

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger
Here is a picture of it installed. There is an issue with my phone's camera and the LED back lighting in the gauges that doesn't capture everything back lit at the same time. So the picture is with the engine off.
IMG_20220628_115545597.jpg

The gauges are from Glowshift as is the oil filter sandwich adapter and as previously mention the gauge pod came from Autometer. The gauges are LED back lit and you have your choice of seven colors. I have been using Ice Blue.

The boost gauge came with soft silicone tubing that easily kinked and pinched off the vacuum/boost from the engine. I wound up using 1/8" nylon tubing and picked up some 90 degrees tubing fittings off Amazon for the connection to the gauge. The gauges have three power and a ground connection. Ground is to the frame of the panel under the steering wheel. I used add a circuit pigtails in unused fuse positions in the fuse panel under the dash. Switched 12v for turning the gauges on/off with ignition and constant 12v for the gauge memory. The third connection goes to the headlights to dim the gauge back lighting at night. There wasn't an obvious place to hook it up under the dash so I went without. The gauges are not to bright at night so I won't bother with looking for a place to connect that wire.
Thank you!

Sojourner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger XLT Tremor
Occupation
Retired Army / Disabled Vet
I am hoping when I take out the upfitter switch pod there will be enough slack in the harness....
I bumped another older thread about a week ago on a similar topic and got no response (it was my first post here on Ranger5G). So I'll bump this one and hope to get an answer. If not, off to create a new thread.

Here's the problem: I can't seem to find anything in the shop manual that addresses removing the upfitter switch pod.

So here's the question: did you remove the pod? Process? Suggestions? Start at the back?

Thanks, in advance, for any advice.
Sponsored