Catalytic converter Anti-theft

NickTheEnforcer

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid SE Sport AWD, 2009 Dodge Ram Big Horn Crew 4x4 HEMI
Occupation
Residential Construction Project Development & Purchasing.
WELL despite you being in the 'pro' dampener camp I will still give my priceless advise, worth about 1.5 million Bitcoin..
1. Take it to a muffler shop that does custom work, by me it's in the Spanish/Mexican side of town where guys still like to do mods & customs at reasonable prices and ask them to throw some spot welds across the flanges so at least the thief needs to saw-all if off.
2. go to Amazon and spend $5 for a fake battery operated dome camera and mount it near where you park it at night, also make sure your house lights or anywhere you park overnight is well lit.
3. make sure you have a good insurance carrier and low enough deducible so you are not out of pocket more than you can afford.

JMO.
FYI on #1 not being a 'racist' just factual observation, the last time I took one of my vehicles to the local custom exhaust 'cracker' he was more than double the cost that my Mexican brothers charged just two towns over. Now they are my go-to-guys...

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
I read this thread, and may have missed the answer to this: is there a shock sensor with any trim/package or perimeter alarm, or ONLY with aftermarket perimeter plus?
Ie is there any factory ranger package that includes perimeter plus? It's odd if we can't get a vehicle with a shock sensor...

I have 302A + tech package (including remote start), and it seems redundant to add a module with has almost everything I already have, except a shock sensor.

( Tried rocking the vehicle and banging on the window, and no alarm triggered. )

Reactions: Doc

NeptuneRanger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT
Occupation
Insurance Agency Owner AZ, CA, CO and WA.
For what it is worth, 26 years as an agent in metro Phoenix and also sell insurance in CO, CA and WA as well. Only heard about this once and it was just this year in a blighted area near downtown Phoenix. You are much more likely to have rats gnaw your electric wires than this issue. That is what comprehensive coverage is for, lower your deductible if you wish and forget about it.

Spiritfish

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 Supercab, Lightning Blue
I’ve been up all night worrying about this ...:bandit:
Well if you were sitting in your truck all night while worrying then the likelihood of a thief making off with your cat is pretty low...nearly zero. I think you've found the answer!:inspect:

JimH

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCrew
Occupation
Retired
My sister had her cat stolen from her Prius in her driveway a few weeks ago (Austin, Texas) .. after insurance replaced it, she had the CatGuard installed (ad on several pages in this thread). Don't see why one of them couldn't be mounted on a Ranger...

HenryMac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SuperCab XL - FX4 - Magnetic - Rocksliders
Occupation
Mech. Engineer - Retired
Make the recyclers log who is bringing the converters to them... they are the one's giving the thieves money for them, right?

Radioman

First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger Lariat SuperCrew 4x2, 2017 Toyota Limited Highlander w/Platinum Pkg., 2012 Jeep JK Rubicon
Occupation
Retired RF Telecommications Manager
Etch your VIN all over the cat...
I think most of the thefts occur at night and the scumbag probably won't even see the etching. So you as the owner would still be missing a cat. I just don't think the etching would stop the thief.
Sponsored