Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
Easier to find a nicer truck to park beside...
Sponsored

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
I looked in the service manual, but didn't find this info:
where is the start solenoid connector / wire?

From the manual, the Starter motor solenoid relay is in the Engine Compartment Fuse Box. But, there doesn't seem to be a fuse associated with it.

Am I missing it, or would this not be protected by a fuse for some reason?

There's also "Ignition switch. Lock solenoid. Push button start" in the Passenger Compartment Fuse Box.
What exactly is Ignition Switch? Could it also be a good kill switch point, since it's connected to the ignition switch?

jblc

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XLT FX2 supercab
Just bumping again, since probably others would be interested in knowing...

Where is the start solenoid connector / wire?
I looked in the service manual, but didn't find this info...

Last edited:

chrisakz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Supercab XLT FX4
I drove a 68 mustang fastback in high school and if I was parking in shady locations( givin you can just pop the hood and steal that car with a screwdriver on the starter solenoid and a lead wire to the ignition coil) I’d pull the rotor outta the distributor and put it in my pocket. Chances are not to many people are running around trying to steal cars with a ford small block rotor on them LOL. That being said pulling something similar like fuel pump relay could be easily done without permanently wiring into stuff. However a savvy thief or mechanic could just switch some relays/fuses around.

OP
OP
mailbox4449

mailbox4449

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Not sure yet
I drove a 68 mustang fastback in high school and if I was parking in shady locations( givin you can just pop the hood and steal that car with a screwdriver on the starter solenoid and a lead wire to the ignition coil) I’d pull the rotor outta the distributor and put it in my pocket. Chances are not to many people are running around trying to steal cars with a ford small block rotor on them LOL. That being said pulling something similar like fuel pump relay could be easily done without permanently wiring into stuff. However a savvy thief or mechanic could just switch some relays/fuses around.
Probably not the most popular to steal, but want to add that layer to deny the "Grand Theft Auto" wanna be's who don't know crap ;)