First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor, 2020 Fleetwood Bounder 35P
Occupation
Retired
I tend to clean my truck quite a lot by hand. It does get dusty because it sits in a car port. I use a California duster and then spray detail it. It is a very quick way to keep it looking nice.
That is a gorgeous truck!
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
There's no touch-less car washes around here so I hand wash only. We only get at most 9" of rain a year (if that) so it stays clean. Dust is a huge factor here but I just use my California duster every other day and she stays all shinny and clean.

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
I didn't even know non touchless car washes still existed. Haven't seen one since I was a kid and as far as I know there aren't any around here. So I just figured everyone had moved on to the better touchless method.
Yup, they're still around. We have one that opened up about 3 years ago just down the street from me. It has those big microfiber arms hanging down that take all the dirt from the vehicles before you and rake it all over yours. :shock: It's only $3 for the quick wash and most here are cheap so they have a line of vehicles every day waiting to go through scratching their paint.

Last edited:

Tracy Bowman

First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Hyundai Accent, 2001 Ford F-150, 2019 Ford Ranger FX4 Saber Lariat
I didn't even know non touchless car washes still existed. Haven't seen one since I was a kid and as far as I know there aren't any around here. So I just figured everyone had moved on to the better touchless method.
Oh, yeah! Just mosey through Southeast Alabama - you’ll see quite a few. Regardless of what people may believe, Alabama is not always the leader in innovation. :) :crackup:

Langwilliams

First Name
Langley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Ranger XLT, 2014 Harley Street Glide
Occupation
Mail Carrier (retired) Navy Vet
There's been an explosion of new car washes in my area. Most have the hanging towel things that drag across the truck. I like the no touch but they are getting harder an harder to find. The line at the no touch takes a while since it does one vehicle completely then starts the next. The moving line ones are popping up everywhere an I drive right by one all the time. They make fast work of the line since a new car enters every 15 seconds or so an the cars move through instead of sitting still for a complete wash.

I think the silver an chrome scheme looks clean a long time so I usually go once every other week.

Motorpsychology

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger STX SuperCab 4X4, '09 Mariner
Occupation
Vagabond
Most KwikTrips have at least a touchless wash and the newer ones have a separate cloth brush bay or a single combo bay that you can select between the two when you pay. Here's a list of all their car wash locations and type of wash system including Duluth.
I've used the cloth brush one in River Falls on my black Escape without hurting the finish, but I usually use the touchless if the dirt inn't caked on.

Msfitoy

First Name
Sid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger, 2003 MINI Cooper S, 2021 Honda CT125
Occupation
Automotive, Industrial Designer
Vehicle Showcase
May be a locational thing? I live in an arid climate, we have cactus in our yard and fire restrictions about all year, so we have a lot of dust.
California duster...magic stick works miracles...we have GREEN dust... ?

Last edited:

wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Old used up LEO
most of the year my magnetic Ranger is clean looking. when the pollen from the trees & plants let go it looks more green than magnetic.......:mad:
During pollen season in my area of NC everyone's car is the same color. :)

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
During pollen season in my area of NC everyone's car is the same color. :)
That's how everyones vehicle looked like back in MA...Green. What's worse was when you got a small rain cloud that rained just enough to make it even more of a mess. Glad we don't have that here but the dust is almost as bad. There's always dust in the air here and you wonder how the heck it gets inside when all the windows have been closed for months?

24dRanger

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger Lariat SCrew 4x4
Occupation
Software Engineer
Regardless of what people may believe, Alabama is not always the leader in innovation. :) :crackup:
What the .,-?! I’ve been here for 30 years and am just now hearing this :eek:

Not sure about PrattVegas but there are minimal car washes near me. I think Circle K which is not touchless and then a rebadged GooGoo in Wetonka that is fairly worn out.

My previous trucks got worked more than this one will and as it is Shadow Black it will require more effort than I’m normally willing to give. I will at least try to put some early effort in it so I can get the constant bird bombs off easily. I also need to get some owl decoys to scare birds away from my carport.

Trigganometry

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 XLT scab 301A/tow 4X4 magnetic w/sport blackout
Occupation
Engineering
That's how everyones vehicle looked like back in MA...Green. What's worse was when you got a small rain cloud that rained just enough to make it even more of a mess. Glad we don't have that here but the dust is almost as bad. There's always dust in the air here and you wonder how the heck it gets inside when all the windows have been closed for months?
It’s a St Paddy’s decorative coat that washes off. If you leave your windows cracked the interior get equal treatment!

Blmpkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 ranger

The past couple years up here in the "pine tree state" have been insane for pine pollen. Good gust of wind comes along and you start feeling like your in some sort of radiation cloud or something lol.

OP
OP
Strokerduster

Strokerduster

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ranger XLT, 2019 Edge ST, 1946 CJ2a street rod, shop full of motoorcycles
Vehicle Showcase
The past couple years up here in the "pine tree state" have been insane for pine pollen. Good gust of wind comes along and you start feeling like your in some sort of radiation cloud or something lol.
Cedar (juniper) is no better.....

IMG-2852.jpg