Soooooo.... I found a touchless car wash!

OP
OP
paval3

paval3

First Name
Val
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger XLT Crewcab & 2003 Mountaineer Premier
Pretty sure my 2010 Fusion, when the roof is slid back, I just hold the button for a second or so, let go and then it closes all the way. If I want to keep it open 1/2 way, I hit it again. Once closed, I need to hit the button again to lift up the back for ventilation. Press back again and it closes.
Been a while since I've used it but will check this weekend. Of course, the Mountaineer could be different.
I've had 3 vehicles over the years with sunroofs including a VW with a hand crank and with a little maintenance on them, never had an issue with leaks. I'd take one in the Ranger.
I'll try it that way, but I'm pretty sure you have to keep pressing the button.
With mine, soon as you let off pressing the button, it stops at that position

Reactions: Doc

Jason B

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XL STX SE 4x2
Occupation
machinist
Question about car washes... in those car washes with the big rollers, not touchless, do you take off your tonneau cover? I have a soft cover, wondering if it will get destroyed.
I have the Truxedo soft rollup cover. The first time I went thru, I thought the air dryers
would rip it off. The second time I went thru, I rolled it up. But the fabric of the spinning brushes stuck in the Velcro strip, ripping threads from the brushes. So now I leave it in place.

wetidlerjr

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Ranger XLT, SCrew, FX4, Shadow Blk, Blk App Pkg
Occupation
Retired Railroad Construction Signalman
My new MINI is already getting dirty and I am wondering what people's experience has been with Touchless Car Washes.
Do you have to drive up onto a ramp, or does the machine move alongside you car and spray water? I read somewhere that the tires can be damaged by some kind of ramps?...
Thanks a bunch.
The "touchless" I go to in a nearby city has no ramps. All equipment goes around the vehicle spraying various liquids and water. NOTHING else touches the vehicle in any way.:like:
Sponsored