Ranger X3

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Supercab Lariat FX4
Hi all,
I went through the car wash this weekend and ended up losing the antenna. The car wash doesn't have it, do you think this could be a warranty claim? ?
7CC2D763-BB1B-464B-9950-90BE264DB05A.jpeg
Sponsored

AzScorpion

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Ranger Tremor
Occupation
CEO of DeeZee
Doesn't hurt to try but I wouldn't tell them you went through a cash wash. Tell them you were driving down the road and it just flew off. I'd bet the car wash has a big sign saying "Not responsible for damage" somewhere on their property.

Chris M

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ranger XLT Sport 4X4
Occupation
Security Supervisor
If you lost it at the car wash, they do too so either have it...somewhere down in the drain pits.

Jbroke

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat 2WD
Occupation
Sports
Doesn't hurt to try but I wouldn't tell them you went through a cash wash. Tell them you were driving down the road and it just flew off. I'd bet the car wash has a big sign saying "Not responsible for damage" somewhere on their property.
Yeah car washes are pretty scummy people, I had an issue with one I did a monthly wash plan. After a wash on the side of my truck I got about 5/6 small little paint chips along the side of my truck all at the same level which I knew came from the car wash. But really was small enough to where I didn't care that much since I knew it was an easy paint pen fix. Went to go cancel the membership not even to raise hell about the damage or wanting them to pay for anything and instantly the guy got super defensive asked me to show him the damage and was insisting they were all rock chips then stated that damage did not come from the car wash and they were not liable despite I never even asked for anything just to cancel my membership. I never knew rock chips were so accurate to be 12-16 inches directly apart even in a line.

DanaBovender

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
From the Florida Panhandle Residing in Germany
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat Supercrew 4x4
Occupation
Gov Employee
Do the right thing…. karma bites back hard and integrity is the right thing to have.
Don’t go lying to the dealership…. This is why they question everything someone claims as a warranty.
Just buy a new one and install it and start to wash your truck by hand.

WhyNot21

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Lariat FX4 Screw 501A ...
Occupation
EE
how much of the wiring got pulled out with the antenna?
Looks like all of it!

I believe this is not the GPS antenna, but the satellite and FM radio antenna. I think the GPS is mounted in the vehicle.

AdamHarris

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT FX4 Black Supercrew
Occupation
Collision Repair Instructor
Vehicle Showcase
So just lie to Ma Ford? I thought we hated it when they did that to us! Ha!

JaysOnTheEDGE

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger XLT Sport 4x4, 2021 Escape SEL AWD
Car washes with the brushes are the devil. Only carwashes I use are the touch free ones.
I used a touch less wash once that left a brown film on my previous vehicle turns out the water is recycled and filtered for reuse , so now I either hand wash with some buckets or use a waterless wash like meguiars D115 waterless car detailer.

rcairflr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Occupation
retired
Car washes with the brushes are the devil. Only carwashes I use are the touch free ones.
Yeap, I honestly can't understand why ANYONE would take a new(er) vehicle through those types of car washes. I guess the Op learned his lesson.
Sponsored